-I’m being sent out! After years of praying, the Lord has finally opened all of the doors to head back to Croatia.
1. Pray for wisdom and discernment in my life.
2. Pray for me as the Lord has opened up the door for me to return back to Croatia.
3. Pray for Ben and Emily, the couple I will be serving alongside in Zagreb.
4. Pray for a smooth transition, especially when it comes to all of the logistics (School, housing, etc)
5. Pray for the Roma Villages, for the Lord to be gloried and for the gospel to transform lives.
6. Pray for Croatia as a whole. May the bonds of religion be broken and may the gospel be received.
Thank you for praying for me and for Croatia as a whole!
Mitch and Christine Sorensen – Nice, France
2. Pray for the people we come in contact with in and out of the church that we would be loving and compassionate and have discerning hearts.
3. Pray for the possibility of us coming to the states this year.
4. Pray for our continued trust in the Lord for His provision in every area.
5. Pray for Nice. It is a very rich city and many people don’t see their need for a Savior. Thank you and God bless you as you serve Him.
Thank you for this opportunity to share our needs.
S.S. – Europe
1. Please pray for a refugees family from Iraq that suffers domestic violence from the new father. The mom was sent to the hospital last week after being really injured. The father escaped to France but he will come back since the mom is refusing to post charges. The situation is terrible for the kids, and me along with other people are trying to persuade the mom to ask for the intervention of authorities to end this suffering, but she is not listening.
2. Please pray for the Syrian refugees that are trying to be reunited to their families from Syria, since Germany approved the new Law of reunification for refugees’ spouses and unmarried minors. We have a lot of people who have been living without their kids and spouses for more than 3 years. Especially for Galil’s family, a very nice man in our church, so that his wife and kids can be here in Germany and come to the church as well.
S. S. – Email
HisKids – Joe and Lisa Horner – S. Sudan, Uganda and Haiti
1. Please pray for the unrest in Haiti. Recently, the Prime Minister of Haiti announced a major increase in the price of fuel. After this announcement, there was rioting and looting all over the country. Haiti supplements the price of fuel, and there was a lot of pressure to increase the price. The PM has since resigned, but the country still has a lot of turmoil. We had a team of people going to Haiti in July, but it was cancelled because of the unrest.
2. We are still fighting polio. I have not found vaccinations to give to the kids. You would think this would be easy to find either here in the states or in Haiti, but it is not. I am meeting with some doctors who are interested in helping. If you know how we can stop kids in Haiti from getting polio, please let me know. We are trying to get kids who have been affected by polio wheel chairs. If you are interested in helping, go here: https://hiskids.com/donations/wheelchair/ Also, please continue to pray for Jenny who needs face surgery.
Thank you for faithfully praying for us!
Matthew and Noelle Harris – Gulu, Uganda
-We got all of our paperwork done for the next 3 years! (Visas, driving permit, passport for our new born etc).
-Our first class of pastors completed the whole Old Testament!
1. Pray for Noelle’s family back at home as her father is slipping further and further into dementia.
2. Pray for our 2 classes of pastors as they continue studying Gods Word. The first class just went through Matthew and Luke this month and our second class will be studying Exodus next month.
3. Pray that the church in Uganda would have a love for Gods Word and that the Holy Spirit would illuminate the Truth of God to them.
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers for us, you are a blessing!
Vincent and Melissa Aniku – Midigo, Uganda
1. Please Pray for our first ever 3 day Locally run VBS. This is the first time all us teachers in Midigo are going to do a 3 day without a team to give us resources and organizing. We are very excited and have had good examples from teams that have come and done it in the past.
2. Pray for our Calvary football/soccer team. They have started friendly matches getting ready for the tournaments but are facing persecutions of being a Christian team especially on the away games. Pray they continue to be godly examples even in those moments. Pray for the preparations.
3. Pray for our church in general.
4. Pray for our health.
Thank you all so much for your love and prayers for us!
God Bless you,
Dave and Twinkle Zavala – Nairobi, Kenya
2. Please pray for healing for Brenda .
3. Please pray that the Fall semester at Calvary Chapel Nairobi’s Bible College would be fruitful.
4. Please pray for CC Nairobi’s congregation to have a deeper walk with the Lord.
Thank you for praying for us!
NORTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA
Mike and Sarah Vincent – Rosarito, Mexico
-Praise the Lord for a blessed and fruitful anniversary trip to Guadalajara!
-Praise God for provision and for the progress on our church’s new patios and sanctuary expansion!
1. Please pray that the Lord would continue to give us SGWM staff God’s vision, all of the necessary wisdom to fulfill that vision and that He would receive all of the glory!2. I am super excited to visit one of my best friends in Canada at the end of the month! Please pray that this will be a refreshing and restful time with lots of sweet fellowship!Thank you for partnering with me in prayer!Blessings,
Nikki Arriaga – Email Blog
Joel and Amy Garcia – California, USA
1. Please pray for our financial needs, that God would supply us with all that we need while keeping us strong and growing in faith in this area. We long for hearts like that of Agur in Proverbs 30:7-9!
2. Please pray for Joel, along with Pastor Mike and some amazingly talented volunteers, as they develop strategies for raising financial support for those who would like to attend our Bible Colleges in South Asia and need monthly support (about $30/month for each student) to do so over the course of the 2-year program.
3. Please pray for wisdom for Joel in deciding whether he should go on an Israel trip in the Spring, which would include a stop along the way to scope out potential SGWM ministry in a middle-eastern country.
4. Please pray for wisdom in training and raising our kids in the Lord, and for Amy in particular as she performs the daily task of caring for all of the (many, many) needs of our little ones. We long to raise our kids to know, love, and follow Christ, to love others well, and to be faithful and responsible servants.
5. Please pray for clear vision for Joel for both worship ministry and for both Joel and Amy in discipling those in our young adults ministry that we lead. Please also pray for the time-management skills Joel will need in the coming months as he takes on a lot of new roles that require lots of time, effort, and studying.
Tim Pappas – California, USA
Praise the Lord for the people He has brought into my life who love me and stand by me
1. Please pray the Lord would Sustain me As I walk in the calling He is called me to
2. I was ordained on the 12th as a pastor at CC Saving Grace so please pray as led. There’s a long list of things that a Pastor needs prayer for
3. pray that I would be attentive and ever learning in my personal relationships.
Thank you all so much for being faithful to pray for me and other missionaries as we serve the Lord in this capacity
Joni Houser – USA
1. Please pray for my mother’s cancer treatment–for our wisdom in treatment decisions, and also for her to be able to get all of her necessary treatment without bad side effects/complications.2. Please pray for God to use me to aid believers in South Asia3. Please pray that the Gospel will be spread throughout South Asia.
Jana Sandbulte – Indiana, USA
1. Please pray for God to use me in whatever ways He desires.
2. Please pray for me to grow in God’s love and grace.
3. Please pray for my 16-month-old daughter’s mouth formation problem, that she will receive the right treatment. Also pray for her physical development, as she is still not walking.
4. Please pray that God will heal my mom’s cancer completely and give her a long, healthy life
5. Please pray that I will be an encouragement and aid to the workers in South Asia.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Leo and Pilar Gray – Ensenada Mexico
1. New semester has started at the college. Pray for the students as they study Gods word that they would be drawn into a deeper relationship with Him.
Leo and Pilar – Email Blog
Jon and Allison Brechtel – Oaxaca, Mexico
1. Please pray for Jon as he’s teaching classes more often, that he’ll be able to balance all of the studying out with family time and We just started our second semester of the Church Planting course at CC Rosarito. Please pray that we’ll learn more each week and that we’ll improve in our weekly messages that we prepare, especially Allison because this is all new to
her as far as speaking in front of adults. She’s used to kiddos.
2. We will be going on our vision trip in October, so please pray that the trip will be fruitful as we pray for where the Lord will have us move and plant the church next year.
3. We are still praying for a worship leader to go to Oaxaca with us when we plant the church.
Thank you for lifting us in prayer as we serve here in Rosarito and prepare for Oaxaca!
Deanna Jevas – Tijuana, Mexico
1. Please pray for WISDOM from the Lord and leadership skills here with the children’s ministry and the after school program. Also, good organizational skills
Mike and Erin Thiemann – California, USA
1. I will be traveling to Thailand in September. I’ve been invited to teach at the Calvary Chapel Missions Conference in Chiang Mia. Please pray that the Lord anoints the teaching of His Word. I will also be traveling to other locations in Asia after the conference. Please forgive the ambiguity, but please pray for that trip.
2. Pray for wisdom and guidance as I plan to travel to Peru in January or February. We will be hosting (Lord willing) a prayer retreat for our SGWM missionaries down there, as well as, scouting out the area for a high school/young adult missions trip I will be leading in June/July of 2019.
3. Pray for wisdom for me as I lead SGWM. We are growing in leaps and bounds and God is radically blessing.
4. As a new school year is starting, please pray for Erin and our kids.
5. Please pray for Erin’s photography business. It is steadily growing. Pray for more clients and that the Lord would use her not just to bring in extra income but as a ministry opportunity.
6. Please pray for our financial support. Erin and I do live on missionary support as U.S. based missionaries.
Cory and Danielle Kilgus
1. We recently had a gospel invasion in Trujillo, Peru with many outreaches including an outreach concert, a crusade, Kids VBS, street evangelism and much more. Please pray for fruit that remains and disciples of Christ. That the seed of the Word would find good soil and produce 100 fold.
Brad and Melissa Miller – Amazon Jungle, Brazil
1. For the Apurina people, the church leaders, those seeking to grow in the Lord and those who are still lost.2. For our family. Brad, Melissa, Andrea, Josiah, Veronica, Benjamin and our married eldest son Jr and his wife Ashley and family. Jr and Ashley are expecting their 2nd child in September.Thank you for your prayers.In Christ,
Brad and Melissa Miller – Email Blog
Pankaj, Tonielle, Levi, and Baby #2 – South Asia
-We are so grateful that we have a God that knows our needs and hears our cries! We are also grateful for all of the amazing people He has placed in our lives who come along side of us to lift up our prayers.
1. Please Pray that the Nepali government is implementing new laws against Christianity. There are still a lot of unanswered questions as to what this means and how/if it will affect our ministry. At this point, we are not too concerned and are continuing to move forward in the work that God has called us to do, but we are also asking for wisdom in how to keep our students, ministry workers, and staff safe.
2. We are still having issues with Tonielle and Levi’s long term visa. At this point, our lawyer is only able to get 3 month visas for us and not able to get the 1 year visa. While it is good that we can still stay in the country, it is much more expensive and stressful to have to go through the renewal process every 2-3 months at a time. Please pray that God will provide a way for the government to approve a 1 year visa for us.
3. In case you didn’t see on Facebook or our newsletter, Baby Sarkar #2 is on the way!! He or she is due in the end of February 2019. We are very excited for this new gift of life but also a bit nervous for the transition into being a family of 4. Please keep this pregnancy in your prayers and please pray for us as we prepare for this big change in our lives.
Thank you for your prayers!
Anand and Usha Choudhary – Asia
2. Please pray for our Family health.
3. Please pray for our Bible study service that people may be saved and grow in Him.
4. Please pray for that young people to whom we are disciplining that God may strengthen them daily.
5. Please pray for our Bible school that God may provide its needs and its facilities.
6. Please pray for our Bible school Student as they are coming from remote village for safe journey.
7. Please pray for our personal financial need and financial needs for youth conference and Inductive Bible Study.
8. Please pray that God may provide me MacBook laptop with logos bible software,which may help me in the ministry.
Thank you and God bless
Anand, Usha and family – Email
A.G. and J.G. – South Asia
1. Please pray for South Asia some areas have been completely flooded and people’s homes have been destroyed.2. Please pray for us that God would continue to open up the minds of the students to understand the Word.3. Pray also that we would go on being more conformed to Christ. Relying on Him more and more.Thank you for your faithful prayersGrace and Peace,
Darryl and Kayo Record – Cambodia
Thank you for your faithful prayers. God is moving. Please continue to pray for us and for many other missionaries around the world.
1. Please continue to pray for Darryl’s Christian Apologetics/Media Ministry. He just released a video entitled “Science in the Bible” in the Cambodian language. Pray that it will be used to reach the lost and encourage Christians in their faith.
2. Please pray for our long-term financial needs. Much of our financial support comes from senders who are retired or retiring. Some of them may not be able to continue supporting our ministry much longer. Please pray that God will raise up a new generation of financial partners for us.
3. Please pray for Kayo’s partnership with Precious Women Ministry, a Cambodian-founded ministry that evangelizes young Cambodian women who are trapped working in bars and night-clubs and re-trains them for long-term careers in other fields.
4. Please pray for Darryl’s parents (both in their 80’s). Darryl’s mother is in the nursing home and Darryl’s Father’s health is okay but he is gradually getting weaker too.
Thanks and God Bless,
Bond, Heather and Breanna Gaona – South Asia
1. Pray for the people in South Asia who are affected by the flooding and have lost loved ones and property. Pray that it would be an opportunity to share the love of Jesus with people.
D.K. – South Asia
2. Pray for sister J and her husband, new at our church. Pray for their spiritual growth.
3. Pray for brother R who is a young man in my church; he decided to be baptized.
4. A very important prayer requests is for the completion of the house we meet in for church services. This Sunday it was raining heavily, and we could not sit properly because the roof was leaking. We also need to get some instruments for our church, so please pray for them also.
5. Please pray for sister S who is ready to be baptized. May the Lord help her.
6. Pray for my family; they are so far from salvation. May God open their eyes.
Pastor D.K. and family – Blog
R.M. (1) – South Asia
1. Pray for me that I may have wisdom and knowledge to do the work of God that He has entrusted to me.
2. Pray for my health.
3. Pray for the pastors with whom I have been working that they may be good shepherds. And for all the believers who are coming to faith through them.
4. Pray that we may get right students for the School who are truly committed for the gospel.
5. Pray for my financial needs.
Pastor R.M. – Blog
P.M. and V.M. – South Asia
1. This year, we have 17 students: 11 men and 6 women. These students are mostly new believers. Some of them are the only believers in their families. They have amazing testimonies. It is not easy to become a Christian here. It is to take up your cross and follow the Lord. Please pray for these students and their parents as they suffer for their faith!
God bless you,
P.M. and V.M. – Email
P.K. – South Asia
Ministry is going well by God’s grace. I am visiting believers and discipling them.
-I mentioned one time about a girl (K) who has tuberculosis. Last month, she went to the hospital for to be tested again, and she received a report that the results were normal. Thank the Lord for her healing, and also thank you for your prayers! She is really happy to get healed.
-The girl who had meningitis is doing well now. Thank you for praying for her.
1. I am discipling a man; his name P, and he is doing really well. He needs a study Bible. Please pray that God will provide a study Bible.
2. Please pray for the believers who come from so far even when the road is really dangerous because of the heavy monsoon rain. Please pray for their commitment and for God’s protection.
3. My motorcycle is not working properly because it was wrecked 2-3 times. I had it repaired, but it is still unreliable for taking on long trips to visit the believers. I am trying to sell this bike and praying that it will sell for a good price. Please pray for this; it is part of our ministry.
4. Pray for a group of women that I shared the Gospel with many times; pray that God will touch their hearts.
5. Pray for the road conditions during monsoon (rainy/flooding) season>
Thank you for your prayers!
God bless you,
R.K. – South Asia
2. Please pray that I may share God’s Word faithfully. I am so thankful to God for the opportunities He is giving me!
3. Please pray that God may use us here more, that we can go to more people to share His Word.
God bless you,
Pastor R.K. – Blog
S.K. – South Asia
1. Please pray for me to grow in the Lord.2. Please pray that God will use me in my village.3. Please pray for my safety during this season of flooding.Thank you! God bless you,
Pastor S.K. – Blog
R.M. (2) – South Asia
-Praise God for His faithfulness and love in my life.
-Praise God for His protection from my neighbor and anti-Christian groups.
-Praise God for growing believers in the Word of God.
-Praise God for using me to share the Good News in the unreachable villages.
1. Please continue pray for the men who put false charges against my parents. Last month, the man said he would compromise, but he did not show up in court. The next hearing is on August 27. Please pray for him, that he will come to court. His name is B.D.
2. Please continue pray for local pastors who are still suffering from the anti-Christian groups
3. Please pray for a man S.C.; he is member of an anti-Christian group. He came to my home to get information about all of the churches, but I did not tell him anything.
4. Please pray for the registration of my church. If anyone puts false charges against us, this could help us to be released from prison on bail.
5. Please pray for financial needs for a youth retreat, women’s conference and local pastors meeting.
Thanks for your prayers and partnership for the Gospel!
God bless you!
R.M. (2) – Blog
R.K.(2) – South Asia
1. This semester I am teaching from 1 & 2 Samuel; it is going well. We are learning many interesting things from the Old Testament.
2. Please pray that the Holy Spirit would bless me with good applications while I prepare for the classes.
Pastor R.K. (2) – Blog
J.E. – South Asia
2. Pray for the local saints here to mature and trust God more.
3. Our local missionary sister from the USA needs healing & salvation prayers for her father, Mr. Perez, who is experiencing kidney-failure.
4. Our landlord’s wife, Mrs. R, is gravely ill and in the hospital and we promised him that we would add her to our prayers.
5. My sister is seeking proposals for a husband (arranged marriage) and our family would love to be prayed over for her desires in her future spouse and a blessed Christ-centered marriage.
6. Please uphold Pastor JE and his ministry team’s health always as conditions are harsh and outreach is not always safe.
God bless you,
Pastor J.E. – Blog
W.J. – South Asia
2. Please pray for a man we know who is praying about starting a home fellowship. Please pray for him and his family as they work in God’s vineyard.
3. I have recently been very ill with food poisoning, but praise the Lord, He has healed me! Please be praying for me as I am still suffering from extreme fatigue since this illness, feeling easily exhausted after doing things.
4. I am now back at the school and have been teaching the Word from the Book of Genesis and Systematic Theology. I have also been overseeing the kitchen and its maintenance. Please pray for wisdom and understanding, peace, humility and grace and love with all that needs to be done.
God bless you,
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.” – Hebrews 13:3
Thank you for praying! Your prayers are impacting lives and helping “Reach the Nations…One Soul at a Time”