D.K. – S. Asia
Thank you for praying for us!
D. and L. – Blog
R.M. (1) – South Asia
2. For me that I may be used by the Lord more.
3. For the believers in the villages that they may stand firm for the Lord.
4. Pray for the pastors with whom I have been working as they are discipling and strengthening the believers.
Thank you for your prayers!
God bless you,
R.M. – Blog
P.M and V.M. – South Asia
2. Please pray for the fruitful ministry.
3. Please pray for God’s wisdom and guidance in the ministry.
4. Please pray for God’s provision for the Pastor’s Training School. We are in need of our own land and building.
5. Please pray for the students, that they would be equipped for the ministry of the gospel.
6. Please pray that the Lord would open the hearts of the people who are hostile to the gospel message.
7. Please pray for our need of a new motor cycle. We have an old one which requires so much maintenance .
8. We need to get a laptop for Aroma for her studies.
Co-workers in Christ,
P and V – Email
Gaona Family – South Asia
1. Pray for the completion of the construction on the campus in S. Asia. We are nearing completion with some buildings, while others are waiting for power to be hooked up. We are managing with what is complete, but appreciate prayer that there would no longer be delays and all would be completed in order to function at full capacity.
2. Pray for the students at the new bible college in S. Asia that as they receive the Word of God they would be transformed. Pray for the students to adjust quickly to the new location and climate since some have traveled far from home.
3. Pray for Bond and the other teachers as they teach that they would have wisdom and be filled with the holy spirit.
4. Pray for Heather as she is undergoing a 30 day topical chemo treatment on her face to prevent future skin cancer. She has blisters and it is painful. Please pray that the side effects would be less and that she would heal quickly as it takes another month for all to heal.
P.K. – South Asia
2. Please also pray for God’s wisdom in my life in showing me the best ways to have opportunities to share the Gospel in more villages.
Thanks for all of your prayers!
God bless you!
Pastor P.K. – Blog
Pastor R.K. – South Asia
2. Please pray for me while I am going through health teaching. Please pray that God will open my mind to learn many things so that I can use these things in the village.
3. Also, please pray for my family and my ministry in South Asia.
Thank you so much!
God bless you!
Pastor R.K. – Blog
Nadeem and Farah Massey – Pakistan
1. I have received many emails and messages from people who come to Calvary Chapel Asia Conference in Thailand. Many friends are excited to meet and learn more about Calvary Chapel Pakistan and have fellowship. We wish to go to attend Calvary Chapel Asia Conference in September this year. Please pray for financial need to be covered for traveling and accommodation there.
2. As you’ve seen in our update how the second group of our congregation gets together for services under the open sky in all seasons. Please pray for the support of iron sheets’ shelter and basic needs like chairs, pulpit and carpet for our newly planted church. In order to learn more about this need please read this report: http://sgwm.com/massey/2018/01/03/new-beginning/
3. Please pray for Christians in Pakistan as discrimination and and persecution against them is on rise. Pray for the protection of Christians and peace in our country.
4.Please pray for the provision of financial support to get my Urdu Book on Christian Apologetics printed, the printing cost per copy is $2.25, and we need 1000 copies printed.
Thank You very much, we love you and pray for you!
S.K. -South Asia
2. For my family members, that they may fully come to Christ.
3. For those whom I have shared the gospel with, that the Lord may work in their hearts and for my church to grow.
4. For my mother, that she may get well because she is not doing well physically.
5. For the young men in my fellowship who are having their school final exams.
Thank you for faithfully praying for us
God bless you,
Pastor S.K. – Blog
Darryl and Kayo Record – Cambodia
2. Please pray for Darryl’s Apologetic’s class at a local Bible School. One of Darryl’s students is a local government official who has planted 4 churches. Please pray for him and the other students to be well equipped to evangelize and defend their faith.
3. Please pray for Darryl’s work with Light Times Magazine. The office has moved to a safer location after an attempted burglary last month. The Internet in the new place isn’t reliable so the work is slower than before.
4. Please pray for Kayo’s work with Precious Women Ministry. Pray that God will use her to bless the staff and women there.
5. Please pray for our upcoming trip to visit our senders in Japan this summer.
Thanks for your faithful prayers.
The B Family – South Asia
-Praise the Lord! Thank you for praying for our family last month, we have so many answers to prayer. Mom and baby are finally settled in the main city to await the birth of our second child. Although mom and dad are separated for the coming month, it has been a great transition to settle into a more western place where mom can speak English with locals and build friendships with many other mommies-to-be. Praise the Lord for financial provisions to pay for the birth as well as the temporary housing and moving costs this last month!
1. Please pray for mom/dad aka husband/wife as we are separated off and on for the month of April. Also for our son as he has a hard time when dad is back and forth.
2. Please keep our health in prayer. Dad has ongoing headaches and a low immune system, pray for wisdom to take care of himself as he cares for everything and everyone else. Pray for mom as she goes through third-trimester difficulties while caring for a toddler. Pray especially for sleep as it has been difficult for the last few months and it is affecting mom’s health. Pray for our son as he has been having reoccurring fevers and intense teething (5 teeth at once recently, including 2 molars). Pray also for his safety as he is very rambunctious and brave!
3. Please pray for our campus construction to be fully completed in the coming month. We are at a place where we can finally start classes, but there is still so much to be done to make it livable and safe and ready to house more staff/students.
4. Please pray for our students and staff who arrived the last week of March. Pray for their adjustment to a new culture, language and food, and also for their health, safety and unity as they dwell together this month.
5. Please continue to pray for financial provision and the Lord’s timing in the building of our home inside the campus/compound. It will cost approximately $30,000 to complete a 1000sq ft home including bathroom and kitchen fixtures like toilets, counters and sinks. To our eyes it seems impossible, but with God all things are possible! Please also pray for wisdom and vision in how we can go about fundraising and sharing this need for our family.
Blessings from our family to yours!
The B Family – Email
R.M. (2) – South Asia
-Praise God, today 7 more believers got baptized! One woman who was baptized has a father that is a Hindu priest. She accepted Jesus 3 years ago and today she was baptized, praise God!
-Praise God for providing money for Rajendra’s phone! Please pray that the transfer of the money to South Asia will go smoothly.
Thanks for your prayers and support!
God bless you,
R.M. – Blog
R.K.(2) – South Asia
2. Please also pray that I will be a faithful witness that others may come to know the Lord.
God bless you,
R.K. (2) – Blog
J.E. – South Asia
1. Please keep CC South Asia in your prayers.2. I ask for your personal prayer support for me, that I continue to teach God’s Word and demonstrate my faith by living biblically and loving God and people radically.
J.E. – Blog
L.B. – South Asia
2. Please pray that the construction work for the Bible School will be completed soon.
3. Please pray for the first batch of students.
4. Please pray for the protection of our families.
5. Please pray for the community where we live, that they may come to the feet of Jesus and experience salvation in their personal lives.
Thank you for your prayers!
God bless you,
L.B. – Blog
North and Central America
Joel and Amy Garcia – California, USA
1. Please pray for wisdom and vision for Joel for the various ministries he leads at Calvary Chapel Saving Grace (Young Adults Group, Worship Ministry, Life Groups, New Believers’ Classes, etc.). His desire is not just to do a lot of things, but to do them well and with the proper focus and guidance from the Holy Spirit.
2. Please pray for the trip Joel plans to take this year with Pastor Mike to Uganda. Pray for God to provide the financial resources to go and a clear vision for he and Pastor Mike to encourage our missionaries there and to strengthen His work in Uganda.
3. Please pray for wisdom in raising our children. We have one teething and crawling everywhere, one who is just about done with potty training, and a wonderful 4-year-old whose mind is soaking in everything. We need lots of wisdom, especially Amy, who has the privilege of staying home with our kids full-time. This is a challenging job without any breaks, so please pray for strength for her!
4. Please pray for the upcoming SGWM Missions Banquet on May 5th. Joel is helping plan it and is in charge of promotion of it. We’re praying for great attendance and for the Lord to lead people to become financial partners with SGWM as an organization so that we can keep sending missionaries effectively!
5. Finally, we have been praying for quite awhile for God to provide a larger living space, namely, a house to rent. As our kids grow and our boys become a bit more, well, boyish, we’ve realized they could really use some more space and a contained outside area. We can’t beat the rent on our current 2-bedroom apartment, and we’re more than happy where we are, but it would be a huge blessing to have more space for our kids and for us to practice more hospitality than we’ve been able to (like hosting a life group).
Thank you all again for your prayers on our behalf!
Jana Sandbulte – Indiana, USA
-Praise God for good health for our family this winter! Please pray for my baby, Rose’s, development. Please pray that she will be talking and walking soon. Please also pray for healing for her hearing loss in her left ear.
Please pray that God would draw me closer and closer to Him and that I would love others as He loves them.
Please pray that God would supply all of the needs of the Indian missionaries that we work with.
Thank you for your prayers!
Joni Houser – USA
1. Please pray for God’s guidance in ministry decisions.
Mike and Sarah Vincent – Rosarito, Mexico
2. That God would give us the wisdom on how to plug in our guests and new believers at the church
3. That God would provide for the needs of our family on the mission field of Mexic
Thank you for your faithful prayers!
Nikki Arriaga – California, USA
-Praise God for His unchanging character!
1. The Lord is giving me the opportunity to go on a short-term trip in June to visit our SGWM missionaries and work that is going on in South Asia. The Lord has provided a portion of the finances I need for this trip. Please pray that the Lord would continue to receive all the glory as He faithfully provides the remaining amount.
2. Pray that the Lord would give all of us vision to bless the body of Christ as we prepare for this trip to South Asia in June.
3. In preparing for this missions trip, there has been very intense spiritual warfare. Please pray that I would always remember to put on the full armor of God, take thoughts captive, and joyfully worship Him in the midst of the battle.
34. The Lord has been teaching me how important it is to abide in the simple yet profound truths of who He is and who I am in Christ. Please pray that the Lord would continue to capture my heart and transform my life through knowing Him.
Thank you for partnering with me in prayer!
Leo and Pilar Gray – Ensenada Mexico
2. Pray for the upcoming mission trip during Spring Break to La Paz.
3. Pray for our Open House / College Weekend April 13 – 15
4. We have several teams coming in the next few weeks – pray that we will be a blessing to them and that He would bless them while they are serving with us.
5. Personally having car trouble.
6. My Mom, Agnes, is adjusting to life without my Dad. We need wisdom as we plan for her future – she’s 88 years old and was married for 66 years.
7. Pilar is working on her permanent resident visa. Pray that it goes well.
8.Pray for Easter Services everywhere that many would come to know Christ as Savior and Lord.
Thank you for faithfully praying for us!
Deanna Jevas – Tijuana, Mexico
1. For a fresh new outpouring of the Holy Spirit on me as I serve the Lord here in Tijuana. For the Lord’s wisdom and guidance and leading as I serve Him in the Children’s Ministry and soup kitchen.
2. For the Lord’s nointing and blessing as I prepare to give a teacher’s conference at Calvary Chapel in Guadalajara April 5-7
3. For God’s continual blessing and provision for the 30 kids in the soup kitchen and the after school program that we serve here three days per week, and that all of the adult servants who are ministering to the kids would love on the kids and serve them as Jesus would have us do.
4. For my health– minor problems migraines in particular–for good health in general!
Thanks so much for praying for me and the kids in Mexico! Dios te bendiga (God bless you)!
Tim Pappas – California, USA
1. Please pray that I would be acutely tuned in to the voice of the Master
2. Please pray that I would make good decisions or none at all unless absolutely necessary in this time of grief.
Thanks for praying!
Alex Gray – Ensenada, Mexico
2. Financial support
3. Listening to Gods direction in my life
Jon and Allison Brechtel – Oaxaca, Mexico
-We are really getting settled in our home and community. We were invited to a birthday party this past weekend and we got to meet more of our neighbors, including one man who we invited to church and seems to really have a desire to get plugged in to a church.
We (Jon and Allison) will OFFICIALLY have our temporary residency visas soon. It’s been a longer (and more expensive) process than we originally thought. Praise the Lord for the financial provision and guidance throughout this process.
-Jonny and Noah are doing really well overall!
That we will be proactive in communicating in Spanish and building relationships with the people of Mexico *that the Lord would lead the right person or family to go to Oaxaca with us to plant a church *that the boys would continue making friends in the neighborhood and through the church *financial provision
Thank you for lifting our family up in prayer. We are so grateful.
Mike and Erin Thiemann – California, USA
1. SGWM Promotions. God has done some amazing things over the past two weeks that I can’t share publically. But please join me in praising God and continue to pray for His continued provision.
2. Erin will be traveling to South Asia in June to take pictures and video of our ministries there. Please pray that the Lord covers this trip with grace and everything goes smoothly. Pray for her camera gear, that it will all function correctly and not get stolen.
3. I will be heading to Uganda in October with (Lord willing) Joel and Tim. Please cover this trip in prayer. I would also like to have Malachi (my son) join me. But he’ll need to raise funds. Please pray for that.
4. Please pray for wisdom and vision for Erin as she home-schools our three kids.
5. Please pray for Erin’s photography business. It is steadily growing. Pray for more clients and that the Lord would use her not just to bring in extra income but as a ministry opportunity.
6. Please pray for our financial support. Erin and I do live on missionary support as U.S. based missionaries.
Brad and Melissa Miller – Amazon Jungle, Brazi
1. The village ministry, strong leaders, for the new believers, growth, women’s ministry, and children’s ministry. Specifically for Oscar and Analucia, Valdicis, Emerson and Marissa, Pedro and Eliete, Jarison and Lucia, Guilermi and Elsimara.
2. The new villages we are entering. For new churches to be planted. For the people to continue evangelizing, preaching, and teaching.
3. Homeschooling. Pray for our 3 children, Josiah, Veronica, and Benjamin. Pray for Melissa.
4. Our eldest children living in the U.S. Jr and his wife Ashley and children, Andrea and her new job. Pray for both to draw closer still to our Lord.
5. Our Christian influence in every place our feet touch. For wisdom, discernment, and edifying words to always come out of our mouths.
6. Our parents and extended family in the U.S.
The Buescher Family – Cajamarca, Peru
Thank you for taking the time to pray!
1. Please join us in prayer this month as baby Jane Mírabel can arrive any day. Pray for a smooth delivery and that we will be able to have a home birth as planned. Pray that we have water during the birth. Our water has been cutting out regularly the past couple weeks.
2. Pray also that we adjust quickly to having a new baby in the house. With our eight month old son having died this past year, the sight of sleeping babies still causes panic at times. And even with our older kids I can’t have them sleep within my sight. So I am really nervous about this transition.
3. Pray that God would pour into us and renew our minds and spirits. That we would abide in Him constantly and be refreshed.
4. Pray for unity and growth among the students and staff of the Bible college here in Cajamarca. That we would all be drawing near to Him and that our relationships would be strengthened.
Thank you! Sorry again that I was late, it has been a pretty stressful week for us and we are feeling really overwhelmed. Thanks for what you do to share our prayer requests! We appreciate it.
Mitch and Christine Sorensen – Nice, France
1. Pray for our health as Christine and I are still dealing with back issues (Christine) and me with Bell’s palsy.
2. Pray that in spite of these difficulties we would still have a strong witness in being able to share the Gospel
3. Pray about our tax situation in France which enables us to get cheap health care. We are talking to a lawyer because the status of being missionaries makes it an interesting challenge.
4. Christine’s niece and fiance are new believers and live in an area without a church nearby. We are keeping in contact by Skype and sending new believer studies but they need fellowship also.
5. Pray for our financial provision and that we would be good stewards of the monies we do have.
Rebecca Alaniz – Zagreb, Croatia
2. Pray that the Lord would continue to bring a team around me that would not only lift me up in prayer but also partner with me financially.
3. Pray for more relationships to be built and for more opportunities for the gospel to be shared.
4. Pray that the Word of God would penetrate the hearts of the Croatian people.
5. Pray for wisdom and discernment on how to reach the Roma Communities with the gospel more effectively.
6. Continue to pray for the Bright Future Kids. Pray that the Lord would speak to each of their hearts and that they would see that this world has nothing to offer them in comparison to what Jesus has already given to them. Their names are Sanja, Darija, Mirela, Marija, Valentina, Manuel, Dario, Robert, Marko and Klaudija.
7. Pray that the Lord would open the doors for me to return back to Croatia soon and that while He has me stateside that I wouldn’t waste the time but that I would use it for His glory.
Thank you for all of your prayers!
Brenna Kulla – Pécs, Hungary
1. Pray that I will grow in dependence on the Lord and live each day by His strength and in His grace.
2. Pray that the church in Hungary will be strengthened and built up. That they will continue to grow in unity and love.
3. Pray for those who are exploring the things of God, that they would see the truth of the gospel and respond in faith.
4. Pray for our ministry with the international students. God has brought the nations to our doorstep and what God could do through these lives is limitless all over the world. It’s exciting knowing God’s heart for all peoples to be saved and dreaming of what He might do through a few transformed lives. Pray for wisdom in how to best love and care for them and spur them on after Christ.
5. Continue to pray that my heart will remain willing and open for the Lord’s teaching and preparation through this season of waiting. Pray for strength and wisdom. For the Lord to raise up people who have a heart to partner with the gospel going to Hungary. Pray for the financial provision needed in order to return to Hungary.
Thank you for your prayers!
Nick and Sue Long- Milliwatt, Austria
1. Please continue to pray about our visa situation. We met with a lawyer in Vienna and it appears we may be able to get the visas. Much paperwork needs to be done and it may take about 6 months. We covet your prayers on this issue. After we get our visas as “Overseers of the Castle” here, it will be easier for visas to be established for others. Thank you.
2. Please pray that the restorations go smoothly and for the guests attending conferences while these projects are going on to continue have peaceful hearts, patience and understanding.
3. We continue to pray for God to open hearts for His choices of the right people to work alongside of our existing team here at the Castle. We have a great group of servants ( our Castle Family), that God has put together so far, and we are trusting Him to add to the family in His timing. Please pray with us for how this will be accomplished. We need help, but we don’t need full time help all year long. Mostly for bigger conferences (kitchen and housekeeping help), but eventually also full time office help from someone who speaks german fluently (can communicate with local hotel/guest houses for our bigger conferences, when we need to use extra rooms in the local community), is organized, can use computer programs, and can work well under challenging/stressful circumstances. Praying for a good fit for our family on this one especially.
4. It has been snowing here off and on these past couple of months… We do love the snow. It is an amazing transformation of beauty for this place, compared to the summer months here. The snow covered mountains, the lake, and the tranquility are all a reflection of God’s beauty and love for this place. We are also looking forward to our daughter and her family visiting us here from Germany, over Easter week. Hopefully traveling here from Germany will be smooth.
5.We will be heading back to the states mid April, until summer. Until we get those visas in place we can only be here for 3 months at a time… Our time here this trip also included moving into our apartment connected to the Castle (the Coach House). We did some renovating, and have been slowly making it feel like more than a temporary dwelling place… We have also been building our relationships with our castle family… and appreciating how God has brought each one here to be a part of the big picture. They are each so amazing in their own way… Thankful for them all! Please pray for our castle family, as they hold down the responsibilities when we are not present… Thank you so much
Thank you for your faithful prayers!
Marc and Linda McSweeny – Frankfurt Germany
One of Linda’s closest friends is in intensive care due to pneumonia. She is in an artificial coma, on an artificial respirator, and her condition is not improving. She is married with 2 children and does not know the Lord. Please pray for her healing.
One of the young ladies in the church is pregnant but has a medical condition that can potentially cause her to lose the baby. She has to give herself an injection everyday. She has also lost a baby before, so she is very fearful. Pray for peace in her life and a healthy baby to be delivered.
Please continue to pray for my headaches/migraines. They have become much more frequent since Christmas. My doctor is trying to get me into a headache clinic but so far my case “is not bad enough.” Pray for healing and wisdom for the doctors.
Please pray for wisdom in dealing with a certain situation in the church. The enemy is ever ready to cause problems and then get our focus on man. We wrestle not against flesh and blood. Pray that our eyes would all be on the Lord.
Thanks for your prayers!
Brian and Jill Kanyike – Kampala, Uganda
2. Pray for Jill as she prepares for a women’s tea next month. Pray for her guest speaker Amanda Perry.
3. Pray for the women who attended the women’s day symposium Jill shared at. Pray they would continue to seek to know more about Christ.
4. Pray for health and safety.
5.Pray for all the ministries taking place, and for Brian as he pastors and leads the ministry team at Arise Christian Fellowship.
Thank you for praying for the Kanyike family and the ministry in Uganda.
Dave and Twinkle Zavala – Nairobi, Kenya
2. Please pray for healing for Jane’s gums and that God would provide for her to get the right treatment.
3. Please pray that God would provide for the church building rent for Calvary Chapel Ngong Hills.
4. Please pray that God would give Dave and Twinkle clear direction concerning the various ministries at Nairobi.
Vincent and Melissa Aniku – Midigo, Uganda
2. Pray for our health. We struggle with malaria, staph and severe allergies. We are praying hard this year for God to heal us from these illnesses or at least lessen the amounts.
3. Pray for safety for the Muslim converts and for us against the persecutions.
4. Pray for the sports ministry as they continue their matches.
5. Pray for the teams and various people planning to come this year to serve.
Thank you so much for your love and prayers!
Matthew and Noelle Harris – Gulu, Uganda
-Our team at Terebinth Ministry just finished building and filling a chicken house; a small way we plan to offset the cost of ministry there in Uganda.
1. Pray for safe travels with our two little girls.
2. Please pray for continued safety during the pregnancy, labor, and delivery of our coming baby, in Uganda.
3. Pray that God would continue to provide for our financial needs, and that we would trust Him to fill every need in His own timing.
4. Please pray for our remaining time in the United States, that we would not push aside any opportunities that God would want us involved in.
5. Pray that our relationships would be strengthened as we say goodbye to those we love and who have partnered with us.
6. Pray also for us, that whenever we speak, words may be given us so that we will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. (Ephesians 6:19)
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers for us, you are a blessing!
HisKids – Joe and Lisa Horner – S. Sudan, Uganda and Haiti
1. We have received reports that the kids we are trying to help in Haiti have been suffering from vitamin deficiency. This is common in developing countries where kids are not exposed to a variety of foods. We are planning on purchasing bulk vitamin powder that the can be mixed into their water. To give vitamins to 150 kids is $125/month.
2. Please pray for Hiskids to help more kids. We have continual medical needs that are going unmet. Every day we are encountering more and more children that are hopeless, helpless and hurting. We are still asking for prayer for Jenny who needs surgery on her face. We are trying to get her surgery in Haiti in the next few months. We are also praising God for saving many children from starvation and over 30 people who made decisions to follow Christ in the last 2 months. We have a trip planned from July 22-28 to Haiti. If you are interested, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to Hiskids.com.
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.” – Hebrews 13:3
Thank you for praying! Your prayers are impacting lives and helping
“Reach the Nations…One Soul at a Time”