Mitch and Christine Sorensen – Nice, France
-Praises for answered prayers. We are having more opportunities to serve. Christine is teaching French to an Iranian church and I am facilitating a day of prayer. We are both working with people that are having problems in their lives.
1. Please pray for more strength to do the work that God has called us to and healings in our bodies.
2. As the days get darker, we will be lights in our city and to people that we encounter.
That I will get to a language level so that I can share the Gospel clearly and competently.
For Revival in the churches in Nice and all of France. That people will see the need to know Him and make Him known.
3. For our provision in every area. Spiritually, Physically, Mentally, and Emotionally.
Thank you for your prayers.
S.S. – Europe
-I am so thankful for your prayers. God has been answering many prayers last month and especially those ones concerning the youth Bible study with the international and German students, and my lack the energy that is needed to do the things I am doing.
1. This month I wish you could please pray for the Syrian refugees as Germany is taking new restricting procedure that makes their life here difficult. Since 2016 the authorities are only giving many of them a one year protection, which prevents them from bringing their kids or spouses that are still in Syria. We have in our Church two families are suffering that: a mom that can’t bring her 3 years old girl, and a family that can’t bring their 18 years old daughter (she just turned 18 years old and because of that she can’t be accepted to join her parents).
2. Please pray for the gospel to be preached openly with Muslim refugees, and that the Churches here in Germany have wisdom on how to reach out to them and bring the gospel closer to their understanding. And for me that I have grace and guidance from the Lord whenever I talk to them in my daily contact.
3. Lastly I wish you could pray for my health. I have been having shoulder pain since a year, and it is only getting worst. I did physiotherapy and gymnastic but it keeps coming back again. Enduring the pain can be done with pain killers until it starts to hinder my daily activities when it causes dizziness and insomnia. Please pray that God give me wisdom in knowing what can I do.
S. S. – Email
Brian and Jill Kanyike – Kampala, Uganda
1. Please also pray for her eyes they have been swollen and Dr wants her to see an optomologist.
2. Pray for Brian as he is back in Uganda doing ministry. And putting things in order before he travels back again in Nov.
3. Pray for Jill and kids as they are in states alone till Brian gets back. Pray they’ll get lots of school accomplished and have fun.
4. Pray for everyone that is helping out both in Uganda and on the stateside.
5. Please continue to pray for provision to cover tickets, travel and Dr expenses while they are in USA.
Thank you for praying for the Kanyike family and for the ministry in Uganda.
Dave and Twinkle Zavala – Nairobi, Kenya
2. Please pray that K would return to the Lord.
3. Please pray that God would give the Zavalas wisdom and guidance with the various ministries of Calvary Chapel Nairobi.
Matthew and Noelle Harris – Gulu, Uganda
Thank you all so much for the investment into our family’s life through prayer!
– God helped our class of pastors to see Christ as the substance and fulfiller of the law as they studied through Leviticus this month.
– God has opened up the opportunity to disciple a young man, Daniel, who works with our ministry.
1. That God would continue to give us wisdom for teaching, discipling, and living in a foreign culture; and strength for this ongoing task.
2. That God would enable Daniel to understand the Bible as he walks through it with Matt, and that Matt would be sensitive to the Spirit’s leading concerning their time together.
3. Please pray for our children as we train and discipline them. In any culture this can be difficult, but the lack of appropriate discipline in the community makes it uniquely hard to teach our kids right from wrong. Pray for grace for us too, as we parent them.
Thank you for your faithful prayers!
HisKids – Joe and Lisa Horner – S. Sudan, Uganda and Haiti
Hiskids was able to respond the trifecta of tragedy in Haiti recently. On Oct 6th Port de Paix Haiti was struck by a 5.9 earthquake. Less than 24 hours later the same area was hit with another 5.2 quake. The normal response to this is for the people to go outside and sleep on the streets. The problem was that what would be hurricane Michael was blowing through the area leaving the people cold, wet and fearing for their lives. Our HisKids donors stepped up to the plate and gave over $12,000 and a team was went to the area to help. Through this effort we are rebuilding homes and mobilizing the church in the process. As a result, we are now building relationships to reach this area of Northern Haiti with the gospel. We hope to plant churches as a result. Please continue to pray for us as we see God’s hand moving in this country. We feel like we are just trying to keep up with Him.
Thank you for faithfully praying for us!
North and Central America
Joel and Amy Garcia – California, USA
1. Please pray for our family, including baby #4 who is on the way! We found out in September that Amy is pregnant and due in the Spring of 2019. Pray for healthy baby, a smooth pregnancy for Amy, and smooth adjustments for the family. We are also really ramping up our prayers that the Lord would provide resources and opportunity for a larger living space, prayerfully a house with a backyard.
2. We are also starting a homeschool/charter program for Maggie (4) this year, so please pray for a great learning experience for her, as well as for Amy and I as we learn how to facilitate a great education for our kids.
3. Please pray for Joel’s very full schedule with Worship Ministry, Young Adults Ministry, Life Groups, teaching a weekly Joshua class overseas via Skype, and now going through a School of Ministry every Thursday night.
4. Please pray for wisdom for upcoming international trips for Joel, that he would be able to discern God’s will on how many and which trips to go on.
5. Please pray for continued financial support, both monthly donors and finances to do some traveling for SGWM.
Jon and Allison Brechtel – Oaxaca, Mexico
-We have a couple in Oaxaca City who are going to be a huge blessing to our church plant…a worship leader and a female translator for Allison!!!
1. Please pray that we’d be able to find a house in Oaxaca City for when we move in January.
2. Smooth transition as we really begin preparing to move.
3. That our team would grow closer and closer to the Lord and each other.
Thank you for keeping our family and ministry in prayer. We are blessed to be covered by the prayers of the saints!
Jana Sandbulte – Indiana, USA
1. Please pray for the SGWM Pastors in South Asia and that my family would be an encouragement and blessing to them.
2. Please pray for my family’s health this winter, and for our spiritual growth.
3. Please pray that God will heal my mom’s cancer completely and give her a long, healthy life
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Joni Houser – Indiana, USA
2. My mom is having a third surgery for cancer treatment. Please pray that God would give the doctors wisdom, keep my mom safe, and help her to heal completely and quickly.
3. Please pray that the Gospel will be spread throughout South Asia.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Deanna Jevas – Tijuana, Mexico
1. I need prayer for physical healing. I have so many things going on right now, a lot of arthritis under my right kneecap due to major surgery from back in 1985. I would love a knee replacement but I think I’m too young! I don’t want to take pills! I also have food issues, I just don’t feel well most of the time, with heavy fatigue and feet pain!
2. For leadership skills that I so lack! I need WISDOM from the Lord! I just want to serve him, but it can be so difficult with so many different personalities and so forth. Just wish that we can all love everyone where they are at in their walk, not where they should be, as Jesus does with us!
3. For an explosion of the Holy Spirit here at CC Pedregales and for growth in our church with more adults and children attending and giving their lives over to Jesus without reserve, or embarrassment of what others may think.
Thank you for your prayers for me and the children and people of Tijuana
Mike and Sarah Vincent – Rosarito, Mexico
2. That God would provide financially for our sanctuary addition building project and new patios!
3. That God would help us disciple those that profess faith at our services!
Thank you for your prayers!
Leo and Pilar Gray – Ensenada Mexico
2. Leo has a follow up Doctors appointment for an esophageal ulcer. Please pray for complete recovery and healing.
3. One of our sons wife is having a baby in early December and another son is getting married December 31. Please pray for them.
4. Leo is going on a mission trip with the students in early October to Mazatlán. Pray for safe travels and fruitful ministry for the trip.
5. We are working on a addition to our home – an extra bedroom and larger living area – so we can have guests stay with us. Please pray that we would have the funds to complete the addition
Thanks for your prayers.
Tim Pappas – California, USA
2. Please pray for me to Hear the leading of the Lord in ministry and relationships
3. Please pray for my finances as the savings are dwindling and raising support is not going so well
Thanks for praying!
The Buescher Family – Cajamarca, Peru
1. Please pray for the last few weeks of the semester, we finish out November 16. So many of the students that we have really grown to love are going to be graduating and transitioning to the various things God has called them to. It is always a beautiful thing, but also a hint of sadness to see them go.
2. Pray for us as we try and get packed and organized for our trip to the states. We will be traveling for two months, and with five kids in tow, that’s never a simple thing.
3. Pray that God would open doors for us to meet with lots of people while stateside and to strengthen relationships with ministry partners.
Thank you for your prayers!
Brad and Melissa Miller – Amazon Jungle, Brazil
1. The Apurina people, both in Vila Nova and in Aldeia Nova where we are planting a church. Pray for the leaders of each congregation, the new believers, and the leadership of the villages.
2. Our planning and preparations for the next 6 months which includes the following. Our monthly trips to the villages and the teaching and preaching associated with this. A small group from the U.S. in February. A possible trip to the U.S. to visit our supporters in March. Another group from the U.S. in July. The construction of the church building in Aldeia Nova in July.
3. Our family. Brad’s lessons and vision. Melissa’s lessons with home school and with the women of the villages. Andrea, our eldest daughter, Junior, our eldest son and his family, Josiah, Veronica and Benjamin.
Thank you for faithfully prying for us!
John and Natalia Gunderson – Cajamarca, Peru
-It’s been such a blessing these past couple weeks. We had our first missionary experience as a church and it went really well. Our fist mission trip brought our church closer in unity, also we had two baptisms! The Lord is good!
1. Prayer for spiritual protection as our church is always facing attacks.
2. Our women’s retreat that is coming up on the weekend of the 26,27 of October.
3. Wisdom and guidance as we look to move into a new church location.
4. Our little 3 year old Emily, she struggles still with choking and we want to pray that God completely heals her of this.
Thank you so much for your time praying for us. Thank you for helping us. We really appreciate it.
May the Lord bless you!
Cory and Danielle Kilgus – Trujillo, Peru
1. Please pray for our discipleship classes that we are doing in the next month. Pastor Cory will be teaching the distinctive of Calvary Chapel and Pastor Carlos Casco will be teaching the Inductive Bible Study Method.
2. Please pray for the 2nd church plant in Huanchaco, Peru that God would place a pastor there. There is a sweet little fellowship with a location. The harvest is ripe, but the laborers are few!
3. Please pray for a discipleship house/Bible sacho. We are praying to rent a house or possible buy property.
4. Please pray for health in our family and for our dog who was at the Vet 3x last week. Our daughter Abby has been praying for her puppy as well.
A.G. and J.G. – South Asia
1. Please be praying for our time of traveling to India and Nepal that we would be a blessing and an encouragement for the Church serving in these areas.
2. Please pray that those pastors and leaders may continue to Stand for Christ and that their efforts to spread the Gospel may be effective in saving many.
The Lord uses your prayers in our lives, thank you for standing and interceding on our behalf.
Grace and Peace,
A and J – Email
Anand and Usha Choudhary – South Asia
2. Please pray for Calvary Chapel Pastoral Training School in Kathmandu for the Student that they may Worship God in Spirit and Truth.
3. Please Pray for Calvary Chapel Pastoral Training School in Kathmandu for Good facilities for the student in coming days.
4. Please pray for the young people in our community to whom we are serving that they may grow in Christ.
5. Please pray for me and my family for good health,Wisdom & knowledge and strength so that we can serve him continually.
Thank you and God bless,
Anand, Usha and family – Email
Bond, Heather and Breanna Gaona – South Asia
-Praise God for His provision for the ministry campus in South Asia. We were able to make many purchases this month for much needed ministry supplies.
-Praise God for new students that He is bringing from all over S. Asia to study the Word and be trained. Pray for God to give each of the students understanding, wisdom and a deep love for God’s Word.
1. Pray for relief efforts as we take students to minister to those effected by the floods in S. Asia.
2. Pray for our family to be filled with joy and love as we share Jesus in S. Asia.
Blessed by your prayers,
P.M. and V.M. – South Asia
2. God to give us and the students good health.
3. God to provide all of our financial needs and physical needs.
Thank you so much for partnering with us through your prayers.
God bless you,
P.M. and V.M. – Email
Darryl and Kayo Record – Cambodia
1. Thank you for your prayers. God is moving in Cambodia and in our ministries here. Last month we asked for prayer regarding a huge emergency need for monthly financial support. We praise God that our financial situation is turning around. Please continue to pray that God will raise up a larger new generation of regular financial partners who will be able to offset the retirement and heavenly graduations of our senders who are in their sunset years.
2. Please pray for Kayo’s Japanese Life Group Ministry. A Japanese Christian factory manager and his family have been going through a very difficult time as the result of the recent onset of his serious mental illness. He has lost his job and must return to Japan for additional treatment. Kayo and two other Japanese couples have been caring for this family, including the wife and two children, one of which attends Benjamin’s Christian school. We have arranged for the wife and two young children to rent a small apartment in our building for a month while she sells and ships her belongings and makes arrangements to return to Japan.
3. Please pray for Darryl’s www.internationalfishers.com/khmer video ministry. Mek, the professional narrator who has been volunteering to record Darryl’s evangelistic-apologetics video scripts int he Cambodian language has gotten very busy with work and his wife has just had their second baby so it is impossible for him to find enough “quiet time” at home to make any recordings for a while. Darryl has partnered, with two younger Cambodians who have a ministry called True Media to record his video scripts. Darryl has about 4 scripts already translated and the several outlines for future scripts already researched. In the meantime, he is posting Cambodian language blog posts on and developing the International Fishers website and social media pages.
4. Please pray for Darryl’s dad. Darryl’s mom passed away the end of September and her funeral was October 1. Please pray for Darryl’s dad to have wisdom, health, joy, and strength as he begins this new chapter of life after 59 years of marriage.
5. Please pray for God to open and close the doors for Darryl to minister to people in addition to the Cambodians, which are his main focus. God has been opening doors for Darryl to encourage and equip Chinese, Pakistani, Indian, Canadian, and Japanese Christians especially in the areas of apologetics and evangelism. New opportunities are developing. Please pray for wisdom, strength, and grace.
Thanks for your prayers. May God bless and strengthen you as you reach out to your own mission-field, whether it be across the breakfast table, across the street, or around the world.
Nadeem and Farah Massey – Pakistan
1. Please pray for Mr. Arif, an important member of our team. He is suffering from Diabetes and now his both eyes are affected by cataract. We need your prayers and support for his surgery in few weeks and to help him get good needed diet.
2. Pray for our son Jared who has severe sore throat and flu as the weather is changing. Last year had had pneumonia in these days.
3. As the year is ending, we will need to pay the house and office rent for the year 2019, we want to request you to pray for the financial support of $2500 to pay our house/office rent for next year.
4. We are also in need of $1500 to get my book “Christian Apologetics” in Urdu language to be printed. Please keep this need also in prayer.
5. Just like last year we wish to arrange a Christmas party for the “Brickmakers” we want to bless them with some food supplies and warm clothes. Please pray for provision and support as Holy Spirit guides.
Thank you very much
D.K. – South Asia
2. Please pray for me that I will be faithful towards the ministry.
3. Please pray for a piece of land for us to have permanent worship services on.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Pastor D.K. and family – Blog
R.M. (1) – South Asia
2. For the students at the Pastors School, that they may grow in the Lord.
3. I faced some issue with the government regarding the work we are doing. Pray that nothing will stop God’s work here in this part of
4. This week, I will be teaching at my church’s annual conference.
Pray that God will use me.
R.M. – Blog
P.K. – South Asia
2. Please pray for the believers who I disciple, that they would grow in their love and knowledge of God and His Word.
Thank you for your continued prayers and financial support.
God bless you,
P.K – Blog
R.K. – South Asia
2. Please pray for my family, that they will grow more in Christ.
3. Please pray for our health training. We are now finished with the health training! Please pray that we will be able to use this training in ministry.
Thank you for your faithful prayers!
God bless you,
Pastor R.K. – Blog
S.K. – South Asia
-Praise the Lord, our trip to the new place went well. Please pray that many will come to know the Lord there.
Please continue to pray for my family and ministry.
Please pray for safety.
Please pray for those who I have shared the Gospel with, but who are not yet believing. Pray that they will come to know the truth and believe.
Thank you for all of your prayers!
God bless you,
Pastor S.K. – Blog
R.M. (2) – South Asia
2. Please continue to pray for the false charges of the police case against my parents!
3. Please pray for the safety of my family!
4. Please pray for more people who are wanting to be baptized. We are planning to wait until after November 10, because this time of year is full of Hindu festivals. Please pray for their safety.
5. Please pray for the financial needs for our Christmas lunch.
Thanks for your prayers and support!
God bless you!
R.M. (2) – Blog
R.K.(2) – South Asia
2. Please pray for the seeds of the Gospel that were sown during our flood relief work in our area. Pray that many will give their lives to the Lord.
3. This semester I am teaching 1 & 2 Samuel. Please pray that the Lord will help me as I study and teach His Word.
Pastor R.K. (2) – Blog
J.E. – South Asia
2. Pray for our evangelistic efforts in two new areas to yield salvation and start-up campuses.
3. Pray for God to send trained men to help pioneer the new campuses for church-planting at the right time.
4. Pray for a way and a place for CC South Asia to have a building/property of its own with room for all the believers to attend.
5. Pray for brother A.B. as he studies at CCBC to be transformed, equipped and clearly called for the ministry.
6. Pray for me to stay physically healthy, as I’ve been sick frequently and I also need to exercise more regularly.
7. Pray for me to stay encouraged and uplifted in the absence of my ministry partners.
8. We need 20 chairs in our church. Please pray that God provides.
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers!
God bless you,
Pastor J.E. – Blog
W.J. – South Asia
2. Please pray that I will be able to fulfill all of my responsibilities in a way that glorifies God most.
God bless you,
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.” – Hebrews 13:3
Thank you for praying! Your prayers are impacting lives and helping
“Reach the Nations…One Soul at a Time”.