It is hard to believe we are already in the middle of March!! In just six, short, months, we will be on our way to Nepal!! There is still a lot of preparation that we have to do before we can move, but we are slowly and surely making progress! We are hoping to begin our full-time ministry in Nepal by September 1.
One major hurdle that we need to pass is to apply for Pankaj’s Green Card to be extended and for the restrictions to be removed. Since he came over here on a Fiancé Visa, he was only given a 2-year Green Card with “restrictions” on it. By law, we are required to apply in July to get the restrictions removed and to get a 10-year Green Card for him. The application process is fairly easy; it just requires a good amount of money and time. It is the after affects that could cause a problem with our departure date. Application processing times could take a few months or even up to one year – obviously, we are praying for it to take the shortest amount of time possible.
The good news, regarding us leaving the country, is we have officially registered our School of Worship as a 501-c3, here in the States. Now, Pankaj will be allowed to travel outside the country for a longer amount of time due to the fact that an American business (our School of Worship) will be sending him to Nepal to teach and run the school. That is a huge blessing to us!
In other news, we will be hosting our second annual Pure Worship Conference and Outreach Concert in Kathmandu (Nepal’s capital city) at the end of September! We are still putting together the team and praying over the details for everyone coming out for this trip. If you have a heart for missions and/or worship, we would like to encourage you to pray about joining us this year! The dates for the trip are scheduled for September 20 – October 3. For more information about the trip, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can give you more details.
Please join us in praying for everything that needs to be done. Below are some specific prayer requests:
- Pray for the spiritual growth of the youth in Nepal.
- Pray for the Nepali government to become more stable.
- Pray that the people of Nepal would be more open to the Gospel.
- Pray for people’s hearts to be stirred to come on a mission trip with us.
- Pray that we are able to raise enough money for the Green Card application ($600 filing fee)
- Pray that there are no complications with Pankaj’s Green Card application in July and that we receive the new card before our departure date on September 1st.
- Pray for monthly financial partners for our ministries.
- Pray for God to provide these specific ministry items needed: musical instruments, sound system, camera, vehicle in Nepal, housing in Nepal, building for the School of Worship