One thing I feel the Lord has been impressing upon my heart more and more lately is to be faithful. My hope is that I have been, but there are always things to grow in, and I pray the Lord helps me to be a faithful witness of His until He returns or calls me home. Be faithful in the little things—you’ll reap a harvest (Gal. 6:9), don’t despise the day of small beginnings (Zech. 4:10). If we are faithful in little, then we will be faithful in much (Luke 16:10). Lord, make us faithful in all things, and all for Your glory!
Summer With the Middle School
So far we’ve already been able to do two of our events; mini golf and laser tag and arcade at Epicenter! The kids are having a great time, and during our weekly study we’re going through John. This week we’re in John 7, and I’m excited to see what the Lord is going to do. Later this month we have our Summer Middle School Camp and so far it’s looking like we’re going to have around 5 students coming. It’s a joint Calvary camp and the theme is going to be Living Water! Please be praying that the students would taste and see that He’s good and that they would come to Him as their Savior
In the last couple of updates I’ve been mentioning that there is an exciting opportunity ahead and I appreciate your prayers! It’s clear now that the Lord had other plans in my going to Peru. As I got to serve in Trujillo, the Lord began to stir in my heart towards joining the Bible college there to serve and learn how to help run and even plant a Bible college in the future. The Lord is doing a great work in South America and I have an exciting opportunity to be a part of it. Training up the next generation of pastors, church planters, and missionaries has been on my heart, since shortly after I began my first year of Bible college, and I am excited to be able to pursue going. As of right now we are praying about and moving toward my going in the beginning of the year in 2024. There is a lot changing and moving with the Bible college in Trujillo, it’s growing, and I am really looking forward to what the Lord is going to do there.
Please pray for me for wisdom—on how best to prepare and get ready to go early next year. I’m currently trying to learn Spanish as much as I can on Duolingo (there’s no replacement for being immersed in a culture and it’s language). I’m also going to start working on a good working budget for my time there. The plan is to start with a 6-month trip in the hopes of being a part of the work there long-term. I know the Lord will lead and guide! Prior to going in 2024, my hope is to attend the Calvary Church Planting and Missions Conference (September 28-30; the trip is Sep. 23-Oct. 2) that will be held at the Bible College in Trujillo. It’s going to be a sweet time and an amazing opportunity to get an idea and pulse on what the Lord is doing in Peru and South America as well!
Prayer and Needs
- That projects at home for the benefit of my family would be completed soon.
- Completing other tasks I said I would complete.
- My dad’s health and recovery (motivation and strength).
- That I would be faithful in the ministries that the Lord has placed in my care.
- The right people to help take over those ministries in the long-term.
- That transition would go smoothly and without discouragement for the middle schoolers
- The Lord’s provision to attend the conference.
- I will be getting my airfare separately and then joining a SGWM team for a week.
- Airfare currently is ~$700-900, and the cost of room and board is about $240
- Favor with the team and students—that we would be a blessing as we help work the conference and minister to the students and staff’s needs there.
>6 Month Start in Peru
- Wisdom for the staff and myself moving forward on long term plans.
- Provision and getting the budget worked out
- Favor with all involved and that the work there would grow abundantly and for the glory of His name!
Thank you for all of your prayers and support,