Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”– Hebrews 13:5-6 (NKJV)
It can always be so easy to look at what we don’t have or what we think we need and grow weary or discontented. We live in a culture where everything is always pulling for our attention and demanding a response. In a culture like that, what a blessing to know we have a God and Savior who cuts right through it all, Who’s faithfulness, grace, and love is there for the taking, will we choose it? I know that’s something I must constantly check in my heart. The Lord is so good, ready to provide our every need, and He wants to be our contentment. He wants to be the fulfillment of our need. There is nothing greater than His love, and nothing greater than knowing and loving Him.
Since Last Time
There’s a lot going on right now, lot’s of fun, and lot’s of discipleship. We’ve had multiple Bible studies going on, Home Fellowship Groups, great teachings, and fellowship on Sunday’s. There is always much to be done, and I am thankful for the opportunities the Lord has given. Middle School is going great! We’ve been having about 8-12 kids show up consistently and they’ve been growing a lot. Their Biblical literacy blows my mind, and I am so excited to see what the Lord is going to do in their hearts and minds. Recently we did a joint event with our high schoolers at a trampoline park and we had a great time jumping and doing so ropes style courses, and a great time to connect with the students too. The week after that we had our Cereal Party Movie Night and watched Prince of Egypt and got to discuss those events from Scripture as well! These kids have a great attention span and learning more and more each time we meet. This last week we picked back up into our study of John and looked at Jesus and his interaction with the Samaritan woman at the well, and how Jesus “needed” to go through Samaria (v.4); there were clearly a lot of people that needed His good news, and He started with her.
Next on the docket is a trip to Peru in May! I’m approved and excited to get to serve the Lord in South America. We will get to partner with a CBI in Peru and get to do outreach and ministry for this 10 day trip. I’m excited to see all that the Lord will do in and through us during our time there. This summer we will also have a missions trip we will be doing to Uganda to partner with ministries there as well. I am excited to see what the Lord will do!
- That I would be focused on making disciples of Jesus with our Middle Schoolers
- For my team and I that we would be discerning, prayerful, and filled with the Lord’s love and wisdom
- That the students would have ears to hear what the Lord is saying through His Word
- For our Middle School Winter Camp coming up in 2 weeks
- For hearts to be prepared
- For traveling mercies
- That their faith would be bolstered and that they would run after Christ
- Preparation of the team and I’s hearts as we get ready to go to Peru
- Provision for I and the rest of the team to go (I have a remainder of $1,300 due)
- That the Lord’s will would be done, and that our hearts would be aligned to His will
- Provision and preparation for our upcoming trip to Uganda as well if that is the Lord’s will for me to go.
For me personally:
- My family is going through a very difficult season right now
- Recently dealing with the death of someone close to our family
- My dad’s health is not doing great at the moment:
- He needs a spinal fusion soon (within a month)
- That everything would get taken care of to be cleared in all of his pre-ops
- For my family to have the Lord’s grace, mercy, comfort, peace and strength to endure in this time
For those who feel led to give toward any of the missions trips coming up, you can click the giving button below.
Thank you all so much for your prayers and support, In Christ,