“He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” John 7:38 NKJV
Since the visit of the prayer team from Japan the end of August, we have experienced greater spiritual protection. September, could have been a very difficult month because of the attacks that came, but through prayer, the fiery darts continue to be deflected. For example, Benjamin was sick twice this month for around 10 days each time. The first time, around Sept. 8 he spiked a fever of 104.5 F. It was evening and we were in Kampong Chhnang so it was just too late to safely drive the hour and a half to the hospital. All we could do was pray and ask for prayer. By the next morning his fever dropped to 101 and he recovered from there. Kayo and Darryl had food poisoning as well. But, these illnesses did not become nearly as severe as they have in the past, so there was minimal disruption to our lives. At the beginning of October, we are actually more refreshed than before the trials.
Reasons for Faith Book Update
As of September 30, Darryl and Doug finished collecting feedback from their editors. In October, they will make final adjustments and revisions to the manuscript. Lord willing, Darryl will be able to start sending the first chapters to Fount of Wisdom’s translator by the end of October. This book started as an idea in 2009 and, Lord willing, in 2012 it will be published.
- Please pray for special wisdom in making the final edits to this manuscript.
- Please pray for the translators and translation process.
Trinity Institute of Cambodia Update
The first of many steps toward developing a Christian university in Cambodia took place in September. Darryl’s work during the month was to write the MOU to make TIC an official subsidiary of Tabitha Services, a Cambodia based organization. He also began researching accreditation standards and started writing the constitution and other administrative work.
The decisions that are made during this stage are very important to the future of the Christian university. The challenge is to achieve high quality education without compromising the Christian values. For example, Harvard University was started by Rev. John Harvard, “to advance learning, and perpetuate it in prosperity; dreading to leave an illiterate ministry, when our present ministers shall lie in the dust (What If Jesus Had Never Been Born, 53).” Sadly Harvard, Princeton, and many other “ivy league” universities have abandoned and rejected their Christian heritage.
Providentially, Trinity Institute of Cambodia is starting just as Cambodia is emerging from the shadow of war and destruction. We have an opportunity to raise up a new generation of Cambodians who will be prepared lead their churches and transform their nation
- Please pray for wisdom for the board and administrators of TIC as we set the course and lay firm foundations.
- Pray for wisdom and provision for the finances necessary to start this university.
Anchors For Faith Radio Program Update
Darryl has written 10 scripts for the Truth segment of the Anchors for Faith: Truth, Relationships, and Experience radio program. The staff at FEBC family FM 99.5 so far have been able to produce 8 programs. We are thankful for the progress and we are looking forward to the time when we will have enough programs recorded to begin broadcasting on the radio station and distributing recordings to places where the signal does not yet reach.
Darryl will be meeting with the FEBC staff on October 13 to discuss the future plans for the radio program.
- Please pray for continued wisdom and guidance for all those involved in the production of this radio program.
- Please pray for financial provision for FEBC 99.5 FM so that they can resume 7 day a week broadcasting, they recently have had to go off the air on Saturdays.
Toul Ksaich Church Update
The local church in Kampong Chhnang seems to be going through a time of deepening their relationship with Christ. It seems that after a season of storms and refining that the overall health of the churches in the area are also improving.
Darryl will continue to speak there monthly until December, when we move to Phnom Penh, and may return periodically to preach in the future. Now that he has completed his apologetics series to help the church understand that God’s Word is true, he is moving on into encouraging the church to learn the “whole counsel of God.” In August, the Japan Prayer Team gave the pastor a Bible Handbook and Commentary Set in Khmer language. In October Darryl wants to give the church members a one-year bible reading plan and will continue to encourage the church to move more toward a more systematic pattern of bible teaching instead of random topical sermons.
- Please pray that this church will become a church that is truly well- grounded in the Word.
- Please pray for protection and discernment for the Pastor and other leaders so that they will not look at situations from the outward appearance, but truly see the heart conditions of the people in the church and to have the courage to apply the Word.
International Fishers: Christian Evidence Ministry Update
We’ve closed down our website www.wwnet.org and transferred most of the apologetics articles to www.sgwm.com/record/if. In the future, Darryl will post new articles here. This is more efficient than trying to maintain two websites.
We have agreed to rent a house for five years in Phnom Penh starting on December 6. We are blessed that the house is owned by a Singaporean Christian family, is in a great location, is very clean, and is in a safe neighborhood. In addition to being a safe haven where we can work and live, we will also have enough extra room to host our missionary-friends who work in the countryside but must come to Phnom Penh. If/when short term teams come to visit us, we will also be better prepared to host them.
- Please pray for our continued physical health and protection.
- Please pray that we will be able to “finish strong,” in Kampong Chhnang.
- Please pray for special wisdom and provision as we prepare our 2012 budget to meet expanding ministry and family needs (Benjamin’s education etc.).
- Please pray for healing for Darryl’s mother.