I’m writing to update the blog on LET’SGO! missions and to raise more monthly support. As you know, LET’SGO stands for Local Evangelism Training & Strategic Global Outreach. Here’s what’s we are doing and how you can help.
- Riga, Latvia – February 4-14, 2017 (Local Evangelism Training) Praise God for a fruitful trip to Latvia in February. I was blessed to revisit those who I discipled and see how God is using them up as fruitful laborers in the harvest. I also met several new believers and pastors who are like-minded and not ashamed of the gospel. I led 2 outreaches during my 10 day trip, gave out lots of tracts, had dozens of good conversations and got to pray with a few individuals whose hearts were opening to Jesus. The main reason I went was to participate in a missions conference and lead a workshop called “Preparation for Local and Global Evangelism” in which I poured into about 20 believers, sharing how God prepares us emotionally, mentally, spiritually and practically to intentionally and effectively proclaim the gospel for salvation to more people. Thank you to those who supported this strategic trip to Latvia! God exceeded my expectations.
- UGANDA MISSION TRIP – JULY 2017. (Strategic Global Outreach) I am excited to share that 4 of the Latvians who attended the missions conference in February are now preparing to go on a mission trip to Uganda in July to serve and share the gospel. They need to raise 2,000 Euro each for the trip and will be serving alongside a long-term missionary. Here’s the video of them sharing about the vision for this trip: https://youtu.be/vIbHeSKPEiA Sorry, it’s not translated from Latvian to English but at least you can see the team, where they are going, and pray for them and their outreach. Paldies! (Thanks!) I’m not able to join them, but I would like to invest 20% of all the donations I receive in the next 3 months to support Martin Zeltin for his outreaches in Latvia and Uganda. Martin is a faithful brother who I had the privilege of leading to Jesus on May 9, 2009 and discipling over the years. Martin now leads a ministry called “Cilvēku Zvejnieki” (Fishers of Men). If you’d like to give directly to any Uganda team member, you can get their info at www.ej.uz/misijauganda.
- PACIFIC GROVE – APRIL 2017. Members of Lighthouse Fellowship participated in a local festival that draws 50,000 people called Good Old Days. Like last year, our church gave out free watermelon, chocolate pie and gospel tracts. I led the evangelism team and was blessed to see God use us to shine the love and light of Jesus over the 2 days out on the street. Three teenage boys prayed to receive Jesus after hearing the gospel from Nick. I’m looking forward to having Nick and his wife Joanna go with me on future outreaches and to encourage them as I see God has called them to be missionaries. Please pray for their discipleship and vision for where God would have them prepare to go.
- MONTEREY BAY – MAY 2017 – This month, I’m leading my family to different churches for the purposes of broadening our vision of what God is doing in our area and to see how we may expand LET’S GO! We’ve visited Calvary Monterey, Refuge Salinas, West Hills Church in Morgan Hill and we are praying about visiting Calvary affiliates in the counties of Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Santa Clara. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. We are willing to go where he leads us and we want to keep growing in His word and in our faith.
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT – Where God guides, God provides. We received sufficient one-time gifts for my trip to Latvia in February and outreach in Pacific Grove in April. Monthly gifts are coming in from 1 person and 1 church at $150 total. My desire is to raise $1000 per month so that I can commit to a weekly local outreach, broadcast gospel-centered media online (podcast and videos) and save up for future mission trips, My vision is for both evangelism and discipleship, for local and global missions. I am continuing to work odd jobs to provide for my family, but my hearts desire is to spend less time driving for Uber, servicing restaurant fire systems and working as an Audio Visual technician, and spend more time proclaiming Jesus to the world. If you would like to support me and the work of spreading the gospel, please consider becoming a financial partner through monthly giving.
Thank you for reading, praying and giving. May God be glorified, disciples equipped and people saved through hearing the everlasting gospel of Jesus!