“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12
Dear Friends and Family,
This month we really have seen a testimony to the truth that, “He is working all things together for good….” A couple months ago we asked for prayer for a young man in our church called, Light. Light had been on his way home when he was hit and ran over by a truck.
By the time Brian and our assistant pastor, Deo, got to the hospital it appeared as if Light would not make it. He was in a coma with severe wounds all over his body and one ear almost completely gone. That night Brian and Deo were able to comfort the family and one of Light’s brothers (who was almost going mad with grief) gave his life to Christ. He realized that without Christ there was no hope and no one to turn to on Light’s behalf. We continued praying for Light and miraculously he woke up and began to recover. This past month he came to church to testify of all God had done. It was really quite the celebration.
God used what seemed like horrible circumstances to bring many to Himself.
But even more then Light’s healing we celebrate in the way God used what seemed like horrible circumstances to bring many to Himself. On the day Light testified at church there was a lady with him whom we had never met. She was one of Light’s caretakers when he was in the hospital and was so moved by the people coming and praying for him and then by his complete recovery that she also wanted to give her life to Christ. She accepted Christ that very Sunday morning following Light’s testimony.
Another praise report and continued prayer request is for the muslim family of a young lady in my Bible study. Hajet came to our women’s Christmas party and since then she has continued to come with her sister in law, Peace, to Bible study. She has not participated in the discussions but she sits and listens to the message and allows us to pray for her.
Recently her husband called Brian to ask for some counseling. They have not expressed any direct interest in salvation yet but the fact that they first of all accepted Peace being a Christian after many years of not accepting her and now are even talking with and associating with Christians in a Bible study setting gives us hope. It encourages us to pray even more fervently and to ask all of you to be praying as well. The women’s Bible study has actually just began a new study. We are studying through the book of Daniel. We have many new women and the house is overflowing. Pray for all the ladies to learn and apply what we are learning about integrity and prophecy in this study.
- Praise the Lord for healing Light and for using his suffering and testimony to bring others to you.
- Pray for Hajet and her family. Pray that they would continue to be open to hearing the gospel and would come to know Jesus personally.
- Pray for all the ministries of Arise Christian Fellowship as well as the other ministries we partner with.
- Pray that we would get all the official documents from the Lawyers so we can come home for furlough. It is looking more difficult then expected as well as more expensive. Pray for the finances for everything involved.
- Pray for Jill and the children as they continue in homeschooling. Pray especially for math.
- Pray for health and safety for the Kanyikes.
- Pray for Brian as pastors and leads our ministry team at Arise Christian Fellowship. Pray for all the ministries and leaders.
- Please prayerfully consider becoming part of the Kanyike Family support team.