But at it is written, “They who had no news of Him shall see, and they who have not heard shall understand.” Romans 15:21 NASB
Apologetics Class At Cambodia Presbyterian Theological Institute:
A testimonial note from Mr. Pov Piseth, Darryl’s former M.Div. student at CPTI.
It was such a great opportunity for me to take an Apologetics class with Professor Darryl Record. Through his outstanding guidance in the class, I gained a lot of better understandings and clear pictures about the real meaning of Apologetics. His lecture notes are very well organized . Even when the contents of the lesson are complicated, he tries his best to simplify it in order to make sure that every student is able to understand fully…. I highly recommend Professor Darryl Record. He is the best professor for me. He is also my great counselor when I have something difficult to deal with. He always comforts me and advises me to respect the Lord and trust in Him more.
- Darryl continues teaching an Apologetics class at Cambodia Presbyterian Theological Institute until June 13.
- Kayo continues to volunteer with Precious Women ministry. This ministry helps to evangelize and retrain poor women who are at risk of being forced into the sex industry.
- Darryl continues teaching English and verse by verse Bible studies for the Chinese Ministry at the international church each Sunday morning. He is also tutoring/evangelizing two Chinese people on weekdays.
- Kayo continues to coordinate and develop the leadership team of the 40-member worship team at the international church while the worship leader is on sabbatical.
- Darryl has re-joined the board of directors at Kone Kmeng children’s ministry. Kone Kmeng partners with hundreds of rural/border churches to evangelize, educate, and protect (more than 30,000) poor children from child abuse and human trafficking. Please pray for Kone Kmeng’s finances because their largest donor, a well-known mega-church in the USA, has recently gone through major leadership changes. This has led to misunderstandings with the new staff members who have temporarily (for 2019) suspended their funding.
- Darryl is now partnering with “Abel” a tentmaker missionary from Pakistan (and many others) to contextualize (to Buddhist and atheist world-views), update (by seamlessly integrating apologetics concepts), and translate (into English, Cambodian, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Urdu) and distribute a Bible correspondence curriculum which have been very effective at evangelizing and discipling many Pakistanis since the 1960s despite persecution. The curriculum was sent by mail in Pakistan in the past. Now “Abel” has the vision of distributing this updated material through apps etc. to more than 100,000 people by 2030!
Financial and US Visit Update:
- We will be in the Los Angeles (La Habra, Chino Hills, La Mirada, and Whittier) areas between June 20 and August 6. We would like to reconnect with as many of our friends as possible during this time. Please e-mail email@example.com if you are available to get together informally during that time. We are also looking for help with transportation during that time as well (borrowing a vehicle, rides, sponsor some Uber/Lyft rides etc.).
- We still need to replace around $950 monthly due to Kayo’s parents’ retirement and one of our largest donor’s financial problems. We praise God that around $150 monthly has already been promised from the USA and Japan! We also praise God that through large one-time donations our housing and utilities ($500 monthly) has been covered through the end of 2019! These funds will still need to be replaced with smaller monthly donations from many individuals after that. This still leaves a $450 monthly shortage for Benjamin’s tuition starting in September.
- Given the promising opportunities for ministries in Cambodia, we believe that God wants us to stay in Cambodia over the long-term. Please pray for our needs and about your (and other’s) role(s) as Great Commission Business Partners (Senders) whether financially, practically, through encouragement, and/or intense prayer.
In Christ’s Hands,
Darryl, Kayo, and Benjamin
Phnom Penh, Cambodia