“O Yahweh, You have searched me and known me… you comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.” Psalm 139:1, 3
It has been such a full summer in Yorba Linda! Back in July, we sent off Calvary School of Missions (CSOM) 2021 to Mexico! A fresh round of 12 students went to get trained up in Biblical missions in the classroom as well as on the ground. They came back halfway through August and Jesus did and spoke so much while they were away. Many of them are returning to continue in the Saving Grace World Missions (SGWM) internship program, like myself! Our intern team is growing and growing! I am so so excited to be a part of a team of like-minded brothers and sisters who just want to learn how to follow Jesus with everything that we have and everything that we are.
Our internship program will officially begin on September 15th! We will resume our Bible teaching class with fresh curriculum, and continue to learn all things church-planting! So far, I have had the pleasure of serving in the church on the worship team and in youth ministry. We have also had an awesome Korean BBQ women’s event! The Lord has been teaching me so much through humbling situations in ministry and I have had many opportunities to serve my brothers and sisters in the body! I am so grateful!
Yahweh provided me a job! Not just any job, but a job that I have absolutely fallen in love with! I am working for the Yorba Linda Parks and Recreation department at the local Cultural Arts Center. I help set up classrooms for art classes and dance lessons, and on occasion I have the chance to help with the kids’ art classes! I love my coworkers, and am so eager to get to know them better and to show them the love of King Jesus.
As I have been walking through the things I mentioned above, I have been meditating upon the end of Galatians 2:20… The Son of God loved me, and gave Himself for me. This truth is the chief pillar of my life and identity. That kind of love is almost unimaginable, but the most practical thing is to fall into it and love Him in return. This quote from Pedro Arrupe has been resonating with me in connection to this verse:
“Nothing is more practical than finding God, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, whom you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything.”Pedro Arrupe
My aim is to fall in love with Jesus and remain in His love, so that His self-sacrificing, grave-conquering love decides every single thing for my life: where I live, whom I know, what I spend my time and money on, what I dream for, what I fight for. I want Jesus’s steadfast love to decide everything.
With that said, I am ready to begin the new internship season with discipline and hope. I do not know where Yahweh will send me in the world to bring the Good News, but I plan to put my hand to the plough, and, by His grace, not look back. I plan to seek Him and serve Him diligently in this season until He moves me.
Thank you so much for your generous support in prayers, encouragements, and finances. I am so amazed that Yahweh would place me in such a position as this, to learn from people with much experience and passion for missions in the Unreached areas of the world, and I owe you all a great deal of gratitude for the part that you have played in that process.
Please Join Me in Praising Yahweh:
- He loved us and gave His Son for us. Through Jesus, we can know the One who made us and truly live in the midst of a dark and dying world.
- Two of my coworkers follow Jesus! It is such a joy to fellowship with them while we work together.
- The Lord has blessed me so immensely with the brothers and sisters he has surrounded me with. Thank Yahweh for the body of Christ and the gift that teachers are to the body.
Please join me in prayer for the following requests:
- Some of our interns are still looking for living arrangements in Yorba Linda. We trust Yahweh will provide, please pray for wisdom and a good fit for each of them.
- Many of my coworkers do not know Jesus. Please ask Yahweh for opportunities and boldness to share the good news that Jesus is alive with them!
- Please, please lift up Afghanistan. It has been so heavy on my heart as the nation has collapsed to Taliban rule. Our brothers and sisters in Christ who live there are facing horrendous conditions at the moment. May the Lord fill them with joy and peace in knowing that their present afflictions are not worth comparing to the inheritance Yahweh has prepared for them. I rejoice knowing that Jesus made a way for them to come out the other side of death victorious and more alive than ever. Not only this, but their persecution and perseverance will be a great witness to the power of Christ to those around them. May many come to repentance.
Thank you again for reading this newsletter. Please do not hesitate to reach out with prayer requests! I would love to hear from you and catch up!
In the love of Jesus,