We have some exciting things going on that we’d like to share with you. Just a little background to catch everyone up on what we’re doing in Rosarito. We are serving as missionary staff at Calvary Chapel Rosarito. We are also in the church planting program and things are going really well. We came here to not only learn, but more importantly to build a team to go to Oaxaca with us in late December.
Here’s our exciting news: we have our first team member who will be going with us to serve as a translator and ministry partner. We are spending time getting to know him and already love him. Praise the Lord for Armando and his heart to serve the Lord.
Another exciting thing is that we have a church planting vision tour scheduled for October. We will be joined by Pastor Mike Vincent, Tim Pappas from SGWM, and Armando, and possibly some others. How exciting is all of this? The Lord is moving on this future church plant and we are enjoying watching His hand on all of the steps, past and present. We know He has great plans for the people of Oaxaca and we’re honored to be a tiny part of it.
Other than that, things are going really well. We have had some scares with Jonny this past week with an allergic reaction. Thank you to all who have prayed and please continue to pray as he is still having some issues.
- Compete healing of Jonny and Jon’s stomach problems
- We are sharing an update with the church on April 25th. Please pray that we (Jon) would share all that the Lord is doing to prepare us for Oaxaca, and if there’s someone listening that feels a stirring to go, that they would let us know.
- Pray for a worship leader who might be called to go with us
- That we would focus on our Spanish and practicing as much as possible
- Financial provision
- we are continuing to get more and more settled and building relationships
- we have our first team member for Oaxaca
- we’ve had more and more opportunities to push ourselves into having conversations in Spanish and have come across so many people who are patient with us and excited to teach us when we try
Thank you all for taking the time to read us and keep in touch with what’s going on in our lives. We are so grateful for all of the prayers and support from you.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up.
Jon, Allison, Jonny, Noah