WEEK 2: CSOM
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the HolySpirit and fire.” Matt. 3:11
Every so often, the Lord places a word on my heart. This week as I walked with the students through teachings, readings, prayer time, and outreaches, it was “Consistency” that God spoke to my heart. My sacrifices don’t compare to the sacrifice made by Jesus which saved my soul and promises me eternity in Heaven regardless of anything I do for Him. Yet, I am compelled to rise early and lead by example a disciplined life led by the Holy Spirit. Most days that means 5 am alarms. If early mornings are easy for you that’s a gift. For me it’s more about being consistent and disciplined. Personal devotion time comes next with a “grande” warm cup of slightly sweetened coffee. This is a perfect example of how I want to lead. A whole lot of Jesus and a sweet spirit. Those who know me know that this is a work only God can do.
I’ve had the privilege of getting to know these amazing students. They’re gifted and grounded in God’s word. CSOM provides us with opportunities to serve with one another and live in community which is a big part of missions. We encourage the students to prepare for living communally. I shared a morning devotion on “Consistency.” God spoke to me about how Abraham lived with a constant awareness that God was with him. For you and me today, God is with us! He is for us! As our team reaches out to communities with Bible teachings, Kids activities, and COVID relief, I sense a force, the Holy Spirit, behind us and around us, gently propelling us to move forward. King David speaks of the blessing of consistency in 1 Chron. 28:7 We’re weak individuals at times, we can start out well, but the challenge is to end well. Pray for us that our leaders and students would remain faithful to what God has called us to here in Mexico.
- Outreaches are providing an opportunity for the gospel to go out, needs to be met, and prayers to comfort those living in some of the most materially poor communities here in Mexico (Baja,CA)
- Students and Leaders are unified
- Speakers are able to travel here to teach
- For our team to be equipped with supplies for more COVID relief
- The students to gain a vision for their calling
- For Sienna to stay focused and continue to be a blessing
- For the Connection House to complete building projects and their upcoming mission trip to be fruitful.
- For my family, my sons, to walk with Jesus and connect with our family
Thank you for taking time to read all God is doing in my life and ministry to CSOM. For praying for me and my family. God has so…much more for me, for you, as we follow Him and are led by the Holy Spirit. The Financial partner link below allows you to financially partner with me. I am currently saving for mission trips. Where? Well, wherever God calls me. My heart says South Sudan and to the Ends of the Earth! God says just follow me.