Just wanted to give you a little more information about our trip to South Asia. IT’S JUST AROUND THE CORNER! I mean, it’s coming soon and it seems to be picking up speed.
There will be eight of us going, four pastors, two really cool young men with a radical heart for the Lord, and two of the sweetest, godly, on fire women that I know. It’s a blessing to be part of this group. I think God has great things in store for us during the three weeks in June we are away.
The purpose of the trip has many aspects.
- We will be doing two Pastors’ Conferences. The theme is “Shepherds After God’s Heart” taken from Acts 20:17-38. They will be two day conferences, five teachings a day, with translation. We are expecting between 35 and 70 pastors from all over South Asia to attend. Some of the pastors will be traveling for 30-40 hours by train just to get there.
- Our heart is to pour into these guys who are serving the Lord in very remote locations among people, who many, if not all of them, have never even heard the name of Jesus. We’re going to meet with these pastors, eat with them, minister to them, encourage them in the faith and have Q&A panels where they can ask questions about whatever is on their hearts. IT WILL BE GREAT!
- We will be having a Ribbon Cutting and Open House at one of the new Bible Colleges to kick off it’s Grand Opening. This will include a BBQ and community outreach with soccer games and the like.
- We’re going to travel to some of the remote locations and meet and minster to some of the pastors and see where they are serving.
- We are going to meet with the pastors at the Bible Colleges and Pastors’ Colleges and hammer out the final details of the upcoming school year, talk about curriculum, and encourage the staff.
- We want to be a blessing to these wonderful men and women who are serving on the front lines. Serving in hostile regions of the world, risking serious persecution. We want to love on them in the name Jesus and bless them, be there for them and send them off encouraged and strengthened to continue the work and press forward for the Kingdom, taking new ground, seeing people saved.
Please pray for us, pray for the conferences, pray for traveling mercies and protection from sickness and the schemes of the Devil to cause division among the team.
Please pray for our finances also. I have only been able to raise about one third of the cost for the trip. Tina and I are trusting God to provide, but the trip is right around the corner and coming fast. I still need to raise about $2000 by the end of the month.
I also wanted to share with you how the classes went that I taught. Over the last two semesters I taught through the Gospel of John and the Book of Daniel. They drank it up. And not just my teachings, but the teachings each of the other pastors gave. We had American pastors teaching five days a week, in the morning their time. That was followed by our in country staff teaching five days a week in the afternoons.
It’s really cool, in that, in an area of the world that is becoming increasingly difficult for us to travel to, I sat at my desk, opened my computer, got out my Bible and a few other books and notes, and Skyped them.
This is what I saw on the other end.
And this is what it looked like from their side.
It’s amazing to realize that nothing can chain the Word of God! No Government, no false religion, nothing! Nations can try to ban the spread of God’s Word, satan can try to keep it from people, but “…the Word of God is not chained” (2 Tim 2:9). We’ll just Skype in if we have to!
Thirdly, and finally, I wanted to share with you about our new grandson. Tina and I are smitten! He’s so cute! Of course, we think he is the cutest baby ever! Good job Ashley and Elijah!
He’s now just seven weeks old. And he’s a happy baby. Tina was there for the birth and stayed up in the Seattle area with Ashley to help her and Elijah adjust. I got to go up there a few weeks ago and meet him.
I got to tell you, I’m a BABY WHISPERER. When he’s not doing so well, when he’s a little gassy or he’s having a hard time, just give him to me and he’ll be out in no time. Maybe he’s heard my teaching before? Maybe that’s it, I’m just boring?
It was so hard to leave them. But what a blessing to our family. Little Noah Knepper.
So please pray.
- Pray for the trip
- Pray for the pastors
- Pray for the conference
- Pray for our health
- Pray for the funds I need for the trip
- Pray about being a financial partner with me for this trip
- Pray for our family while I am gone
- Pray for God’s blessing and covering on little Noah
As always, I am so thankful for your support, prayers, friendship and love. I thank God that we have friends and family like you. God bless you. I look forward to telling you all the wonderful things God is going to do.
Gary and Tina Barrow