1. Our family as we adjust to a new lifestyle of pouring ourselves out in ministry in a new way.
2. Our finances. We are raising support to be able to do this ministry full-time and be a blessing to SGWM. Please pray that the Lord would provide for our financial needs through supporters who want to partner with us in Kingdom work.
Thank you so much for faithfully partnering with us in prayer!
John and Natalia Gunderson – Cajamarca, Peru
1. For Out son Alejandro: He is not doing well in his health. He has anemia and feels very tired. Meat, fish and other regular fruit we used to eat are ( blueberries, strawberries, broccoli Zucchini, cantaloupe ) to expensive here so we mostly eat chicken and I make regular Peruvian food like lentils, quinoa, rice, pasta, potatoes, etc…But Alejandro had a hard time getting used to the fruit and veggies here. Anyhow, I was trying to make homemade mac and cheese every week because milk and local cheese is affordable and pasta is really cheap but I wasn’t thinking in the lack of iron and some vitamins ( I didn’t notice that the gummy vitamins I brought from the states didn’t have some vitamins B). So I am making him liver twice a week (he doesn’t like it but he is eating it for his health ) and different shakes with fruit, vegetables and honey. Please pray he recovers quickly. Also his best friend is moving to Chile very soon. Please pray for another good friend here for Alejandro. Pray for us to be the parents he needs, to become a fine young man for the Lord.
2. For our little Emily: for the past 4 months she has a hard time going potty. It can be 3-4 days without going. She eats prunes, raises, fruit, everyday but it doesn’t make any difference. We have to put liquid glycerin to make her poop every 3 days. But she is clearly in pain. I ran out of those last week and started to use the solid glycerin suppository that they have here but it’s not really working. Please pray that she goes potty normal like she used to before without any suppository or medicines.
3. For John: please pray for wisdom and to be more patience and loving with me. I know is hard to deal with a wife going through menopause.
4. For Natalia: I started an early menopause this year. It happened right after I lost the baby. So my body didn’t have time to recover from pregnancy, breast feeding and after miscarriage it went directly to menopause. It’s really hard to feel all these changes in my body. Sometimes it’s hard to breathe, sometimes I am extremely hot and it’s freezing for everyone else. Sometimes I am just extremely tired. And headaches are almost every day. I can even feel pain in my bones and especially my teeth! It’s like I am feeling that my body is slowly dying. The worst part is that there are some days that I am just in a bad mood for no reason and I am aware of that so I pray to God for help. That I am not so cranky with my husband and kids but some days I am just not as godly as I should be. It’s especially hard when they don’t behave as they should or my husband is not as loving as he usually is. Thanks to the Lord it’s not often but I wish I didn’t have to fight with this body. So I need prayers for all this.
5. And the last one: For our immigration status: We are going to the states shortly because we need to ask for a special permit from immigration for me and Alejandro. We are not citizens yet, only residence. And with all the changes that are going in immigration this past year we are in the need to come back home every 6 months and that could be costly. So if we get that Permit we can be out of the country for 2 years with no problem. Also John needs to work on his Peruvian residence. We traveled a few months ago to another city to start it but they wanted the documents we showed to be from that very same month, no older than that. So we couldn’t start the process. Because the paperwork and documents we need have to be done in Lima. We are planning to start the whole process for John’s immigration status as soon as we come back from the states because we will be in Lima.
Thank you so much for your time praying for us. Thank you for helping us. We really appreciate it.
May the Lord bless you all!
Darryl and Kayo Record – Cambodia
1. Please pray for our health.
2. Please pray for Darryl’s new ministry partnerships with Light Times magazine and a ministry to Chinese in Cambodia.
3. Please pray for Kayo’s ministries to Japanese, at risk women, and worship team.
4. Please pray for a permanent solution to our visa issue.
5. Please pray for our long term vision and needs.
P.M. and V.M. – Southern Asia
2. Please pray for God’s wisdom and strength to do the ministry.
3. Please pray that God would provide our own property for the ministry.
4. Please pray for our health.
5. Please pray for our financial needs.
Thanks for your prayers! God bless you!
Co-workers in Christ,
P. and V. Blog: http://sgwm.com/masih/
Mike and Erin Thiemann – California
1. Please pray as I shift into a role where I am focused on writing. I will be producing a weekly Mission blog post specifically for training/encouraging missionaries, senders, and their sending churches. Also, there are two books that I am writing. The first is a general guide to becoming a missionary and the second book I will share more about later. Along with that, I am creating an online training school for missions. First, this will be to benefit out SGWM missionaries, and once we further develop it, we will make it accessible to the public.
2. Please pray for Erin as she home schools our three kids and runs her own small business. Also, please pray for her photography business as it is steadily growing. Pray for more clients and that the Lord would use her in this not to merely bring in extra income but as a ministry opportunity. She will be hosting a few fundraisers this Holiday season to raise funds for various missions and outreach programs both at SGWM and at a few local churches in our community. Pray that the Lord brings in hundreds of people and that the fundraisers are a huge success. We’ll post more information when available.
Thank you and God Bless!
Bond, Heather and Breanna Gaona – California, USA
– Pray for those who the Lord wants to bring as students to be equipped at the bible college. We will be setting up a system and need the Lord to direct us to those who desire to be trained in God’s Word and start future works in various parts of India.
-Continue praying that God would raise up a team of Indian nationals to help staff the new work in the South.
-We plan to return to Nepal on Nov. 12. Graduation will be Nov. 17. Bond will be teaching a conference Nov. 21-22 in a village 5 hours outside the capital city. They are planning for 160 pastors and leaders. Pray that it would be a great time in the Word and for all the planning of details to come together (since we are making arrangements from this side).
-Pray for the graduates of CCBC Nepal for this semester (graduate in November) that they would hear from the Lord on planting a church and reaching their own people. One of the graduates from CCBC Nepal will be joining us as an intern in South India to help start CCBC India.
– Pray for Heather as she was asked to teach at a women’s conference Nov. 11th where Joni Erickson Tada is teaching after in Redlands at Packinghouse Christian Fellowship. Pray for a message from the Lord as she studies and prepares in the next two weeks. Pray that day that many women would come and that the Word would go forth in power and lives would be changed.
Mike and Sarah Vincent – Rosarito, Mexico
2. Pray for favor as we negotiate the land (parking) and building purchases!
3. Pray that God will continue to provide for the financial needs of our family!
Thank you for your prayers!
Sam and Amy Baby – Southern Asia
-Please pray for my husband as he oversees the construction of the new bible college in South Asia. Pray he would be filled with all wisdom and faith as he moves forward in very difficult and uncertain circumstances. Much of what our new ministry entails right now requires the Lord to move mountains and be our Shield and Hiding Place through many ongoing obstacles. Please also pray for his health and safety in travels.
-Please pray for my son as he’s walking now and very independent. Pray for his overall health, physical protection and a teachable Spirit. Please pray he would start sleeping through the night, as its very difficult on the whole family.
-Please pray for me as a wife and mother, homemaker and disciple of Christ. Pray I would be the encouragement my husband needs, the steady hand my son needs, faithful to the daily tasks for our family and consistent and passionate in seeking the Lord daily. I often strive in my flesh and fail, which effects our whole family. Praise God for His grace! Also please keep my health in prayer as I have been dealing with extreme fatigue, nausea and dizzy spells.
-Please pray for my husband’s family as his dad left his ministry position of 30+ years in order to join our family in this new work. This transition included moving to a new location, the youngest daughter switching schools just a year before she graduates, another son leaving his job and attending a bible college and now all of our family living together. Please pray for these transitions and for the Lords strength in everyone’s new journey.
-Please pray for the continued construction work of our new bible college in South Asia. We are renovating several old buildings and starting a few new building projects. There have been a lot of bumps in the road that temporary set us back or delay us, but God has been so faithful to keep His work moving forward!
-Pray for good relationships with our Hindu and Muslim community.
-Pray for favor and a good rapport with local authorities.
-Pray for unity and clear communication among the many people involved in this project- from the owners and leasers of the land to the construction workers and overseers and into the students and staff when they come. Division and miscommunication are huge obstacles the enemy likes to use in our region.
-Pray for continued clear leading from the Lord and vision with open doors for the paths He would have us walk in. We need to find ways to bless the community in order to open their hearts and ears to us. Our vision is to train up nationals, but we also want to reach those on our doorstep.
Thank you all for your prayers and support as we follow the Lord and seek to do His will.
Jena Pepin – Culiacán, Mexico
Thank you so much for your faithfulness in prayer! After a more than 2 month ordeal, Sammy has finally been declared healthy and has had no return of fevers or symptoms. And with the correct treatments, my health is just about back to normal as well. Our missions conference went very well, as did the women’s conference I spoke at.
November is going to be busy!
1. Our new ministry in the city dump. We will be having lessons for adults and children of all ages, as well as a meal… for about 250 people! For the next two months, we will be teaming up with another church, but starting in January, we will be independent of them. Pray for provision of the staff and resources we will need, as well as for those being ministered to.
2. The breakfast club in La Invasion. This ministry is also growing and soon will be converting into a church-like service on Sundays. Pray for all who will be involved in this ministry and that with the change in day and format, we will see many more families attending.
3. Pray for the follow-up from our women’s conference. We had about 20 first-time visitors that need to be followed-up with, many of whom are in the midst of major storms in their lives (the reason for which they attended an event entitled Peace in the Storm). May God continue to work in their lives and bring them the peace they so desperately seek.
4. Finally, with Christmas “just around the corner,” we will be starting a new evangelism/invitation campaign with flyers announcing all of our holiday activities. Pray that many unsaved people will be reached as a result of these flyers.
1. Our new location, surrounding neighbors, moving from our old location and leave a good testimony and get our deposits back without any trouble.
2. Pray for us having the opportunity to have one church in two locations and the new youth group we started a few months ago.
5. Pray for Sindy Niño who is our intern missionary who is going to back to Colombia for furlough and to see if the Lord will provide for her to return!
6. Pray for our Thanksgiving outreach to the community.
7. Pray for our outreach and repairs to the local skate park in December.
8. Pray for our 2 students at the CCBC in Cajamarca, Peru.
9. Pray for our Peruvian Summer Surf Camps December – February.
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.” – Hebrews 13:3
Thank you for praying! Your prayers are impacting lives and helping
“Reach the Nations…One Soul at a Time”