NORTH and CENTRAL AMERICA
Gary and Tina Barrow – Victorville, California
1. Please pray for Gary’s upcoming trip to South Asia.
– Pray for the team’s health and safe travel.
– Pray for the teaching at the Pastors’ Conference, that each teacher would speak God’s heart to the pastors attending.
– Pray that teaching would be encouraging, comforting, and extortive in nature to the pastors attending.
– Pray for God’s provision for the trip. We still need Him to supply the cost and ministry expenses for Gary while in South Asia.
– Pray for vision and direction for Gary as he is moving into a greater role of oversight of the colleges.
– Pray for close bonds and friendships to be formed as Gary visits each of the Bible Colleges and meets with the nationals running them.
2. Please pray for our family while Gary is gone.
– Pray for God’s provision for us as a family.
– Pray for God’s protection for all of us while Gary is gone.
Thank you so much for your love and willingness to stand with us as a family and lift these requests to our Lord. May God bless you.
Mike and Erin Thiemann – California, USA
2. Erin will be traveling to South Asia in June to document our ministries there. Please pray that the Lord covers this trip with grace and everything goes smoothly. Pray for her camera gear, that it will all function correctly and not get stolen. Also, pray for me (Mike) and the kids as we will be “surviving” for 18 days without Erin (aka Mom).
3. I will be heading to Uganda in October with (Lord willing) Malachi, Joel, and Tim. Please cover this trip in prayer. Please pray for Malachi as he raises funds for his trip.
4. Please pray for wisdom and vision for Erin as she home-schools our three kids.
5. Please pray for Erin’s photography business. It is steadily growing. Pray for more clients and that the Lord would use her not just to bring in extra income but as a ministry opportunity.
6.Please pray for our financial support. Erin and I do live on missionary support as U.S. based missionaries.
Joel and Amy Garcia – California, USA
1. Please pray for the SGWM team leaving for South Asia for most of June. We are so excited for how God will use them on this trip, so please pray for fruitfulness for them and against the many attacks of the enemy. Also pray for Pastor Mike and myself, as we will be hanging behind here at home and holding down the fort for both SGWM (as most of our SGWM home staff will be on the trip) and our church (as many of the church leaders will be gone on the trip as well).
2. Please pray for Amy and the kids. We ask for this a lot, but we can always use prayer for wisdom for raising and training our children to follow Christ. Specifically, Jude, our 1 year old, has been waking up very early. We live in a two bedroom apartment, so this means that Jude is waking up our other kids super early. I know this may seem like a small problem (and it is in light of others!), but lack of sleep for kids the age of ours tends to snowball into difficult days for both the kids and mom, so please pray for us to have wisdom and grace in handling our children, and for their sleep patterns to adjust a bit.
3. Please also pray an opportunity to open up to rent a larger living space at an affordable price for us. We’d love to have some more space (and somewhat of a backyard) for our kids to run around, and a larger living space to host more young adults and potentially a Life Group down the road.
Thank you all again for your prayers!
Mike and Sarah Vincent – Rosarito, Mexico
2. That God would bless our brand new church plant in East Tijuana! (Capilla Calvario Tecolote)
3. That God would provide for the needs of our family!
Thanks for your prayers!
Nikki Arriaga – California, USA
-Praise God for the love, patience, and grace that He continually shows towards His children!
1. Pray that I would boldly step out and be empowered by the Holy Spirit to do all the Lord is calling me to do!
2. No words can describe how excited I am to be in South Asia this month! Please pray for our entire team to have safe travels, great health and the ability to transition well into the culture and climate while we are there!
3. Pray that the Lord would guide our team in all that we do and that we would shine brightly with the love of Christ towards one another and everyone around us.
4. Pray for the pastor’s conferences, times with missionaries and other times of ministry; that we would all be filled with the Holy Spirit and speak forth His Word.
Thank you for partnering in prayer with me!
Tim Pappas – California, USA
1. Please pray for safe travels and good health on my trip to South Asia
2. Please pray that I hear from the Lord in regards to the teaching opportunities I have while on my trip to South Asia
3. Please pray for physical strength and no pain issues for the next two months.
Thanks for praying!
Deanna Jevas – Tijuana, Mexico
1. For our V.B.S. July 16-20 and for the 20+ servants who will be here from CC Shoreline (Morro Bay) that week to serve with us, for blessings and that God would transform lives. Also, please pray for the PARENTS of the kids that they would come to Jesus via the movie that we will present the last day of VBS and for lasting fruit!
2. For the After School Program that is every Tues., Thurs. and Fri. here from 1:00-4:00, for the kids hearts to be healed and won over for Jesus, and for much needed wisdom and extra love for all of the staff members. Also, for more servants who are CALLED to serve the children
3. For more kids in our Sunday School. Our numbers are down due to internet game addiction, I believe
4. For continued good health for me–migraine headaches and plantar fasciitis
Thanks so much for praying for me and the kids in Mexico! Dios te bendiga (God bless you)!
Jana Sandbulte – Indiana, USA
2. Please continue to pray for my year-old daughter Rose’s health and development, especially with eating and reflux/vomiting issues.
3. Please pray that God would use me and my family in whatever ways He chooses, and that we would be a blessing to those we are working with in South Asia.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Joni Houser – USA
1. Joni recently had an emergency appendectomy. Please pray for her complete recovery without complications.
Please pray that Joni’s surgery would not cause problems for her heart condition that she would be able to recover quickly to a point of being able to function fully.
Leo and Pilar Gray – Ensenada Mexico
2. Pray for the teams coming to Calvary Chapel Bible College on short term Mission trips this summer.
3. Pray for Leo’s mom, Agnes, as she adjusts to life since Dad passed away.
4. Pray for finances for a team wanting to build an addition on our house this summer. It will allow us to have guests visit – we currently have one bedroom.
5. Leo was diagnosed with having an ulcerated esophagus. Please pray that God will continue to heal and restore.
6. Pray for revival and renewal both personally, for the US, and for México, and the world.
Thank you for faithfully praying for us!
Jon and Allison Brechtel – Oaxaca, Mexico
2. That we would be able to get our car nationalized in Mexico
3. For our Spanish to improve every day
4. Continued excitement as we prepare to plant a church, and that the boys will keep enjoying their time here
Thank you for praying for our family! We feel the prayers every day and are so grateful to everyone who covers us in them!
Pastor Bond, Heather and Breanna Gaona – Asia, Africa and USA
1. Pray for our time stateside as we share with churches and various groups about all the Lord is doing in Asia and Africa. Pray that we would be a blessing to the church stateside and many would be stirred to pray and partner with us in reaching the nations for Christ.
2. Pray for our travels, health and family time in the upcoming month to be refreshed and that we would be strengthened.
3. Pray for completion of the construction in South Asia for the ministry campus and for the students / staff that continue to labor there.
Brad and Melissa Miller – Amazon Jungle, Brazil
2. The two churches we lead in the interior of the jungle; The leadership there. The Women’s ministry. The Children’s ministry. And the Youth ministry.
3. Our current trip there. This will be from May 22- June 14th, 23 days. We will have our first baptisms in the new church plant on June 2nd.
4. We hope to integrate a few into new church positions and ministry.
5. We plan to visit a new village on this trip, and evangelize.
6. For our schedules, as we plan to spend more time in the villages in the coming year, possibly 5 weeks in the villages on each trip and only 3 weeks in the city between trips.
7. Pray for our family, homeschooling, routines, and the logistics of living in the jungle, ministering, and still raising a family.
8. Pray for our adult children in the U.S., both Junior and Andrea, Junior’s family and Andrea’s new job.
God bless you all. Email us and let us know you are thinking of us. Let us know how we can also pray for you.
The Buescher Family – Cajamarca, Peru
-Praise the Lord for a great semester! We are now transitioning into our “break” which isn’t so much a break as a change in schedule. Please pray for the church to thrive as the students go home.
-Praise the Lord that He has been incredibly gracious and continues to grow and bless us through our sweet little Mírabel.
1. Pray for those students who stay on campus during the break. It can be challenging to stay here and work when the majority of your friends have gone home to rest and be with family.
2. Pray that the Lord would really continue to show us what our roles at the Bible college are, and how we can best support the work that the Lord is doing here.
3. We often shy away from praying for things that we “want”, but don’t “need” but you can join us in praying that the Lord would provide us with a car. It is always a blessing, but especially on the days when Jessica is struggling with her health. It can get difficult not to have our own vehicle. (On that note, please pray for continued health for her!)
Thank you for your prayers!
John and Natalia Gunderson – Cajamarca, Peru
2. John-prayer for health. Right now he is suffering serious stomach pains.
3. That John and Alejandro would have safe travels as they leave for the states for 10 days.
4. Continued spiritual growth among the members of the Church.
5. Our little Emily is a terrible night sleeper. We pray that she would find comfort and rest as she sleeps at night. We know the importance of sleep for young kids as they are growing mentally and physically, we just don’t want to see our little one struggling with her sleep.
Thank you so much for your time praying for us. Thank you for helping us. We really appreciate it.
May the Lord bless you!
B. Family – South Asia
1. Please pray for our family’s financial struggles. Our account balance is lower than it has ever been and we are struggling to make ends meet. The blessing of a new baby is also a test of our trust that the Lord will continue to provide all we need in His time! Very specifically in the next few months we need money for our children’s vaccinations and healthcare, new baby’s US passport applications, mom and kids’ permanent residency applications, dad’s green card application, and travel costs to prepare all these things.
2. We have a team of Pastors and leaders coming this month from the US, as well as over 70 pastors from across India who will be joining us for a Pastors Conference. Please pray for safe travels, good health and safety while everyone is with us. Pray for the Spirit to move and transform lives as the Word of God goes forth and equips these faithful Shepherds.
The B. Family – Email
L. B. – South Asia
2. Please pray for wisdom in leading all the works on the campus.
3. Please pray for my family and especially for my daughter as she is starting her senior year of high school. Pray her studies would go well.
4. Please pray for our upcoming Pastors Conference as I facilitate with all our attending Pastors. There are so many arrangements to be made, such as mattresses for their accommodations. Please pray for wisdom in arranging all these things as well as the finances to host such a large conference.
5. Please pray for financial support for my family.
Thank you for your prayers!
God bless you,
L.B. – Blog
Darryl and Kayo Record – Cambodia
1. Please pray for our upcoming time in Japan (June 20 to August 10). Please pray that God will use us to encourage and equip our senders in Churches across Japan.
2. Please pray for Darryl’s Apologetics video ministry. He is forming a new partnership with a Cambodian video ministry to make dozens of videos together. His Apologetics students will make their videos next week. Darryl’s video on Scientific Facts in the Bible is in process as well.
3. Please pray for the Chinese ministry in Cambodia. We met a pastor from China. The persecution of Christians is getting worse. He is looking for safe places for Chinese Christians to go around the world including Cambodia.
4. We thank God that we could get a work permit so this makes it possible for us to maintain our visas. Please pray for provision to cover this additional expense each year.
5. Please pray for Kayo’s increasing involvement with Precious Women Ministry. This ministry evangelizes women who work in bars and trains them for new careers.
D. K. – South Asia
1. Please pray for my family, especially for my wife, that she and the baby will have a safe delivery. Once again, I thank you for supporting us spiritually and physically! May God bless you!
Thank you for praying for us!
D. and L. – Blog
P. M. and V. M. (South Asia)
1. Please pray that the students will be used by the Lord to win souls.
2. Please pray for adequate housing for both boys and girls for the Pastors School next semester.
3. Please pray that more and more youth will join the new Bible study group we are holding on Saturdays.
4. The area we live in is very hostile to the Gospel. We need much prayer that the Lord would prepare the hearts of the people for the Gospel and that He would raise up the Christians and give them boldness to reach out with the Gospel. We beg your prayers.
5. Please pray for a co-worker, so that when I have a medical or family emergency I will have someone to take my place translating classes for the Pastors School.
Co-workers in Christ,
P and V – Email
P. K. – South Asia
1. Pastor Trent and the team are coming visit us very soon. Please pray for their visit to go well. Please pray for the young believers’ parents, that they will allow the believers to attend the meetings. Please also pray for God’s protection here during the meetings.
2. Please pray for a man I met this month. He is a Jehovah’s witness. It was really great; I shared with him about Jesus Christ. I tried to tell him about the surety of salvation in Jesus Christ and encouraged him to read the Bible. Please pray for him, that he would find the truth and understand the Word of God. Please also pray that I could visit him again.
God bless you!
Pastor P.K. – Blog
S. K. – South Asia
1. Please pray for me, that God may open new doors for me and use me for His work.
2. For my village, that all the people who have heard the Gospel that God may change their hearts.
3. For all the believers in my village, that they may grow in the Lord.
4. Pray for my support, because the town I live in is very expensive for me.
5. For all the people who I have shared the Gospel with, that they may know the truth.
God bless you,
Pastor S.K. – Blog
R. M. (2) – South Asia
-Praise the Lord, Pastor K.’s wife and two sister-in-laws were released from prison!
1. Please pray for my friend’s uncle, a Pastor K. and his wife, who held church services at their home. They were arrested on false charges of forced religious conversion by Hindu anti-Christian groups. They were beaten and imprisoned.
2. Other Christians were also beaten by the Hindus, in an attempt to force them to lie about Pastor K. and say that he paid them or forced them to become Christians. Two of Pastor K.’s sister-in-laws were also imprisoned.
3. Please continue to pray for Pastor K.! He is still in prison.
Thanks for your prayers and love in Christ!
God bless you!
R.M. – Blog
Nadeem and Farah Massey – Pakistan
-We praise God that the iron roofed shelter at our second church is complete now, Thanks God for the provision, and thank you very much for your prayers!
1. Christian discrimination and persecution have increased recently in many different ways. Please pray for the protection of Christians here and also that they may keep growing in their Christian faith.
2. Please pray for the provision of financial support to get my Urdu Book on Christian Apologetics printed, the need for printing 1000 copies is $1990, God has provided $500 and the remaining need is $1490. The proofreading of the book is done, and those who read it have very good views and believe that this book is going to be very helpful for Urdu speaking people.
3. Our ministry’s general funds are too low, all church office needs are provided through that account. Please pray for provision from the Lord to come in the form of financial support to help us meet the needs of the ministry.
4. Our office furniture is in bad shape now and needs to be replaced. We are in need of $850 to to replace the furniture, please keep this need in your prayers!
Thank you very much, we love you and pray for you!
Anand and Usha Choudhary – Asia
2. Please pray for God may bring anointed student in coming semester who having serving heart.
3. Please pray for my financial need or Support for my family.
4. Please pray for some of the brothers and sisters to whom I am discipling that they may grow in Faith and Love.
5. Please pray for more ministry opportunities in my neighborhood.
6. Please pray for us; We want to do. Inductive Bible Study conference in some of remote village as well city that God may open doors for that and as well as finical needs.
7. Please pray for youth conference in south part of incoming day and as well as financial needs.
8. Please pray for my Dad who have Alzheimer’s disease since long time for his betterment.
Thank you and God bless
Anand, Usha and family – Email
R. M. (1) – South Asia
2. Please pray for those who he ministers to, that they would open their hearts to Jesus.
Thank you for your prayers!
God bless you,
R.M. – Blog
R. K. – South Asia
2. Please pray that I will be able to share the Gospel with more people, and that God may open their eyes.
3. Please pray that God will provide a bed for my room.
4. Please pray for all of the ministry I do in the villages.
Thank you for your prayers!
God bless you,
R.K. – Blog
R. K.(2) – South Asia
1. We are doing a lot of preparations during the coming weeks regarding Pastor Trent’s arrival and the Pastor’s Conference. Please pray that I would be able to spend sufficient time for all we need to accomplish for this.
Pastor R.K. (2) – Blog
J. E. – South Asia
1. Please pray for me and my team to grow more in the Word.
2. For the church congregation to grow and to be faithful.
3. For a new church building (a new place); we’re still searching for it.
4. God is leading us to a university campus to encourage the youth who are studying there. God put
it in our hearts to reach them (campus ministry). Pray as we reach them, that they receive the
love of God and that their eyes will be opened to see God.
5. For God to send more teachers/pastors to encourage the church.
6. It’s very hot here, almost 117 degrees Fahrenheit. Please pray for protection over us in the heat.
7. Pray for India. India belongs to Jesus
8. During this time, it is difficult to go and meet people to share the Gospel with them. Pray for us for strength and wisdom to move forward, and not to fear.
J.E. – Blog
W. J. – South Asia
1. From May 7th-11th I will be sharing at a conference. Please pray that the Lord would speak in and through me as I share the Word. Also, for a safe journey. The travel time to and from the conference will be about 55 hours.
2. Please pray for me as I teach the book of Genesis and Judges and simultaneously the book of Joshua for the new students.
3. Please pray that all the pending work at the school may be completed as soon as possible and also for electricity.
God bless you,
Pastor W.J. – Blog
G. and J. G.– South Asia
1. Please pray for our time of visiting our supporting churches. That God would use our time of giving updates to encourage the American church to pray and be bold for Christ. Pray also that God would provide for the needs of the ministry in India and Nepal.
Thank you so much for praying for us
Rebecca Alaniz – Zagreb, Croatia
2. Pray for the Lord to continue giving me vision and direction for Croatia
3. Pray for the Roma Villages. For continued opportunities for the Gospel to be shared and for the Word of God to penetrate the hearts of the people.
4. Pray for the Bright Future kids.
5. Pray that the Lord would continue to bring people that want to partner with me in the work that the Lord has started in Croatia.
6. Pray that the Lord would continue to teach, grow and use me while I am still stateside.
7. Pray that the Lord would open the doors to return back to Croatia soon.
God Bless You!
Mitch and Christine Sorensen – Nice, France
1. Pray for opportunities at a business school to do evangelism in front of the school.
2. Pray that a spirit of apathy will be blown away like smoke in a wind in this country and within the church.
3. Pray that we would allow the Holy Spirit to do his job and we wouldn’t get legalistic or self righteous.
4. Pray that we would be encouraging (as an example) to people in the church to get excited and serious about Jesus.
5. Pray for our health and support and our own diligence in praying for the same.
God bless you as you serve Him,
HisKids – Joe and Lisa Horner – S. Sudan, Uganda and Haiti
1, HisKids continues to grow in helping the helpless, hopeless and hurting. This month we we had a goal to get vitamins to all our orphans as well as continue to do a food distribution and support the school. There are over 150 kids in our program all over the community, so it wasn’t an easy task. I wish it was as easy as including some vitamins with our food distribution, but many of you know, it is never easy to do things in a developing country. Justin is a great director and was able to get vitamins to our kids. Justin makes house visits to each home to check on their welfare and to help the family. We also have 25 kids in Ranquette, Haiti who need wheel chairs. It broke my heart to see one of our Kids crawling on his hands and knees in the rocky dirt. He had polio and is now permanently disabled. We set up a web-page to raise support for the wheel chairs. https://hiskids.com/donations/wheelchair/
2. We are also trying to figure out how to stop our kids from getting Polio. So far we have not found an affordable solution. Please pray for us to find a way to vaccinate the community of this horrible disease. We are praising God for the people He is sending our way to help by becoming monthly partners and the effect it is having on individual lives. Please continue to pray for Jenny who needs face surgery. Jordan, the little boy who we sent to the hospital from malnutrition and a kidney infection, is all smiles now and back in school.
3. Please pray for Hiskids to help more kids. We have continual medical needs that are going unmet. We have a trip planned from July 22-28 to Haiti. If you are interested, email me at email@example.com or go to Hiskids.com.
Thank you for faithfully praying for us!
Brian and Jill Kanyike – Kampala, Uganda
2. Pray for the children with homeschooling. Pray they would be quick to understand and for Jill to be patient.
3. Pray for the church as they are about to knock out some walls to expand the sanctuary.
4. Pray for the new women’s study that started this week. They are going through Revelation.
5. Pray for the kids to get visas for the USA so they can travel with Brian and Jill in August when they come have Jill’s thyroid treated. Pray they would be able to have a full furlough.
6. Pray for Brian as he pastors and leads the ministry team at Arise Christian Fellowship.
Thank you for praying for the Kanyike family and the ministry in Uganda.
Dave and Twinkle Zavala – Nairobi, Kenya
2. Please pray for healing for Twinkle’s parents and for their Salvation.
3. Please pray for K*, that he would return back to the Lord.
4. Please pray for the Kenyan families that have been affected by the floods .
5. Please pray as we prepare to host short term teams and guests this summer.
Vincent and Melissa Aniku – Midigo, Uganda
-We praise God that we reached home safely even with our broken car and adjusted quickly! We have been having a wonderful yet crazy busy time with all our children while they have been on break.
-We have also taken in Daniel who we wrote about in our last newsletter. He has lived with us for 2 weeks and made himself right at home.
1. Please pray for the Muslim converts. Vincent will be discipling them once a week at our compound since it is safer them.
2. Pray for continued health and safety. I am still having problems with my ear after a bug entered, some other personal health issues and my allergies causing swelling of throat because of the high grasses even with 2 Zyrtec a day. Praying for a miracle. Praising God the boys have been health except for one staph infection that has already healed.
3. Pray the Bible’s that we were able to give all the football players will convict them. Most of the team members are Muslims.
4. Pray for the conference and the team coming.
5. Pray for our friend Angela as she prepares to come in July and stay with us for a few months.
6. Pray for the resources to finish the Missions house and for the surveying of the land for the stadium, community center and library.
Thank you for your love and prayers for us!
Matthew and Noelle Harris – Gulu, Uganda
-Praise: We are settling well into life in Africa
-Praise: God is opening doors in our neighboring community
1. Please pray for Noelle to recover well from her C-Section surgury
2. For God to penetrate the hearts of our neighbors
3. That the new class of pastors would have unity and that God would move in their churches as they learn His Word
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers for us, you are a blessing!
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.” – Hebrews 13:3
Thank you for praying! Your prayers are impacting lives and helping “Reach the Nations…One Soul at a Time”