A busy month ahead with conferences, especially the Missions conference which is our biggest one that is planned in August. Missionaries come from all over the globe to be refreshed an encouraged, stay connected to what God is doing all around the world and enjoy Him in the beautiful setting of the Calvary Castle in Millstatt, Austria. We have a host of SOS (Summer of Service) volunteers who come each summer to help with the conferences. There are also many who come to help out with the Missions conference from Calvary Costa Mesa, and Calvary Modesto. Both groups are such a blessing.
Please pray for:
-God’s blessings upon the conferences at the Castle this summer
-The SOS and other volunteers who are serving our conferences
– Unity within our team and over all the missionaries
-Safety throughout the week including travels to and from for all attending
-Health and happiness to abound
-Strength and wisdom for our team as they teach the new volunteers what
needs to be done.
Thank you so much!
Mitch and Christine Sorensen – Nice, France
2. Please pray for our attitude of love. It’s easy to become cynical and judgmental.
3. Please pray for the people that we do come in contact with that we will extend as much grace as we have received.
4. Please pray that we will look at every single person the way Jesus sees them. With love and compassion and like lost sheep without a shepherd.
5. Please pray that we will stand on the promises of God’s Word and be what He wants us to be and strong in Him.
Thank you for this opportunity to share our needs.
S.S. – Europe
2. Prayers for the new Syrian converts that they will be able to deal with all the struggles they face with their families and friends. Especially for Ella who got baptized last week and his situation is so difficult at the moment.
3. There is a kind of a hidden human trafficking among the refugees that I became more aware of in this last month. Please pray that God will stop this movement, and that He gives me wisdom and guidance in knowing how to help those ladies. Especially the ones that have kids, that God will protect the kids’ hearts and mind and help them living through all these conflicts they see every day.
4. Please pray for me and for my worship leading practice. I haven’t gotten much time lately to prepare any Arabic or Persian worship songs, and I need God’s help and strength in choosing the songs and singing them correctly.
Thank you for faithfully praying!
God bless you,
Brenna Kulla – Pécs, Hungary
1. Continued prayer for language learning, for the ability to comprehend and understand and the boldness to try and speak.
2. Pray that hearts would be further drawn to God, to seek Him and know Him more deeply. That many more will encounter the goodness and grace of God and be forever changed.God is truly faithful and worthy of all of our praise and affection.
I thank God for you. May you know Him deeper still.
Dave and Twinkle Zavala – Nairobi, Kenya
2. Please pray for God’s hedge of protection over Twinkle and Bianca as they will be traveling to London this week for Bianca’s summer intensive Ballet course.
3. Please pray that God would raise up more Sunday school teachers at Calvary Chapel Nairobi.
4. Please pray that CC Bible College will get more students in the Fall semester.
Brian and Jill Kanyike – Kampala, Uganda
1. Please Pray for the Kanyike’s as they have their interview at US embassy this week to get the children visas. Please pay they are given the visas and they can travel together as a family.
2. Please pray for Jill’s health that she would be healed and that she would be able to get the Dr. appointments she need while in states.
3. Pray for Laylee as she needs some extensive dental work done and they will have to put her to sleep. Pray she won’t be scared and all goes smoothly.
4. Please pray for finances to cover all the flights and medical treatment while they are in the states.
5. Please pray for some remaining paperwork the Kanyike children need before flying, besides their visas.
6. Pray for the church soccer team as it is tournament time and they are reaching out almost daily during practices and matches. Pray for this Thursday as we have a team from the states joining them for evangelism in the market.
7. Please pray for the entire ministry that is going on before they leave and for arrangements for it to continue while they’re away.
8. Pray that Jill and the Children can catch up homeschooling as they have had a bit of a break with all the visitors.
9. Pray for Brian as he pastors and leads the ministry team at Arise Christian Fellowship.
Thank you for praying for the Kanyike family and the ministry in Uganda.
R Family – North Africa
The R family is in a closed country in North Africa actively looking for divine appointments in which they can naturally share the gospel and bring Him glory.
There are exciting opportunities on the horizon for which you can join us in
1. There is revival in a nearby town. Pray local pastors would be raised up and adequately trained and how the R Family can be involved
2. Pray for opportunities to use their gifts of teaching, counseling and discipleship for His glory
3. Pray they would have wisdom and clear direction as to how to support, encourage, and invest in local believers
4. Many college students are on the verge of coming to faith in Christ. Pray for sensitivity to the leading of the Spirit and wisdom as the R Family meets with them and answers their questions and ultimately for the student’s salvation!!!
5. Pray for wisdom and clear direction in running the business and for God to raise up a Spirit-filled partner, gifted in administration.
Thank you for your faithful prayers and kneeling with us!
God bless you,
The R. Family
Vincent and Melissa Aniku – Midigo, Uganda
1. Please pray for our children’s ministry which is at least 1/3 Muslims. Pray for Bibles and play equipment for them. Pray also the God continue to direct us on how to reach these masses of children. We have on average 100 children per classroom for Sunday mornings.
2. Pray for my allergies and health. This is the season where my throat is almost always swollen especially in the middle of the night. Pray also for Zachary’s breakdowns.
3. Pray for the Muslim converts and also for the discipleship class we do here for the ones still fearing to be open about their faith.
4. Pray also for the football/soccer ministry as we start planning the tournaments and outreaches.
5. Continued pray for all our Ugandan children. They are asking for wisdom for school and to grow more in the Lord.
6. Pray for the finalizing of the house and the hall.
7. Pray for Angela who is serving with us for the next 4 months. Helping us with the children’s ministry, the school and with the boys.
Thank you so much for your love and prayers!
Bond, Heather and Breanna Gaona – Africa
-Praise God for the wonderful turnout for the Discipleship Training classes for Pastors and Leaders. Bond has the most attendees ever this year.
1. Pray for strength, wisdom, and that the Lord would fill Bond to teach 6+ hours each day. Pray for his time of study to be rich, that he would get rest at night and that he would remain healthy to equip and teach the 40+ pastors and leaders attending daily discipleship classes.
2. Pray for Heather and Teri as they minister to women and children on a daily basis. There schedule is filled with time at the school, refugee camp, dorms, church and house to house. Pray that they would be ready for every opportunity, be filled with the Holy Spirit and be ready for each appointment God brings their way.
3. Pray for the team from CTR that will be coming in late July to serve with us. Pray for the VBS, school outreach, refugee camp programs and that the team would be an overall blessing as together we share the love of Christ and serve the community.
4. Pray for protection against sickness and specifically against malaria for our whole family especially Breanna.
HisKids – Joe and Lisa Horner – S. Sudan, Uganda and Haiti
1. Please pray for the unrest in Haiti. Recently, the Prime Minister of Haiti announced a major increase in the price of fuel. After this announcement, there was rioting and looting all over the country. Haiti supplements the price of fuel, and there was a lot of pressure to increase the price. The PM has since resigned, but the country still has a lot of turmoil. We had a team of people going to Haiti in July, but it was cancelled because of the unrest.
2. We are still fighting polio. I have not found vaccinations to give to the kids. You would think this would be easy to find either here in the states or in Haiti, but it is not. I am meeting with some doctors who are interested in helping. If you know how we can stop kids in Haiti from getting polio, please let me know. We are trying to get kids who have been affected by polio wheel chairs. If you are interested in helping, go here: https://hiskids.com/donations/wheelchair/ Also, please continue to pray for Jenny who needs face surgery.
Thank you for faithfully praying for us!
Matthew and Noelle Harris – Gulu, Uganda
– Praise: the first session of our new class of 33 pastors went very well. They studied through Gen 1-11. Multiple pastors reported that it was as if they were reading the Bible for the very first time. Many of their previous wrong beliefs/understandings were confronted by the truth of Scripture.
-Praise: praise God that he has nearly finished healing pastor Steven and his wife from their motor cycle accident last month.
-Praise: our friend Daniel who has sickle cell recovered from his malaria.
-Praise: our daughter Madeline recovered from malaria very well.
1. Please pray for class number 1 as they soak in what they just learned from their last week of the minor prophets.
2. Pray for Class number 2 as they prepare for their week together studying through the second half of Genesis.
3. Please pray that Noelle will have strength as she raises our two little girls and our new born in a foreign land.
4. That Uganda would be full of disciples.
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers for us, you are a blessing!
NORTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA
Mike and Sarah Vincent – Rosarito, Mexico
1. That God would bless our church planting conference on August 3rd and 4th!
2. That God would provide everything needed to finish up with our sanctuary edition and new patios!
3. That God would provide the financial needs of our family and ministry!
Thanks for the prayers!
Scott and Joanna Everett – Dominican Republic
2. The families transition from the states to the Dominican.
3. The Lord opening doors for the gospel, and discipleship.
4. The Lords guidance in our steps.
Thank you for your faithful prayers!
God bless you,
Tim Pappas – California, USA
-Praise God for His protection through the southern Asia and Mexico mission’s trips
1. Please pray that I would glorify the Lord here at SGWM and
2. That the Lord would help me not be overwhelmed but productive as this is my first full week back in the office in the last eight weeks.
3. Please pray for my physical health and adjustment to new dietary restrictions
4. Please pray that I would be diligent in my studies as I am starting Skype classes in southern Asia and teaching through the book of Exodus for the next 16 weeks
Thanks for praying!
Joel and Amy Garcia – California, USA
1. Please pray for continued wisdom and the guidance of the Holy Spirit in raising our children.
2. Please pray for an increase in our family’s faith, as this has been a major theme the Lord has been placing on mine and Amy’s hearts lately.
3. Please pray for our finances and continued financial support, as our cost of living is rising as our kids continue to grow, and we would love to move into a larger living space if the Lord wills.
4. Continued vision and direction in my role with SGWM.
Love you and thank you!
Joni Houser – USA
2. Please pray for God to use me to aid believers in South Asia.
3. Please pray that the Gospel will be spread throughout South Asia.
Jana Sandbulte – Indiana, USA
2. Please pray that I will train up my children to follow Jesus with all of their hearts.
3. Please pray that God will use me to minister to those working in South Asia in any way He wants me to.
4. Please pray for the health and safety of South Asian believers.
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Leo and Pilar Gray – Ensenada Mexico
2. Pray for the students returning in late August, that the Lord would be preparing them even now as they prepare to come.
3. Pray for our teachers, that it would be an extra special semester for them as they share God’s word and their lives with the students.
4. Pray for the staff – that we would be encouraged and that God would bless those who have left. Four have moved and are serving and working elsewhere. Also that He would send others to come help us. 5. We had a great 10 year anniversary celebration last weekend and got to see and hear from a lot of our graduates.
5. Leo has been diagnosed with an esophageal ulcer. The medications are working but pray for healing and healthy food choices. No coffee, no chocolate, eat lots of vegetables, that kind of healthy stuff.
6. Pray for our family, our youngest son is getting married in January, our middle son and his wife are expecting their first child in December.
7. Leo is the president of the Association of Christian Thrift Stores and is in the planning stages of having two Workshops next year. Pray for Gods blessing and wisdom in the decisions that have to be made. Also pray that the attendance is good and that the Workshops would be a real time of fellowship, learning, and encouragement for those attending.
Thanks for your prayers.
Jon and Allison Brechtel – Oaxaca, Mexico
1. We are still praying for a worship leader to go to Oaxaca with us to plant the church. Please keep this in prayer, that the Lord will stir in someone to go be a part of this church plant.
2. Jon was ordained at Calvary Chapel Rosarito and is now serving as an assistant pastor. Please pray for him as he takes on this new and exciting role.
3. Please pray for our upcoming Vision Trip to Oaxaca City in October. It’ll be here sooner than we think.
Thank you for praying for our family each month!
Aaron and Jackie Mosley – Oaxaca, Mexico
1. Safe travels as we take a long road trip down to Mexico
2. For God to direct our route as we drive
3. For a smooth transition living in the Mexican culture
4. That we would learn the lessons that God wants to teach us along the way
5. For comfort as we’ve said goodbye to our friends and family
John and Natalia Gunderson – Cajamarca, Peru
2. Spiritual protection in all the areas of our family.
3. Wisdom in leading the Church according to God’s will and being able to deal with problems that may arise within the church.
4. Spiritual growth for the four of us and also for the Church.
5. Peace and unity between brothers and sisters in Christ here in the area of Cajamarca.
6. Be able to show God’s love and being a good testimony for the city we live in.
7. The mission team that will be working with us from July 27th-August 8th.
8. For the kids that will be involved in our VBS, Sports camp and English Camp programs during the week that our mission team is here from California.
Thank you so much for your time praying for us. Thank you for helping us. We really appreciate it.
May the Lord bless you!
Brad and Melissa Miller – Amazon Jungle, Brazil
1. Please pray for these ministry concerns with our family as we serve the Lord here in the Amazon Jungle.
2. For the Apurina people. Especially for Chief Makaao, Chief Evandro, Valdici, Oscar and Analucia, Guerlermi and Elsimara, Pedro, Domiginho, Evandro and Marissa, Jarison and Lucia, Cirinei and Janet.
3. For the Women’s, Children’s, and Youth Ministries among the Apurina people.
4. For our family as we travel in the interior, for our children and homeschooling(or river schooling).
5. For our eldest daughter Andrea. She has returned to Brazil after completing College in the U.S. to regroup and plan for her future.
The Buescher Family – Cajamarca, Peru
-Praise for a month of getting things done. We got our papers in order for residency. Got Jane’s Peruvian passport, plus her US Citizenship, and are just waiting to receive her US passport. We are currently on a trip to the border to renew our visas so that we can turn in our application for residency. Everything went extremely well and we have seen God’s hand throughout the entire process.
1. Pray for us as we begin a new semester. That the Lord would send those He wants and that nothing would prevent those students from being able to come. Pray for the many who will be graduating this semester, that they will really be prepared for the big step ahead of them as they seek the Lord’s will about what is next for them.
2. Pray for continued health for Jessica and wisdom about taking a trip to the US to see a specialist.
Thank you for your prayers! It means a lot that you would take the time to lift these things up in prayer for us.
1. Please pray for our relationship with God that we may grow in His word more and more.
2. Please pray for our Family health.
3. Please pray for our Bible study service that people may be saved and grow in Him.
4. Please pray for that young people to whom we are disciplining that God may strengthen them daily.
5. Please pray for our Bible school that God may provide its needs and its facilities.
6. Please pray for our Bible school Student as they are coming from remote village for safe journey.
7. Please pray for our personal financial need and financial needs for youth conference and Inductive Bible Study.
8. Please pray that God may provide me MacBook laptop with logos bible software,which may help me in the ministry.
Thank you and God bless
Anand, Usha and family – Email
Darryl and Kayo Record – Cambodia
Thanks for your faithful prayers. Our family is currently traveling around Japan meeting with our senders and speaking at Japanese churches. We have had good opportunities to share what God is doing in Cambodia and also encourage Japanese believers with apologetics messages.
1. Please pray for Darryl’s mom. She just had her second stroke (one on each side of the brain). She is completely disabled now. Please pray for Darryl’s dad as he makes arrangements for her care.
2. Please pray for peace after the July 29 elections in Cambodia. After the elections of five years ago, there was a lot of political tension which resulted in areas of the city being closed off with barbed wire and heavily armed police and military units.
3. Please pray for our smooth and safe return to Cambodia on August 10. We thank God that Darryl’s visa was renewed for another year despite increased requirements.
4. Please pray for Darryl’s apologetics video ministry to continue to grow. We are encouraged that one of the videos in Cambodian language has been shared by many Cambodians and has received more than 18,000 views.
5. Please pray for Darryl’s continued work with Light Times magazine, the only Christian magazine in Cambodia.
6. Please pray for Kayo’s continued work with Precious Women ministry, a Cambodian founded ministry, that evangelizes and provides job training for at-risk women who work in bars and nightclubs etc..
Nadeem and Farah Massey – Pakistan
1. This is election month in Pakistan, some members of extremist organizations are also contesting this time which is really bad news for the religious minorities. Please keep Pakistan in you prayers that we may have a good leader who can ensure the protection of Christians and other minorities in Pakistan.
2. I am praying to go to Thailand in September to attend Calvary Chapel Asia Missions Conference. I am in need of support of $700 for airfare and $500 for lodging. Please pray for the provision of this need. If anyone from you is coming to Thailand in September, please get in touch, it will be wonderful to have fellowship.
3. During last two months we have been traveling to some very poor and backward areas of Pakistan, about 4-5 hours drive from our place. People are poor, and oppressed and along with that they are deceived and robbed by Televangelists and prosperity teachers. It was great to go and share with them about Jesus through Ture Word. We wish to continue this project. One monthly trip costs us $150, if Lord leads you to support this project of reaching the unreached, please pray for provision of the need.
4. Please keep Calvary Chapel Pakistan always in your prayers, pray for the protection of the staff and the congregations.
Thank you and God bless you!
A.G. and J.G. – South Asia
Thank you so much for praying for us
D.K. – South Asia
Thank you for praying for us continually. By your prayers and support we are doing well. The ministry is also going well; some new believers are coming to our church! Praise the Lord, my wife had a healthy baby girl; God answered our prayers!
1. Please pray for one woman who comes to our Sunday service regularly. Her husband and son have stopped coming to services. Pray for her husband and son, that God will change their minds.
2. Please pray for brother S.; he is a new believer. He has swelling in both of his knees. Please pray for complete healing.
3. Pray for sister Mohni; she is demon possessed. Pray for her deliverance.
4. Pray for a big enough place to gather for Sunday service. We would like to rebuild the place we are gathering so that it can hold more people.
5. Especially pray for my wife and her normal delivery this month. She is due on July 20. Please pray that everything will be normal and she and the baby will be healthy and safe.
6. Next month, we are planning to begin renovation on the place where we are gathering our house church. We plan to increase its size because it is very narrow. Please keep it in your prayers that God will provide the funds for the renovation.
7. Pray for my new fellowship, and please especially keep in your prayers the elderly woman who has opened her home and given her home for the ministry. She is alone and a good believer. God is doing miraculous work in this area. Some new believers are coming to the fellowship.
Thank you for your prayers.
Pastor D.K. and family – Blog
R.M. (1) – South Asia
2. That I would have good understanding for what I learn in the medical classes, and that I will be able to use in in the ministry field.
3. For my health, as I was a bit ill the past few weeks. Now, I am recovering.
4. For the Pastors School; we are still working on finding a good place to rent.
Pastor R.M. – Blog
P.M. and V.M. – South Asia
2. Land for building up our ministry.
3. Vinita’s health.
4. God’s grace and wisdom.
God bless you,
P.M. and V.M. – Email
P.K. – South Asia
2. Pray for me, that I can disciple all of the believers well.
3. Pray for a girl who has meningitis; her condition is very critical and she is in ICU. Please pray that God will heal her soon.
Thank you for your prayers!
God bless you,
P.K – Blog
R.K. – South Asia
2. Please pray for my ministry.
3. Please pray for our small house fellowship in the village.
4. My bike is not running well. Please pray that God will help with my financial needs so that I can go more places with the bike to preach.
God bless you,
Pastor R.K. – Blog
S.K. – South Asia
1. I am moving back to my village. Please pray that God will open new doors for me there.
2. Please pray that I will be able to use the things I am learning in health training on the field.
3. Pray for my safety. It is monsoon season (rainy season), and there are dangerous landslides everywhere.
4. Please pray for my spiritual growth.
Thank you! God bless you,
Pastor S.K. – Blog
R.M. (2) – South Asia
-Praise God for his faithfulness in my life!
-Praise God for a change of heart in the people who filed false charges against my parents 12 years ago. Now, they are ready to compromise.
-Praise God for giving us the opportunity to share the love of God with our village president and all the people who filed the false charges against my parents. We had a meeting with them at our village president’s home. They hugged my father and apologized to him!
-Praise God for keeping us safe from all of the anti-Christian people around us.
-Praise God for adding new people to the church day by day.
-Praise God, 5 more believers were baptized!
1. Please pray that my family will be fully release from all false police charges. The compromise processing will start on July 25; pray that it will go quickly and smoothly.
2. Please continue to pray for the all of pastors. These days, the anti-Christian groups are causing more pastors to be arrested.
3. Please pray for my neighbors, that they will know love of Christ and talk with us.
4. Please pray for all of the believers, that they will grow in the Word of God.
5. Please pray for my health and my shoulder is persistent shoulder pain.
Thanks for your prayers and partnership for the Gospel!
God bless you!
R.M. (2) – Blog
R.K.(2) (Rohith) – South Asia
2. Please pray for the college campus I am working at, and the men from different states of this country in South Asia.
Pastor R.K. (2) – Blog
J.E. – South Asia
2. My ministry team is myself and one other brother. Currently we do all of the teaching, house visits, evangelism and outreach. We need your prayers for our health, provision and to not become discouraged.
3. I need continuous wisdom from God to continue leading His church.
4. I need more fellowship with my brothers at CCBC and ongoing accountability and training so I can be steadfast in teaching God’s Word.
5. We are searching for a new building in our area where we can expand our fellowship; living in our city is very expensive compared to villages, and we need to trust the Lord for finding a place.
God bless you,
Pastor J.E. – Blog
W.J. – South Asia
2. Please for my family and their ministry and safety during travel.
God bless you,
W.J. . – Blog
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.” – Hebrews 13:3
Thank you for praying! Your prayers are impacting lives and helping “Reach the Nations…One Soul at a Time”