We have been so blessed and are enjoying being a part of what God is doing here in Tijuana. The roads are being paved and the giant hill that leads up to our church is one of the hills being paved. We are so thankful for this, as it will be much easier to get in and out with the rainy season coming.
The Lord is continuing to bless the children’s ministry here at Calvary Chapel Pedregales. We are growing! The parents of the kids are coming, little by little and this is an answer to prayer. I praise God for the faithfulness of the teachers here and the special bond that they have with the children. Our prayer is that more will come, and we have faith that God will answer, all in His time. I am holding teacher training seminars at both Calvary Chapel Pedregales and Tijuana once a month, and these are going very well. I’ve been asked to do a teacher training in November at Calvary Fellowship in Guadalajara. I am praying for transportation funds.
I am home schooling Pastor Chris’ daughters, Rosemary and Christina, and that keeps us busy! The girls are “hechando ganas”, (doing well) and I am learning right along with them! (Their school material is fantastic)!
The men’s discipleship home in beautiful “Valle de Guadalupe” in Ensenada is flourishing. There are currently 20 men under the direction of James Arista and the Holy Spirit. They are growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The funds to run the center have been cut, but the Lord is providing each and every day and so we are delighted and pray for this home daily.
• For the safety of the people here in Tijuana, especially the children. There is much violence at this time, with the capture of the last of the Arellano-Felix brothers, a notorious drug cartel leader, his followers have started kidnapping children from schools, or opening fire in the schools and the kids are frightened.
• For the new women’s Bible study that will start here this month, and for a men’s Bible Study to begin soon. We are asking for the Lord’s wisdom and guidance in seeking more unity, love, and stronger fellowship among the brethren.
• For the evangelism group that has started up here. We are going out on Fridays and Saturdays around the colony here. We need God’s mighty hand to move in the hearts of the people, and we are seeing it already! We want Jesus to be known throughout these hills and are asking Him to use us for His glory!
• For the teacher’s conference in Guadalajara this month, for traveling funds needed.
• Funds for my health insurance that will end in January. Also, for my health as I am still having intestinal problems, (since June). I have an appt. with a gastrointestinal doctor soon. Pray that it will be nothing serious.
“And you who seek God, your hearts shall live. For the Lord hears the poor…Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and everything that moves in them.” Psalm 69:32