Rebecca Alaniz – Zagreb, Croatia
-My parents came to visit and we had such a good time together!
-The Lord opened the door to return back into a Roma Village, once a month.
-I’m making friends!
-The Lord continues to confirm the call on my life.
1. Language Learning: I’m still struggling with grasping the language. Pray that the Lord would help me grasp the language and that He would give me a desire to study it.
2. Roma Ministry: Pray that the Lord would give me guidance and wisdom in regards to working in the Roma village. Pray for our relationships with the Roma people.
3. Increase in my monthly financial support: I am about 2/3rds of being fully funded! Praise the Lord. Pray that the Lord would bring the other 1/3rd in His perfect timing.
4. Growth for our church in prayer, fellowship, giving and unity
S.S. – Europe
1. A young Kurdish man (18 years old), who is recently converted and has fear from his family’s reaction. I hope you could pray for peace from God to his heart and that he could grow in Christ even with the opposition.
2. My Syrian friend is going to have a surgery next week where they will fix metal plates in her backbone, which was injured by a bomb in the war. The surgery itself is complicated and my friend is afraid to get paralyzed, which is a high chance in such surgery. I hope you could pray for God’s hand on the surgeons and that she will know Jesus as the living God in this situation.
3. I hope you could also pray for the Muslim community in Germany while they fast this month (Ramadan). That God fights this deception and shows His light and truth to them, and that we, His church, be a faithful testimony for His cross.
Thank you very much and be blessed.
S. S. – Email
Vincent and Melissa Aniku – Midigo, Uganda
1. Please pray for the spiritual warfare around us and our health.
2. Pray as we start construction on the library. Praise God we got the approval from the government.
3. Pray as our Ugandan children go back to school.
Thank you all so much!
Brian and Jill Kanyike – Uganda, Africa
1. Please pray for the upcoming women’s retreat in Fort Portal. It will be 2 nights. Pray for Jill as she prepares 3 teachings.
2. Pray for Brian as he will be teaching the Sunday service at CC Fort Portal.
3. Pray for Jill’s women’s Bible study as their current study is coming to an end. Pray for the Lord to direct her on what she should study and teach next.
4. Praise report, the Lord has provided for latrines to be built in Bukuya village. Pray for the work to be done correctly and honestly.
5. Pray for a little boy in our church called Joshua whose foot was broken and due to lack of medical care it began to heal abnormally. Pray for Arise Christian Fellowship to help him to get the treatment he needs and the provision to cover expenses.
6. Pray for health for the Kanyike family and for the visitors that come through the guest house.
7. Pray for all the ministries of Arise Christian Fellowship and for Brian as he pastors and leads the ministry leaders.
Thank you for praying for the Kanyike family and for the ministry in Uganda.
God bless you,
Brian, Jill, Luke, Laylee and Liana – Email Blog
Matthew and Noelle Harris – Gulu, Uganda
– For Matthew’s safety and time over a short trip to Mexico to celebrate his brothers wedding. He was very blessed from it all.
– That rains have finally come here! Due in March, rainy season delayed to come until now.
– For the graduation of the first set of pastors in our Discipleship Class!
1. For the people to plant well this season to make up for lost time, and that God would supply their needs during the coming hungry months as they wait for a harvest.
2. That our first class of pastors, now graduated, would continue in the Word of God, stand firm in what He says, and lead their congregations well in teaching them also.
3. For Noelle, as she plans a short visit home later this summer. Please pray for the hearts of Noelle’s family, and her fathers health, as his state continues to deteriorate with Alzheimer’s.
Thank you for joining us in lifting up these burdens, and for celebrating what He has already done!
We appreciate you,
Matt, Noelle, Emma, Madeline and Noah! – Email Blog
Dave and Twinkle Zavala – Nairobi, Kenya
1. Please pray that God would help the Zavalas sell their 4 puppies this week before we leave for the States early next week.
2. Please pray for God’s provision for the Zavala family during their furlough as they have to continue paying bills in Kenya and will have living expenses in the States.
3. Please pray for healing for Brenda, who was recently diagnosed with COPD.
4. Please pray that God would guide Pastor. Michael as he pastors CC Nairobi while Pastor Dave will be on furlough.
5. Please pray for Wendy and Brenda as they oversee Children’s Ministry at CC Nairobi while Twinkle will be away.
6. Please pray for Kaleche that God would help her through her present trials.
Thank you for your faithful prayers!
Gary and Tina Barrow – California, USA
1. We are getting ready to start a new semester of the Calvary Chapel Bible College South Asia. The semester will run from July 8th through October 30th. The classes offered this semester are The Gospel of Mark, The Prison Epistles, The Pastoral Epistles, Hebrews, Proverbs, Church History, Practical Christian Ministry, New Testament Survey (Matthew – Acts) and an Evening Chapel.
– Please pray that God would lead us to the right teachers, and that He would gift and anoint those teachers for the work of this ministry.
– Please pray that this semester will progress without any technical difficulties. (Often we have internet issues that can cause interruptions.)
– Pray for the students, that God would pour out His Spirit on them without measure and give them burning hearts to share Christ and plant churches among the unreached of the world.
– This semester will be the first semester that we try to teach at two of our locations simultaneously. Please pray that will go smoothly without any problems.
2. I am applying for a new visa. Last time I applied I only received a 6 month visa when everyone else received a 10 year visa. Please pray for a 10 year visa for me. PL
– Please pray for opportunities to share with other churches and pastors what SGWM is doing with the Bible Colleges in South Asia, starting anew Bible College in the Middle East, The School of Missions and helping other churches start healthy robust missions programs of their own.
– Pray for vision, direction and provision for leading a group of pastors on a trip to South Asia to hold Pastor’s Conferences and teach block classes in the Bible Colleges.
3. I would ask you to continue praying for us to relocate closer to Calvary Chapel Saving Grace so that I could be more involved in serving in the day to day operation of the church and Saving Grace World Missions. Our family longs for the fellowship that being closer would allow us to partake in. – Pray for God’s timing and provision in this area please.
Thank you so much for your prayers on our behalf.
Deanna Jevas – Tijuana, Mexico
Hello and thank you once again for praying for me!
-I just want to start off by thanking the Lord for his provision here for us and the kids here. I see him every day working among us in not only physical provisions but lots of other ways, He is just so good and I am truly blessed serving him here!
1. For the parents of the 35 kids that we serve in the after-school program, that they would come to know the Lord through us and that they would come to church here .
2. For the parenting classes offered the last Thursday of each month, that the parents would glean from these classes and ultimately be better parents .
3. For Pastor Federico , The pastor here at Calvary Chapel Pedregales, that The Lord would provide for his family for all of their needs. One child is entering high school and the other is entering junior high school it’s very expensive here to go to school .
4. For me for help with funds for medical insurance, also guidance as to where to get the insurance.
5. For our VBS in July for all of the planning and the funding that we need for all of the snacks and crafts and everything, that God would provide people to help and serve, and the materials needed. The VBS is July 22 through the 26th. We average about 100 kids each year.
Thank you for your prayers for me and the children and people of Tijuana!
Serving Jesus always,
Deanna – Email Blog
Mike and Sarah Vincent – Rosarito, Mexico
1. That God would provide for us to finish our 3000 square foot upper room patio and the cover over it!
2. That we would do a better job discipling and baptizing those that profess faith for the first time!
3. That God would provide for the needs of our family and ministry here in Mexico!
Thanks again for the prayers!
Con mucho amor de Mexico, (with much love from Mexico)
Mike, Sarah, Grace, and Daniel – Email Blog
Leo and Pilar Gray – Ensenada, Mexico
Thanks for your prayers and support.
1. We have twelve students Graduating from Calvary Chapel Bible College Mexico. Pray for God’s leading in their lives as they serve Him.
2. Pray for the students on Summer break as they return home and find jobs. It’s always an adjustment when returning home to family and friends.
3. Pray for the teams who will be coming to serve at the Bible College this summer.
4. Many of our staff will be traveling this summer. Pray for safety and times of refreshment for them.
5. Leo’s sister Jean has been undergoing treatment for cancer. Pray for her continued recovery.
6. We are in need of a cook for the kitchen at the college. Someone who can cook and manage the helpers there.
7. Pray for the students coming next semester that God would prepare their hearts and that they would grow spiritually.
God Bless You,
Leo and Pilar – Email Blog
Jana Sandbulte – Indiana, USA
1. Please continue to pray for my daughter, Rose (2), and her development, specifically that she will learn to say words and to do well eating solid foods.
2. Please pray for my mom, for healing for her broken shoulder, with no complications and full range of motion. Also, for healing for her retina in her eye.
3. Please pray for my father-in-law, for healing from cancer.We are in the process of finding a place to move to; please pray that God will lead us to the right home.
4. Please pray for the SGWM Pastors in South Asia and that I would be an encouragement and blessing to them, and that God would use me in whatever ways He wants to.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Joel and Amy Garcia – California, USA
1. Praise God for a healthy baby Clara, and for Amy’s health! Please pray for us and especially Amy as we navigate the infant stage again with little sleep, 4 little ones to care for, and lots of messes 🙂
2. Pray for the Lord to direct Joel and the rest of the pastoral staff as they work to plan upcoming trips to minister to missionaries.
3. Please pray for our Calvary School of Missions, that the Lord would provide the resources and bring the students to us that He wants to raise up.
Joni Houser – Indiana, USA
1. Please pray for wisdom for our family as we are taking steps toward purchasing the home we believe God wants us to.
2. Please pray for our family to be strong in the Lord.
3. Please pray for my mother’s arm as she is having complications related to her broken shoulder and cancer treatment.
4. My grandfather kidneys have failed and he is struggling with his health. Please pray for him to rely on Jesus for his salvation and strength.
5. Please pray for my grandmother’s salvation. She has recently been moved to assisted living. Her husband (my grandfather) got saved last year shortly before he died. However, she is still very resistant to the Gospel.
6.Please pray for wisdom for me while I am working with the missionaries and sharing their stories with others. Please also pray for my financial support.
Thank you for the prayers!
1. Please pray for clear direction on if we should rent a building or not. We may need a bigger place soon and a place that is fully covered because our garage, which is the sanctuary, isn’t fully enclosed and gets wet when it rains. If this is what the Lord wants us to do, please also pray for the finances to rent a building.
2. Please pray for continued team unity
3. Pray for the new ministries we are starting. One is a youth group for 12-18 years old and one is free English classes. Please pray that the Lord will equip each of us in these new ministries.
Thank you for covering us in prayer. We need it and feel it.
Brad and Melissa Miller – Amazon Jungle, Brazil
Praise the Lord for all the mighty things He has done!
1. The work the Lord is doing in the Amazon Jungle with the Apurina people, and praise Him for it!
2. Oscar and Analucia, and their children Risomar, Ocimar, Odival and Railani. We laid hands on them last week in the Village church and sent them out as the first Indigenous missionaries to another village. Please pray for their abundance in all things and for the people of Sao Gabriel, where they are going.
3. The new Church plant in Aldeia Nova. We will complete construction on the building in July, 2019 and have a mass baptism, along with a celebration for what the Lord has done over the last 2 years there, since we had our first convert and started weekly bible preaching.
4. The work the Lord is doing in and through us, both here in the field and there in the U.S. in the hearts of all those involved. We see a very real and exciting movement among God’s people and we want to praise Him for the One Body of Saints in Christ Jesus.
5. Our family. Brad, Melissa, and our children, both adult and still in our house, Junior and his family of 4, Andrea, Josiah, Veronica and Benjamin.
Gunderson Family – Cajamarca, Peru
1. We want to pray for wisdom in our Church. Right now we are dealing with some issues, that we would listen to God’s discernment as to how to handle the situations that have come about.
2. Alejandro-continues to study and work hard in his school. Emily-for continued growth and health. She is growing up so fast!
3. Natalia-health, for wisdom in guidance of the women of our church.
4. I would love prayer for continued growth in patience as a husband and a father.
5. For our upcoming events: Mother’s Day tea, mission team from Purpose Church working with us for a week and also our upcoming mission trip as a church.
Thank you for your prayers.
May the Lord bless you!
Darryl and Kayo Record – Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Thanks for your faithful prayers. God is opening new doors of ministry for us in and from Cambodia! However, we also face serious challenges and obstacles to continuing our missionary work in Cambodia over the long-term.
1. Please pray for a new ministry project which will translate and contextualize an app-based evangelism/discipleship program from Urdu (a Pakistani language) into Khmer (Cambodian language). It is an exciting opportunity to partner with a Pakistani, tentmaker missionary to Cambodia, because this program has been successfully equipping Pakistanis to be strong in their faith despite many challenges. Darryl has been invited to help with the contextualization process and to interweave some apologetics materials into this curriculum.
2. Please pray for the Chinese pastor J. as he translates Darryl’s apologetics/evangelism materials into Mandarin.
3. Please pray for Mr. R. and Mrs. K. as they translate Darryl’s apologetics/evangelism materials into a Pakistani language.
4. Please pray for our financial situation. Due to the retirement of Kayo’s parents in Japan and the financial short-falls of our main sending church in the USA, we need God to replace our monthly funding for rent, utilities, and Benjamin’s Christian school tuition by October. If not, we will be forced to significantly reduce our ministry activities.
5. Please pray for our time in the LA/Orange County area between June 20 to August 6. Please pray for opportunities to reconnect and strengthen relationships with long-term senders and to connect with new senders. Please pray for favor, open communication, and provision during this time. We have housing for most of the time but transportation has not been fully arranged yet.
Thank you for your prayers!
Bond, Heather and Breanna Gaona – South Asia
– Praise God we made it back to CA safely
1. Pray for Heather’s dad (Lee) as he is battling cancer and it has spread throughout his body. Pray that God would be merciful and he would not suffer. Pray for Heather for wisdom as she navigates healthcare decisions and hospice for him. Pray that the remaining time we have with him would be sweet.
2. Pray for our time stateside to be fruitful this summer. Pray that many would be encouraged, stirred, and hearts would be ignited as we share about the ministry overseas. We will be sharing at churches, School of Missions and with small groups and we want to be able to minister effectively.
3. Pray for each of the students and staff that is returning to their home villages over the school break. Pray for boldness to share the Gospel and all they have learned this past semester.
Anand and Usha Choudhary – Nepal
1. Please keep on praying for my family good health so that we can serve God more and more.
2. Please pray for Calvary Chapel that God may bless the Pastor Raju and all the Beliver as well.
3. Please pray for coming semester that God may bring student from different part of the country to study God’s Word.
4. Please pray for our staff team of Bible College, that God may pour His Spirit upon us more and more to arrange everything for coming semester.
5. Please pray for the needs of land and buildings for Bible College.
6. Please pray for Calvary Chapel where God is gathering people for His kingdom so they may grow in faith and in Word of God.
P.M. and V.M. – South Asia
1. Please pray for God’s wisdom while we are doing translation work. We are translating Philippians and “Bible Survey” into Hindi.
2. Pray that more people will join our Bible study that we hold on Fridays.
3. Pray for the new students coming for the new semester; pray that
the Lord will bring those whom He has called for the ministry.
4. I am going to preach the Word at a convention from May 27 to 29. In
the evenings I will be preaching, and in the mornings leading Bible study.
Pray that the Lord will use me with the power of His Spirit.
5. Pray for my travel to and from the convention. It is a six hour
drive. It is very hot here; it is 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
Thanks for your prayers!
P and V – Blog
S.K. – South Asia
1. Please pray for my village. Now, some new young people have been coming to my fellowship. Pray that they will accept Jesus.
2. Right now, there is the construction of a temple going on in my village. There will be much idol worship and idol rituals there in the future. Pray that the young believers will stay away from all of that.
3. Please pray for me, that I will encourage the village believers.
4. Pray for those whom I have shared the Gospel with, that they will believe, and also that God will open new doors.
5. Pray for my family, as we are going the difficult times right now. My mother and my brother are ill. Pray that God will heal them.
6. I dropped my phone, and it is no working anymore; pray that God will provide another phone.
Thank you! God bless you,
S.K. – Blog
R.K (2) – South Asia
We are on semester break from CCBC. Each of the students and staff have returned to our home villages. Please pray that God will bless me and each of the students with opportunities to share the Gospe. Pray also for me to have many opportunities to teach and preach in different churches.
R.K. (2) – Blog
Prakash and Muna Pariyar – Nepal
1. Please pray for all of our students, for their health and ministry during these two months of vacation.
2. Please pray for Laxman and his wife, Sarmila. They are also students at Calvary Chapel Pastors Training Center. We have sent them to East for two months of ministry during their vacation time. Please pray for their good health and their financial needs. They have to travel 2 ½ hours from the place they are staying, where the tiny fellowship is located.
Prakash, Muna and Eutychus – Blog
D. K. and Family – South Asia
1. Please pray for sister RN. Please pray for complete healing from a demonic attack.
2. Please pray for sister V, that she will have strong faith. Also pray for her son, who is an unbeliever.
3. Please pray for sister S; she is having a very bad problem with her muscles.
4. Please pray for our ministry. My wife has been desiring to go to
Bible School. She is like a co-worker in my ministry.
Thank you for partnering with us in prayer!
DK and family – Blog
Milan Pariyar – Nepal
1. Leaders to be raised up to help with Children’s Ministry in our church.
2. That our church members will grow in the Lord.
3. My family and their health.
4. God’s provision for the completion of our church construction, for electricity, and for a well with water.
Milan – Blog
W.J. – South Asia
1. Please continue to pray for me, as there are certain situations in my life that are challenging me to make a decision. Please pray that the Lord will bring clarity in this situation.
2. Please pray that the Lord will open doors for us to minister and protect us. Please pray for our students.
Thank you for your faithful prayers!
God bless you,
W.J. – Blog
R.M. (1) – South Asia
1. God’s wisdom and strength to do His work.
2. Believers to stand firm in their faith in Jesus.
3. The hearts of the unbelievers to be opened to the Gospel.
4. The Pastor’s School students to grown in their knowledge of the Lord and His Word.
5. Our financial needs.
Thanks for praying for me and the ministry!
R.M. – Blog
P.K. – South Asia
1. I am applying to study at Calvary Chapel Bible College in California. It is a really good opportunity for me to learn the Word more and to be used by God more. Please pray that if it is God’s will, He will open the door for me.
2. Pray for a woman who I shared the Gospel with. She asked me how to become a believer; please pray that she will truly accept Jesus as her Savior.
3. Pray for a brother who comes to my fellowship. He used to drink a lot of alcohol, but now he has not been drinking that much. Please pray that God will help him to totally stay away from drinking so that he can be a good example to his family.
4. Pray for my church growth, that they will grow more in the Lord and that more people will hear about God.
5. Pray for me, that I will remain faithful for the Word of God, and will go to many new places to share the Word of God.
6. Pray for my family members; many of them do not believe. I have shared the Gospel with them, so please be praying.
7. Pray for one of my aunts (I have shared about her before); she is usually ill. Pray for her, and also that she will become strong in faith.
Thank you for your continued prayers and financial support!
God bless you,
P.K – Blog
R.K. – South Asia
1. Please pray for me and my ministry.
2. Pray that God will open more doors for me in this area of South Asia.
3. Pray that God will give us knowledge of His Word, when we are teaching in the Pastors School.
4. Pray for us, as we travel from the south of our country, back to the north. We had a great time with the workers there!
God bless you,
R.K. – Blog
R.M. (2) – South Asia
1. Please pray for my mom; she has been sick for a month and a half.
2. Please pray for me; I am praying that I will get married to an orphan girl. Her name is Priscilla. Please pray that if she is really from God for me, that God will open all of the doors and provide every financial need for our marriage.
3. Please continue to pray for every kind of persecution.
4. Please continue to pray for an orphanage to be in my area.
5. Please pray for brother P to see the world because he is blind.
Thank you for your prayers, support and love in Christ.
God bless you!
R. M. (2) – Blog
J.E. – South Asia
1. Pray for our ministry team to grown in the Word and to be faithful.
2. Pray for sister M. and her family to grow more in the Word and to grow spiritually. Also, pray for her health.
3. Please pray for our church, as we are praying and trusting the Lord to buy a property for Calvary Chapel H. Please pray for God’s favor.
Thank you for your faithful prayers.
God bless you,
J.E. – Blog
P.S. and R.S. – South Asia
1. God is so faithful to us and is fulfilling our needs every day. Please pray for our family and ministry, that we will be the channel to spread the Good News of Jesus to many souls.
2. Please pray for the believers who have witnessed for Jesus Christ by being baptized. Please pray that they will be strengthened in their faith.
3. Please also pray for the Catholic family, that God will increase their faith.
4. Kindly pray for our country’s political situation, as elections have been going on. The results of the election will be declared on May 23. Please pray that God will give us a good leader.
Thank you for your support!
P.S. and R.S. – Blog
L.B – South Asia
1. Please continue to pray for my daughter; she is waiting to get her test results. Please pray for her future studies.
2. Pray for more students next year.
3. Pray for the students as they go to the field to share the Gospel. Please also pray that souls will come to the Lord and churches will be established.
Thank you for your prayers!
God bless you,
L.B. and family – Blog
Raju Gurung – Nepal
Please welcome and join us in praying for our new National Missionary, Raju.
-Praise God for His provision for a temporary structure to be built so that CC has a place to meet during the upcoming monsoon rains.
1. Pray for me as I teach God’s Word each week. Pray that God would bring many to CC to hear about Jesus. 2. Pray that many in my village would accept Christ.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
God bless you,
Raju – Blog
Majhiya and Sarita Besra – Nepal
The Bersa Family are new to the SGWM Family. Please welcome them and keep them in your prayers.
1. Pray for me as I travel back and forth to the village where I am now leading a weekly fellowship and planting a church.
2. Pray for God’s timing and provision to move my family into the area where our church is now meeting.
3. Pray for God to bless, strength and protect me and my family as we labor for the Lord in the East
Thank you and God bless you,
Majhiya and Family – Blog
Rabi and Mahima Shrestha – Nepal
We are blessed to have new National missionaries serving with us. Please join us in prayer and praise.
1. Pray for us as we travel to several villages during the summer break that we would be an encouragement to believers in remote villages and many would come to Christ. Pray for our safe travels.
2. Pray as we share about the Calvary Chapel Pastors Training Center and School of Ministry in various places, that God would make a way for those who want to come to be able to attend.
3. Pray for us and for our weekly fellowship. Pray that God would bless the teaching of the Word and grow us deeper in our walk with Him.
Your prayers are very appreciated, Thank you
Rabi and Mahima – Blog
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.”
– Hebrews 13:3
Thank you for praying! Your prayers are impacting lives and helping
“Reach the Nations…One Soul at a Time”.