In this time of preparation, I have stepped into a journey of faith that has been more than I expected….where the spiritual blessings have truly outweighed the spiritual warfare and trials!
One of the blessings I have been experiencing is God’s tender care for me as His daughter. A few months ago, someone prayed over me and shared these sweet words:
“Before anything Zully, God sees you as His daughter. He wants to take care of you, protect you, and love you like the Father that He is to you.”
And He has! Even in the way He answered the questions I made at the beginning of this journey. My Heavenly Father answered them in a very tender and beautiful way:
- Why love people I don’t know? Why leave my family, friends, job, ministry…for people I don’t even know yet?
- ~God’s Answer: Zully, I want you to learn to love the way I love. (John 15:12-13)
- Starting a school is a huge task Lord, will I be able to do this?
- ~God’s Answer: If you have faith as the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. But Zully, don’t forget that I am the Mover of Mountains, I am the Author and Finisher of your Faith. You’re not doing this alone. (Matt 17:20 / Hebrews 12:2)
- Are you sure you want me to do this? Some things don’t make sense to me?
- ~God’s Answer: Noah was told to build something he didn’t even know existed; he had to follow instructions, measurement by measurement. Gideon was told to fight a very large army with 300 men, and their weapons were trumpets, empty jars, and torches. Joshua, a military leader, was told to simply walk around the city wall and shout at it in order to overtake Jericho. Zully, do you see a pattern? I’ve called you and prepared you, all you have to do is obey and leave the rest to me! (Oh, and get used to doing things that don’t make sense!)
However, in the midst of my questions, the Lord as my Father, reminded me that while I’m concerned with the what, the when, and the how, He is concerned with my heart. While I’m concerned with my timeline, He is concerned with my lifeline.
So, He reminded me that some proper questions to ask should be:
How is my devotional time with Him?
Am I being sensitive to the Holy Spirit?
Do I truly believe in the power of prayer?
How do I stand strong during times of spiritual warfare?
He is a great Dad! I’m blessed to be loved, called, and cared for by a loving Father who makes sure my heart is well assured equipped, and encouraged.
But wait…one more question…the question I get asked often…When am I leaving? I am currently in the preparation process where some major things are not exactly under my control (raising funds and the long visa process). So in the midst of that, I know for certain who my Father is and that His timing is perfect! He is my good Father!
Thank you all for your prayers!
Some photos from my dessert gathering:
- To wait faithfully for those things that are not in my control.
- To desperately seek God’s direction during this time of preparation.
- Wisdom for the visa process.
- Strength in the midst of the spiritual warfare.
- For the Lord to continue to provide in all areas.