Peru-Brazil Mission Trip from Jan 28th-Feb 14th
The first leg of the journey our pastors will be in Peru spending time with our SGWM missionaries, the Tippie, Buescher, Gunderson and the Kilgus Families. They will be fellow-shipping, encouraging them and holding a 2-day prayer retreat seeking the Lord. The pastors will also be scouting out the land for the Youth Missions trip this summer.
The second leg of the Pastor’s trip will be to Brazil where they will be spending time with the Miller Family serving in the Amazon Jungle. This part of their trip is also to encourage and fellowship, but they will also be scouting in the jungle for a possible location for a Missions School.
-Praise God for these opportunities
-Praise God for what he is doing in South America Prayer points:
1. Please pray for the health, safety, and travel of the mission team and missionaries
2. Please pray that the missionaries will be completely blessed and encouraged
3. Please pray for the Missionaries and their ministries
4. Please pray for the Prayer Retreat
5. Please pray for Spiritual wisdom and clear vision of what God has planned
6. Please be in prayer for the youth trip this summer
7. Please be in prayer for the proposed Missions School
Mitch and Christine Sorensen – Nice, France
Thank you for your prayers. God is faithful in every area as He sustains us. Praise God for His provision.
1. Pray for continued growth in the churches in Nice.
2. Pray for a one week conference for pastors and leaders in Austria this week.
3. Pray for the unsaved in Nice that we come in contact with to be honest with themselves as we present the Gospel.
4. Pray for our health as it seems like a spiritual attack trying to keep us from doing evangelism.
S.S. – Europe
-It is great to start this year with you guys and with the help that your prayers is doing. I have been seeing answers of prayers in many requests I asked you to pray for.
1. The Church refugee family got their court decision , which was a ban from deportation. The decision allows them to live in Germany and forbids their deportation to Iran and that is great, but their stay in Germany has many limits so they applied against the decision and are waiting for a better one. Nevertheless they can leave the Church building now and go wherever they want in the city. I wish you can pray for them that they would be able to settle in their new place quickly and with their jobs, and that this 11 months of staying in the Church wouldn’t take a toll on them emotionally and physically.
2. I am in a regular contact with many Christian friends from Syria. The cold winter is causing a lot of problems. Prices are very high and heating costs so much where normal people can’t pay. Children are the one who suffer more in this situation and especially new born babies. I hope you can pray that weather changes and that this winter doesn’t cause many deaths.
3. I hope you can pray for our student Bible study group since two of the main active people left because of work. One of them found a job outside Germany and he is a very supportive and a close friend to me. I hope you can pray that God brings new students to the group and that all of them will be seeking God fully in their lives in spite of the heavy loads of study and exams every day in the university.
Thank you very much for your prayers . They are making a great difference in my life.
Blessings S. S. – Email
Matthew and Noelle Harris – Gulu, Uganda
Thank you for keeping us on your minds and for praying for us
-We all recovered from Malaria! -The first class of pastors has started through the epistles! -The second class of pastors has only 1 book left in the Pentateuch! -God has given us most of the funds as a ministry to remodel our clinic!
1. That we we walk in a close relationship with Jesus. -That we would be filled with the Holy Spirit to bring light to those around us. -That God would continue illuminating the Scriptures to our pastors. -For us to have wisdom as we raise and disciple our children. Thank you all so much Matt, Noelle, Emma, Madeline and Noah!
Dave and Twinkle Zavala – Nairobi, Kenya
1. Please pray for the people of Kenya as there was a Islamic terrorist attack at a local hotel today and many people have died. 2. Please pray for God’s provision for the Zavala family.
3. Please pray for Dave as he drives to Uganda for the CCA Pastors Conference
4. Please pray as we will be hosting and ministering along with a short term team from Idaho in February.
Brian and Jill Kanyike – Kampala, Uganda
1. Please pray for the Kanyike family as they adjust to being back in Uganda.
2. Pray for the Kanyike children as they’ve all been sick with the flu.
3. Pray for Jill as she decides what to teach the women next month.
4. Pray for Brian, Jill, and Vicky as they prepare for a conference in South West Uganda.
5. Pray for Brian as pastors and leads the ministry at Arise Christian Fellowship.
Thank you for praying for the Kanyike family and the ministry in Uganda.
God bless you,
Brian, Jill, Luke, Laylee and Liana – Email Blog
HisKids – Joe and Lisa Horner – S. Sudan, Uganda and Haiti
-Thank you for your prayers for Jean. He is the boy who needs heart surgery. We have trying to get him to the Dominican Republic for over 3 months to get a heart cath. so he can be approved for the surgery. Because of unrest in Haiti, it has created numerous hurdles. We finally were able to get the test done, and the results came back with a positive prognosis for surgery. The next step is to do an echo cardiogram and then he should be on his way for surgery in the Cayman Islands.
-We also were able to do 3 medical outreaches in Haiti last month. We had 18 people receive Jesus as a result and are looking forward to baptizing them.
-Please be fervent in praying for us. We are constantly under spiritual attack from the enemy.
North and Central America
Bond, Heather and Breanna Gaona – USA
1. Pray for the start of the new semester in each of the locations in South Asia. Pray for us and the other teachers as we prepare, teach, disciple, and instruct the next generation of pastors and leaders. Pray for the students to have wisdom, understanding, open hearts and that their lives will be transformed by the Word of God.
2. Pray for the teams that will be traveling to South Asia to serve alongside of us. Pray for effective ministry, team unity, health and safety. Pray for a specific outreach that we will all be apart of on Feb. 9 – 10 that many would hear the good news and others would be encouraged in their faith.
3. Pray for the recent church planters who were sent out in fall 2018. Pray for encouragement as they step out in faith and share the Gospel in unreached areas.
4. Pray for our family as we launch into 2019 and return to South Asia for a deeper relationship with the Lord, for health, safety and protection from spiritual warfare that always seems to rage around us.
Joel and Amy Garcia – California, USA
Praying that you had an amazing Christmas and that the Lord does great things in your lives in 2019! Thank you so much for your willingness to intercede on behalf of us and the rest of SGWM’s missionaries.
1. The Lord has graciously blessed us with a home to rent with our sister, an answer to a prayer request we’ve had for years. Thank you to all who prayed with us for that! Please pray that the Lord would provide more supporters to us, as the significant increase in rent is going to require a greater income for our family.
2. Please pray for Amy, as she is experiencing one of her more uncomfortable pregnancies this round, and for continued healthy growth for baby Clara who is due on Easter.
3. Please pray for wisdom and energy in raising Maggie, Harrison, and Jude. We long to be examples to them of what a true follower of Christ is, and that Jesus would draw them to Himself through that example!
4. Please pray for Joel’s upcoming trip to South America (Peru and Brazil), that the Lord would direct the team’s steps and use them for his glory, and for the rest of the family, as this will be by far the longest Joel has been apart from them.
While I am gone on the Missions Trip to South America please be in prayer for:
1. For Amy as she navigates raising the kids without me on top of the intense pain she’s had in her leg.
2. For us to be a huge blessing to our missionaries, and that our Peru missionaries would be encouraged and refreshed from the prayer retreat we’re putting on.
3. That the Lord would give us wisdom as we get clearer vision on how to put together our youth trip for July.
4. That the Lord would protect us from illness in the Amazon in Brazil.
5. That the Millers would be blessed and encouraged with our fellowship, and that we would gain a better understanding from them of what our missionaries really go through to fulfill the Lord’s calling to the church.
Nikki Arriaga – California, USA
-Praise God for the way the Lord has been drawing me to Himself! Pray that I would continue to grow deeper in my knowledge of God’s love and amazing character. It has been radically transforming my life!
-Thank you to all who prayed for God to provide a car for me! God is so faithful and has provided exactly what I needed! I praise Jesus for His perfect provision and timing!
1. God has put it on my heart to start a girl’s Bible study for my fellow young adults! We will be going through various practical topics found throughout the book of Proverbs. I’m so excited to study and share what the Lord reveals to me with my sisters in Christ! Pray for fruitful study times and for Jesus to reveal Himself to all of us!
Thank you for partnering with me in prayer!
Nikki – Email Blog
Mike and Sarah Vincent – Rosarito, Mexico
– For a wonderful sending weekend to send our church planters to Oaxaca City!
1. That God would prepare our 22nd church planting team scheduled to launch in Campeche in March!
2. That God would provide the finances to complete our 250 seat sanctuary edition!
Thanks for the prayers!
Con mucho amor de Mexico, (with much love from Mexico)
Mike, Sarah, Grace, and Daniel – Email Blog
Gary and Tina Barrow – California, USA
-First, Tina and I would like to wish you a very blessed and Happy New Year. Our prayer is that the Lord would reveal Himself to our church family and prayer partners this year like never before. We pray that the Lord would take each of us deeper with Him than we have ever gone. we pray God would use each of us to bring glory to His name in new ways never before imagined.
1. Our primary prayer request is for the Bible College in South Asia. We have started up again after the Christmas break. Please pray for anointing and insight to properly convey and teach the word, along with God’s heart, to these students. Pray that each of the teachers would be able to speak supernaturally into the lives of these students, preparing them for the work of the ministry. This semester ends March 292. Please pray for P.M., the leader of the ministry in country. Pray for Tim Pappas, Caleb Beller, Daniel Grant and myself teaching weekly classes this semester.
3. Please pray for Rob Douglas, Jacob Garcia, Ryan Gauz, and pastor Dicky, who are teaching Calvary Distinctives, Thursday mornings.
4. Please continue to pray for pastor Trent, pastor Mike, and the rest of the leadership. Pray for vision, wisdom and insight into God’s heart for this ministry.
Thank you for your prayer for Tina and I and our family. We had a great Christmas together.
Again, thank you for your prayers, love and support. If there is anything we can pray for you for, please let us know.
Jana Sandbulte – Indiana, USA
Please Pray:1. Please continue to pray for complete healing for my mom and sister, Jerri-Ann.
2. Please pray for my father-in-law, who is making decisions regarding his cancer treatment.
3. Please pray for my daughter, Rose, for her speech development.
4. Please pray for the SGWM Missionaries in South Asia and that I would be an encouragement and blessing to them.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
God bless you,
Paul, Jana and Sari, Kaylee, and Rose – Email Blog
Brechtel Family – Oaxaca, Mexico
1. My stolen visa situation. I can’t leave without it by car. Allison is going to fly out because we booked flights thinking I would have gotten there before her.
2. Stolen drivers license is a problem also. I went and paid for the duplicate, it has not arrived. The DMV says it was sent out January 6. I believe the mailbox place miss handled it.
3. Prayer for the right perspective on the situation.
4. For Allison and boys as they land In Oaxaca. That they will be able to get established without me there.
Thank you so much love you guys.
Jon, Allison Jonny, Noah – Email Blog
Joni Houser – USA
1. Please pray for wisdom and guidance as we search for another home and prepare to move.
2. Please continue to pray for Rose’s speech development (my niece.
Deanna Jevas – Tijuana, Mexico
Hola! Thanks ahead of time for your prayers for me! God bless you!
1. for my health, specifically migraine headaches. I have an appt. with my doctor again and am wanting to find the cause of them instead of just taking meds.
2. for a 13 week training course that I am doing here for our teachers, and teachers from neighboring Calvary Chapels. I am translating all of Larry Enterline’s workshops. Pray for the Lord’s blessing, and for annointing of the Holy Spirit.
3. for our church, Calvary Chapel Pedregales, for growth and God’s blessings.
4. for our 40 kids in the after school program–blessings on the servants and for more provisions and staff. Also protection for the families in this dangerous neighborhood.
God bless you
Thank you for your prayers for me and the children and people of Tijuana!
John and Natalia Gunderson – Cajamarca, Peru
1. Spiritual and physical protection on our family, our church.
2. Our church leadership, to grow closer to Jesus and to one another.
3. For boldness for our church to go out and evangelize to the surrounding cities.
4. For our son to really start growing in Faith and that as parents we will pour more love and kindness into his life.
5. For a new location for our church. As we are a growing church we are needing to find a new location.
Thank you so much for your time praying for us. Thank you for helping us. We really appreciate it.
May the Lord bless you!
John, Natalia, Alejandro and Emily
Brad and Melissa Miller – Amazon Jungle, Brazil
Please pray for those we minister to in the jungle. 1. The leadership of the church, Oscar, Valdici, Pedro, Domiginho, Emerson
2. The Women’s ministry Leadership, Raimunda, Analucia, Nilza, Eliete, Elsimara
3. New Christians, Maria Antonia, those in Aldia Nova, those in Popunha
4. The leadership of the villages, Makaao, Evandro, Apurinario, Naide, Leandro, Lazaru
Please pray for the two U.S. groups coming here this year.
1. The group from SGWM in February.
2. The group from CC Cumberland, Md in July.
1. For the new Church plant in Aldeia Nova and for the new work which may lead to a new church next year in Popunha.
2. Please pray for Brad as he travels to the U.S. Feb-Apr 2019 and shares with the American Churches.
Anand and Usha Choudhary – South Asia
1. Please pray for our Bible College which is going to start at 2019/January 28, God may pour us His Spirit to lead this Bible e in His way.
2. Please pray that God may Provide all our needs of Bible College.
3. Please Pray That God may bring many student to our Bible College.
4. Please pray That God may give us good health to do ministry.
S.B and A. B. – South Asia
-Praise the Lord! Last month we shared that our two boys received their permanent residency cards. We thank God that this month my wife also received her permanent residency card!
1. Please pray for my wife to have vision and wisdom on what to do these next steps with her residency as it opens many doors for the ministry.
2. Please pray for my green card to be approved this month. We had our interview and submitted additional documents that were requested and now we are just waiting on their decision and next steps.
3. Please pray for our families health and continued safety. Kids are having minor stomach issues after our travels and trying to readjust to a routine again.
4. Please pray for our staff and students as another semester has started and we look forward to the great things God has in store for us all!
Thank you for your prayers!
Darryl and Kayo Record – Cambodia
Thanks for your prayers. God continues to expand our various ministries in Cambodia.
-Praise God that the www.internationalfishers.com website continues to increase the number of unique visitors, mainly to the Cambodian language pages (nearly 2,000 per month) and Darryl’s Apologetics/Evangelistis videos on YouTube have been receiving more than 13,000 views (for a video on the evidence for the Resurrection in the Cambodian language) on that social media platform alone.
1. Please pray for Kayo and Benjamin’s health. Benjamin has had a dry cough since the middle of December. We have been to the doctor three times, but the treatments only provide temporary improvement. Kayo got exhausted during November through early January and now is frequently susceptible to minor viruses.
2. Please pray for the planning for our upcoming trip to the USA this summer. This will be our first opportunity to visit our senders in California since our sabbatical two years ago, Darryl’s dad is also planning to come to CA to visit us. We have not been able to see him since long before Darryl’s mom’s passing last September.
3. Please continue to pray that God will raise up a new generation of financial partners to take the place of the older generation and to provide the funds we need for long term ministry in Cambodia.
4. Please continue to pray for the Chinese ministry, more Christians are moving to Cambodia for religious freedom and they need help to learn English and Cambodian languages, and to get settled into new jobs and a new culture for the long-term.
In Christ’s Hands,
Darryl, Kayo, and Benjamin – Email Blog
Pankaj and Tonielle Sarkar – Nepal
We had a great Christmas season and we pray each of you did as well!
1. The CCBC Nepal Spring 2019 semester begins February 11! We praise God for providing several new students – including one international student! Please pray for the new and returning students to have a heart to learn from the Word of God and pray for the teachers who will be pouring into their lives. P
2. Tonielle’s pregnancy has been super smooth so far and the due date is coming quickly! Her official due date is February 26 but the doctors are telling us it will likely be closer to the week of the 17th. Please pray for a safe delivery and that her mother will be able to change her airline tickets to be in country for the birth and to help with Levi.
3. Calvary Chapel Kathmandu is growing! We are in awe of how God is sustaining our small fellowship and continues to bring new believers to learn and grow with us. Please pray that God would continue to lead Pankaj in the way he should run the church and for the congregation to continue to have a hunger for God’s Word and a desire to share the Gospel.
4. With our growing family and growing ministry opportunities, we are in need of more monthly support. Please pray for more believers to feel led to partner with us financially.
Thank you for your continued love and prayer support! |
Nadeem and Farah Massey – Pakistan
We are very much thankful to you for the prayer support.
1. Please pray for the protection of Christians in Pakistan, the government has ordered to increase the security of the churches and is asking Christians to guard their prayer places well.
2. Pray for the provision of support for our House/Office Rent, We are in need of $2700 for annual house rent and for maintaining it.
3. Please pray for Farah’s studies and women’s ministry, her First Year in the seminary is going to complete in March after her exams.
4. Please pray for my friend Paul Carden’s wife Lisa who is suffering from breast cancer. Pray for her complete recovery.
5. We have audio Bibles gifted by “Faith Comes by Hearing” we want to reach people in some remote areas and villages far from here. One full day Mission Trip will cost $150, please pray for the provision so that we may reach people with the Word of God.
6. Please pray for the ministry registration process to be completed in coming months smoothly.
Thank you very much! God Bless You!
In Christ Jesus
Nadeem , Farah and family – Email Blog
D.K. – South Asia
1. Pray for sister U. She has a kidney problem; may God heal her.
2. Pray for S. and her pain.
3. Pray for M., for heaviness in her head. Pray against demonic power.
4. Pray for Sister S. She is demon possessed.
5. Pray for me because I need a bicycle to visit villages that are nearby. I want to visit all of the believers who are near me. I would be able to go up to 10-15 kilometers by bicycle. Please pray for this need in my ministry.
6. Please pray for my family and my two children as well, Asha and Anurag. Near the end of the month, we are going to dedicate our baby, Asha, to our almighty God. Please pray for the program.
Thank you! Both of our churches are doing well!
Dk and Family – Blog
R.M. (1) – South Asia
1. Pray for God’s wisdom and strength for ministry.
2. For the students that they will grow in the Word and be equipped in the ministry.
3. Pray that the Lord will help us to get more students for the Pastor’s School.
4. Pray for the growth of the ministry in our region.
5. Pray for my health and financial needs.
Thanks for praying for me and the ministry!
R.M. – Blog
P.M. and V.M. – South Asia
1. Please pray for the 300 people who have heard the Gospel through our Christmas program.
2. Please pray for the village head leader where we held the Christmas outreach, and also the ex-village head leader. They were given copies of the New Testament. They have been anti-Christian but accepted the NT and a gift and attended the outreach program. Please pray that they will put their faith in Christ.
Thank you so much for partnering with us through your prayers.
God bless,P.M. and V.M – B
Prakash and Muna Pariyar – Nepal
-Thank you very much for your precious prayer support.
-Praise God for brother Puskar he accepted Christ as his personal saviour and the Lord this month.
-Praise God for the Worship and Music workshop among the youths from twenty two different churches on 15-17 Jan 2019 that was organized in the western part of Nepal at Dumre in coordination with Calvary Chapel Nepal- Ps. Prakash from Kathmandu and Ps. Milan from Dumre Calvary Chapel along with Ps. Raju . Above 35 youths were trained.
1. Please pray for brother Puskar so that he may grow in faith, fall in deep love with Lord Jesus.
2. Please pray for us that we are hoping of next follow up worship and Music workshop in future with the same youths.
Thank you for your prayers!
Prakash and Muna and Eutychus – Blog
P.K. – South Asia
-We had an incredible Christmas outreach! Many new people heard the Gospel!
1. Please pray for my health; my stomach is still hurting. This month, I will see the doctor. Pray that all will be OK.
2. Pray for my younger sister’s wedding on March 9th, for all of the financial needs.
Thank you for your continued prayers and financial support
God bless you,
P.K – Blog
R.K. – South Asia
1. Please pray for my ministry and the believers in all of the villages.
2. Pray for me, that God will use me so much.
3. Please pray-I visit a man because he is interested in hearing God’s Word. Please pray that he will know Jesus very well.
4. Please pray that my family will grow more in Christ.
God bless you,R.K. – Blog
R.M. (2) – South Asia
1. Please pray for our ministry in this place. Pray that God will open a new door for the house church.
2. Please pray for a believer in my church. She is from a Hindu priest family. Her husband beats her so much because she is always coming to our church fellowship.
3. Please pray for me, that God will give me knowledge of the Word of God more and more.
4. Please pray for my mother; she is having stress from the persecution my family is going through. Someone we don’t know came to our house claiming to be a relative, and demanding 50% of our property and saying they will take us to court. The villagers do not want us in our village because we are Christians. But praise the Lord, these people did not come to the village meeting where they planned to try to take our home! Continue to pray for us.
5. Please continue to pray for me and my family’s safety.
Thanks for your prayers and partnership for the Gospel!
God bless you!
R. M. (2) – Blog
R.K (2) – South Asia
1. Please pray for all of those who are attending our church.
2. Please pray for our campus and students.
3. Please pray that the Lord will help me as I study and teach His Word.
R.K. (2) – Blog
J.E. – South Asia
1. Please pray for the church, as they grow and serve.
2. Please pray for Sunday worship service and the outdoor Gospel meeting gathering.
3. Please pray for the home fellowship meetings.
4. Pray for God to send more workers.
5. Pray for my physical health.
Thank you for your faithful prayers.
God bless you,
J.E. – Blog
W.J. – South Asia
1. My parents and I have been doing a conference for the past 13 years where we reach out to people. This year will be the fourteenth year; please pray that we would be an instrument that the Lord uses. Please pray that people will come prepared for the Word and that many will be saved. Please pray for the people who will be helping with cooking, as well as for good weather since we will be in tents.
2. Please pray for me as I head back to the Bible school and begin the next semester. Please pray that the Lord will work in me, speak to me, and transform me to be more like Him day by day. Please also pray that I will teach by being an example.
3. Please pray for one of our students whose father went to be with the Lord. Four years ago, he also lost his mother. Now he feels very lonely; please pray that the Lord comforts him.
4. Please pray for all of the students and staff as we travel back for the next semester.
Thank you for your prayers!
God bless you,
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.”
- Hebrews 13:3
Thank you for praying! Your prayers are impacting lives and helping
“Reach the Nations…One Soul at a Time”.