“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”John 14:27 (ESV)
I pray that this update finds you well, and that your lives are being more and more measured in the peace that only He can provide. For many of us, this season has been turbulent and uncomfortable—to say the least. I pray this passage would be an encouragement to you in that season. My mind goes to a quote by C.H. Spurgeon, it goes something like this, “I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages.” For me, this is a reminder to trust in His sovereignty in this season, and to recognize where He is drawing me closer to Him in the midst of my pain and sufferings. 1 Peter 4:19 says, “Therefore let those who suffer according to God’s will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.” His mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23), His lovingkindness never fails, and we serve such an amazing God. He is trustworthy and worthy of my praise—even in the midst of my greatest trials and struggles. I pray that you would cast your every care on Him knowing that He cares for you, and that His love for you is beyond measure—it was displayed at Calvary, and His work for you upon that cross has brought a security of an everlasting kind. Peace He leaves with you…
As far as this last month has left me, there are a few things to report and update you about! Middle School has been going well. We have a solid core group of kids that are pretty amazing. I’m blessed by them constantly, and they’re pretty good about making me laugh too. This last month we had a lot go on, we had our Middle School Summer Camp where I took three of our middle school boys down to SoCal for a joint Calvary Summer Camp and it was a blast! The theme was “Living Water” out of John 8:37-38, and God was doing an amazing work in the hearts of the students and leaders who attended. Hearts were being set free and callings were made known—praise the Lord! Please pray for my boys that they would draw ever closer to Jesus and His heart for them, and that the truths they learned that week would only deepen and not fade. Lord willing, there will be an opportunity to do more camps like that in the future!
The week after camp we took our students for a joint trip to Hurricane Harbor (a six flags water park) and we had a blast! It was a great way to spend a hot day! Back at home we just said farewell to one of our leaders who is going off to college. We’re excited for her, but also bummed to not have her while she’s at school. Other than that, we’ve had an addition to our leader team and are still plugging away through the Gospel of John.
Prayer for MS:
Please pray for the Middle School group!
- That the Lord would help me to delegate well to my leaders, and that we would pour into those kids with our utmost as we receive from the Lord.
- That those kids would begin to seek the Lord for His calling on their lives (even at their age)!
- That they would fall madly in love with Jesus, and that He would empower us by His Spirit to minister effectively and unapologetically according to His heart and Word.
Fantastic news: my tickets are purchased and I am all set to go to Peru for the South American church planting and missions conference! I am going down with an SGWM team to help work and prepare for the conference!
Prayer for Peru:
- Please pray for me, that my heart would be ready to receive from the Lord whatever He’s wanting to speak to me during that trip.
- That He would continue to hone and provide vision for what’s to come.
- That He would use me and the team to be a blessing and encouragement to the school and those at the conference while we’re there!
- That He would give clarity on timing for when I am to go (still hoping for January).
If you feel led to partner with me financially as I prepare for going out long term, there is a link below where you can do that.
Thank you so much for your partnership prayerfully and financially,