For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.
2 Corinthians 5 :14-15
The word, compel means to urge, drive force, to impel us to live for Jesus. Motivation is not necessarily missions or obligation, it is God’s heart, it is His own will, and it’s Jesus and His love. He showed His love to us in that He died for us so we would stop living for selfish ambitions. It’s the love of Jesus that took the curse, suffered the penalty for our sins and was forsaken for us. His love for us is reason enough to serve Him.
Live for Christ in Light of Eternity
We were so excited to join Bond and Heather in Lake Tahoe for CC the Rock’s Compelled Young Adults winter retreat. It was our family’s first plane ride with Lily and she did amazing. It was also her first time in the snow; thankfully she is part polar bear and was cozy the whole time!
Over all, it was an amazing trip to spend time with friends and to stir up the college generation for Christ. It was a blessing to teach the retreat and share with the group our testimony of serving the Lord since the age of 17. God really spoke to us through 2 Corinthians 5, being compelled by the love of Christ which He demonstrated toward us on the cross so that we may live with an eternal perspective, being God’s ambassadors to this lost world. The group was challenged to let go of living for themselves and begin to live for Christ, who died and rose for us.
Sowing the Word
The first semester of the new Bible College in South Asia is already underway and about to finished their first month! We as a staff have been teaching them through the books of Romans, Acts, 1&2 Samuel, Genesis, Luke, and 1&2 Corinthians. Aaron has been calling and teaching twice a week for Romans class via Zoom. We recently had a special evening where we had our Care Team, who has been faithfully praying and encouraging us for years, gather together with us and Zoom call in to talk and hear the testimony of each student at the college. One student shared about how he is disowned by his father for following Christ, and how many of them came to Bible College without the support of their families. There is a real cost to follow Jesus and to go into ministry in this area of the world. It was an amazing night to connect the American church with who they have been praying for and the ministry that is being done in South Asia.
Aaron, Jena & Lily Garcia
- The Lord has provided opportunities to share the gospel and be involved in ministry here in the States.
- God has kept our family healthy from the flu and even Covid — thank you to everyone who has been mindful around Lily!
- Two of the Bible Colleges in S.Asia have started their new semesters and the students are eager to learn God’s Word!
- Please pray as much of Asia is still being put under strict Covid restrictions and lockdowns.
- That the Lord would give opportunities to share the gospel with those that are wanting to receive Him.
- For the students to be safe and healthy during their new semester in each Bible College in S.Asia.
- The needs of the ministry and raising support for our national pastors / ministry workers.
- Continued good health and safety for our family.