“…The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Matthew 8:37-38
Dear Friends and Family,
As most of you know summertime is a very busy time for us in Uganda. Summer is when most churches plan their missions trips so it is also when we plan opportunities for them to be able to serve here with our ministry and with Far Reaching Ministries. Between the beginning of June – August we had about 60 people come through the guest house. It is such a blessing for us personally to be a part of their excitement and wonder of all the new things they are experiencing in Africa that now seem commonplace to us. It is also a blessing for Arise Christian Fellowship to see the heart of missions as they meet and hear the testimonies of the visitors.
As the visitors were coming through we were sending them in groups to both Masindi and South Sudan. In Masindi, they were participating in Far Reaching’s Love Covers outreach. During this outreach they minister to an entire school through VBS as well as providing all the children with backpacks of necessary items for school. After 3 days of children’s activities, the outreach ends with a parents meeting where the parents are presented with the gospel and are able to share a meal with the children, teachers and missionaries.
The visitors that went to South Sudan were teaching a refresher course for the chaplains and helping to interview them and record their testimonies. Some of the visitors were also helping to prepare for and be a part of Calvary Chapel Cush/Nimule’s church dedication.
“The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few… Mathew 9:37-38”, This is the scripture that always comes to mind every time I visit Nimule in South Sudan. This was not just any visit, this was a special ceremony we had been invited to. Calvary Chapel Cush/Nimule was dedicating their new church building and I was invited to lead worship with my worship team. The worship team and I got to reunite with our two friends, Arise Christian Fellowship missionaries who are now serving in South Sudan, Ivan and Timothy. It was a joyful reunion! We also got to rehearse with the worship team from Calvary Chapel Nimule, and I must say our friends Ivan and Timo are really doing a great job training these guys! We were rather impressed with how much they had grown musically.
The FRM compound was overflowing with guests from all around the world, literally! We had visitors from Kenya, Uganda, USA and Russia! Fellowship with these brothers and sisters in the Lord was such a precious time. Yes, we were there to minister but it was a breath of fresh air to just sit back and listen to other believers share, talk and laugh and just have a great time.
The actual service for the church dedication started Sunday at around 9 am and did not end until 2:30pm. We began with praise and worship, which my worship team and I were so privileged to lead with help from the CC Cush/ Nimule worship team who sang back up. We started off with a celebratory song; Jabulani Africa which means rejoice Africa, which we replaced with Jabulani South Sudan. It was a glorious moment, the Lord’s presence was definitely in that place! It was a blessing to look out at the congregation filled with people from various nations, all lifting up their hands to praise and worship the Lord. It was like a picture of what heaven will be like, all of us worshiping the Lord with one voice. We then had a message from Pastor Don McClure, after which he officially dedicated the new church building to the Lord. Then began the speeches! We had speech after speech after speech from different people who have been a huge part of the chaplain ministry for a long time! I am forever grateful to the Lord for all the ministry opportunities He gives us, we could not do this without Him.”
Thank you for praying for our family and for the Ministry in Uganda.
- Please pray for the Kanyike family–Jill’s mom went to be with the Lord several days ago. By God’s grace and just before her mom’s passing, Jill, Brian and the kids were able to have an extended visit for the first time in years.
- Praise God that the Kanyike family are finally able to travel as a family to the States for furlough and Jill’s medical treatment.
- Please pray for provision for tickets to travel and for medical.
- Praise the Lord for all that is being done to reach the people of South Sudan.
- Pray for those who come and minister in Sudan and Uganda for safety, health and fruitful ministry.
- Pray for all the teachings that took place this month. Pray that they will go beyond peoples ears to their hearts and lives.
- Pray for all the ministries of Arise Christian Fellowship as well as the other ministries we partner with.
- Pray for Jill and the children as they continue in homeschooling.
- Pray for Brian as pastors and leads our ministry team at Arise Christian Fellowship.
- Please prayerfully consider becoming part of the Kanyike Family support team.