Hello there, you know, the start of a new year is funny. I find myself reflecting on how I have come to this point and I ask myself what the future holds. The more I reflect the more I realize there is no way of knowing what is to come. The only thing I can do is, trust the Lord with all my heart and not lean on my own understanding.
For me this first month of the year has been quit peaceful and rich. My church kicked off the year with a week of prayer and fasting together. We would gather daily to seek the Lord through His Word, praise, and prayer. To be honest, I was pretty nervous about it and unsure of how it would go; I guess I was unsure of my willingness. I felt God prompt me with the two questions of, first do I believe He is worthy? Second, Do I trust Him to sustain me always? These questions were heavy indeed, but much needed as most of life’s questions are. Times often come when we discover where we find our strength in life, what keeps us going and I am thankful to find time and time again that my strength truly comes from the Lord. He is a whole lot stronger and more capable than I am, so that’s pretty comforting.
While I have been spending more time in prayer, Jesus has definitely been stirring up my heart. Through the Bible, pastors, classes, and friends, I continually feel called to go out into the world and share the Gospel. God faithfully fills my heart with a hope and a future and I just have the passion to share that beautiful hope with others. I am interning here with Saving Grace World Missions to equip and ready myself in faith that God will direct and send me in His timing. Not a minute too soon. I have been praying more and more about South Asia and I would so appreciate you to prayers with me about this. Knowing that 3.2 billion people have never heard the name of Jesus, they don’t have the love or hope He brings breaks my heart and it drives me to action.
Just at the tail end of the month, COVID made it’s way into my house. Rest assured I am in good health, but I have had to quarantine. We were quite shocked with the positive test but we have been cautious and have kept to our rooms. As an introvert, I fare well in my room. God always seems to meet with me. David said it well in Psalm 23, “He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul…” Oh, that David and his beautiful way of conveying God’s love.
Tis’ sweet to be loved by a gracious, loving, awesome and powerful God.
- I am thankful we can meet and pray so freely in America.
- Praise to God, He has kept me covid free so far and kept my roommates symptoms mild.
- Praise the Lord for fellowship and encouragement from family and friends.
- Praise Jesus from whom all blessings flow, for peace and for joy.
- Please join me in prayer for the Lord’s direction and guidance about South Asia but more, please pray for the people who haven’t heard to be saved.
- If you could, please keep my roommates health in your prayers.
- Also, please pray with me for my coworker, she has many anxieties and doesn’t know Jesus, I so want to be used as a light for her.
- Please pray that Lord would grow me in wisdom, love, grace and knowledge of His word more and more everyday