Three Years in Pécs
This month marks three years in Pécs! I’m amazed as I think back over these years and reflect on the things that God has done and His faithfulness proven true time and time again. I continue to thank God for our church, Golgota Pécs, and co-workers in the gospel, who set their hearts to seek the Lord, humble themselves for the sake of knowing Him and honoring Him, and seek to walk in love to be the hands and feet of Jesus to those around them. I see women seeking to grow in relationship with God, as well as stepping out to love their neighbor and be a willing instrument in God’s hands. I see young men going against the grain of culture to pursue the Lord and walk in integrity. I see God pursuing hearts of those who do not yet know Him and revealing Himself to those who are hungry for truth.
It’s a privilege and a joy to witness firsthand and be a part of God’s story in Pécs and I cannot say enough how thankful I am for you who have joined in that work through prayer or encouragement or generous giving. Thank you for being a fellow worker in Christ, for partnering in the gospel to see God’s transformative work in lives in Hungary.
And as Paul prayed for the Philippians, this is my prayer as I think of you: “That your love may about more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God” (Phil. 1:9-11).
- Thank God for his provision of a new flat. Many things about the new place have been a sweet gift and I am thankful. My prayer is that, like my previous apartment home, it will be a place for real, authentic conversations, love, and encouragement for all who enter its doors.
- Pray for wisdom and vision for our church leadership for these summer months.
- Monday night young women’s bible study. Prayer for wisdom and vision on how to lead the group going forward. Pray for each of the women that they would grow deeper rooted in Christ.
- Continue praying for the growth of Gita. Pray that we can start meeting regularly again, as the last two months she was unable to meet.
- Continue praying for understanding and retention with language learning and for opportunities and courage to use it often throughout the summer.
- Continue praying for full healing from mold toxins and gut infections
Opportunity to Connect
I recently arrived in the states to be here for my sister Kandra’s wedding. For those of you in the Vancouver, WA area, I will be in town from June 8-18th and would love to connect with you! I plan to visit Glenwood Community Church on June 13th and would love to see you there, or if you have time to schedule a meeting, send me an email and we can schedule a time, as it would be great to connect that way as well! And if you are not in the Vancouver/Portland area, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you would like to schedule a time to connect via video chat!
Much love in Christ,