In a year riddled with cancellations, sickness, shutdowns and discouragements, we still have reason to rejoice because God has not changed and is still on the throne! This past week, we had the opportunity to reflect back over the year and praise God for how He met us in our times of fear and uncertainty and how He turned that into trust and faith over and over again.
“Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You. When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” Psalm 61:1-2
WELCOMING AND PREPARING
This fall, we had the privilege to welcome Jorden S and Jordon V who graduated from the Calvary School of Missions back to their / our home church in Santa Rosa. We have had the honor of teaching at the school the past two years. Each of them is praying and preparing for what God has for them next and it is exciting for us to help further guide, direct, pray with and prepare them for when the Lord will launch them out to the nations. Jorden S is preparing for the Middle East as our mission’s organization is praying about starting a Bible College there and we are excited to see how and when the Lord brings that about. These young men and several more are meeting with Bond on a weekly basis and serving in various ministries in the church as part of the preparation before being launched out, Lord willing in 2021. Each of them have been a huge blessing to us as we minister together to a growing group of Young Adults that gathers each week.
LOCKDOWN LIFTS FOR LEPER COLONY
As some of you may know, the Leper Colony in Nepal has been through several lockdowns during this pandemic as sadly they have experienced covid cases causing the colony to be completely sealed off from outsiders. We are pleased to report that just in time for Christmas, our team was granted permission and food relief and the hope of the Gospel was able to reach the leper colony once again. We have done a Christmas outreach for the past several years and they had given up hope that anyone was coming. We praise God that He made a way to love and minister to these precious people that are dear to our hearts!
CHRISTMAS OUTREACH & YEAR END RELIEF
We have coordinated with all of the national pastors and sorted through budgets, prayed over needs, changed plans to reach people in the midst of covid. We are thrilled that funds for bibles, blankets, food and warm winter clothing has been and will be sent around the globe in the coming weeks to our ministry partners and dear friends on the front lines who are ministering the Gospel to their own people in their villages, towns, cities and countries. Continue to pray as the Gospel goes forth and year end relief efforts are put in place to meet the needs as this crisis continues.
- Spending the first half of the year in S. Asia, taking two intern girls with us and seeing the ministry growth in the mountains where we first began 10 years ago
- Graduating 5 men in S. Asia at the end of the Spring Semester
- Protection during our motorcycle accident in S. Asia this spring and healing for Heather’s knee after the accident
- Watching students step up and start bible studies in their villages in unreached areas
- Meeting with national pastors and ministry workers world-wide via zoom for times of prayer, teaching and encouragement
- God’s rescue plan and evacuation flight in the midst of the pandemic for our family
- Teaching at Calvary School of Missions and helping to prepare future missionaries
- Warm welcome and smooth transition to Nor. Cal this summer. God blessed us with an amazing church, home, school for Breanna and the best family and friends.
- Continued ministry opportunities with SGWM to reach the lost, hopeless, lonely and unreached in Asia and Africa.
- Provision, protection and strength for our family and the 28 national pastors / ministry workers and 33+ church plants in the 10/40 window that are going forth, pressing on and taking great risks to minister the Gospel during this unprecedented year.
Thank you for your prayers and financial support that have allowed us to continue reaching the unreached and planting churches. It is truly a shared victory as we rejoice together with you in ALL God has done during this trying year!
Bond, Heather and Breanna