“Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”Psalm 46:10
As my wife and I were reading our devotions last month, we came across the encouraging verse written above and quickly had our family commit it to memory. Ministry can feel like an impossible task, endless drops in a vast ocean. As I look at the corrupting world around me I wonder if my life can really turn the tide within my sphere. Psalm 46:10 reminded us that it’s not our effort that will bring God His glory. God Himself is at work in the world. God will capture the heart of the nations and receive their praise. God will be exalted in in the world. As Paul explained to the Corinthians; one might plant and another might water, but it is God alone who brings the increase (1 Cor 3:6). When I remove the weight from my own shoulders and give it back to Whom it belongs, it is a joy to serve our Lord rather than an overwhelming job.
“And He was saying, “The kingdom of God is like a man who casts seed upon the soil; and he goes to bed at night and gets up by day, and the seed sprouts and grows – how, he himself does not know. The soil produces crops by itself; first the blade, then the head, then the mature grain in the head. But when the crop permits, he immediately puts in the sickle because the harvest has come.”Mark 4:26-29
This month we had the privilege of completing our current group of church leaders’ journey through the entire counsel of God! Wrapping up with the books of Daniel and Revelation. It is amazing to see the difference that three years of Bible training can make in a person’s life. Understanding how the entirety of Scripture works together removes so much confusion and gives so much peace. God’s wisdom has provided a firm foundation for these men to stand on as they reach their communities with the grace and truth of Jesus Christ. As we studied the end together we all gained eternal perspective. God will defeat sin and death. God will defeat Satan. And God will be with us!
“The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will Reign forever and ever.”Revelation 11:15b
Praise God with us that:
- The Ugandan president has reopened church gatherings of up to 200 people.
- God used our home church while large gatherings were closed.
- Noelle and I have enjoyed eight years of marriage.
- We finalized our family’s visas.
- God miraculously healed my friend’s sister, who had terminal bleeding in her brain from an accident.
Please join us in prayer for:
- Churches to have vision and strength for their reopening’s.
- Us to have wisdom in continuing our ministry toward the people who were in our home church.
- Our ministry partners who are all traveling right now: Our director Kent Nolley and his family are in Furlough in the US. Our teammate Luke Buescher is in the US for his brother’s wedding. Our teammate Cassie is in South Africa taking a videography course. And our teammate Jon Coupal is in South Africa on a vision trip for a future church plant.