The calling to missions is often overwhelming with the list of questions that seemingly have no answers, the anxieties of moving overseas, the realities of leaving your home, your family, your friends, and your church. Then there is the staggeringly unclear task of raising support.
Where do you begin? Who do you talk to? What are the steps?
Is there anyone that can help?
The answer is Saving Grace World Missions (SGWM) is here for you. We exist with a passion to come alongside missionaries and their churches in order to help them get to the mission field AND be successful while they are on the mission field.
SGWM has over 10 years of experience in missionary care, shepherding, and facilitating. We love to minister to missionaries and help make their calling a little more manageable and the path a little clearer. If God is calling you to the mission field SGWM has the experience and the staff to help you make that calling a reality.
Here are some of the practical ways Saving Grace World Missions assists our missionaries.
Receiving Donor Contributions
- One of the biggest needs that a missionary will face is financial processing assistance. SGWM has a team of people that work on receiving, imputing, and managing each missionary’s donations. Every long-term missionary will receive a personal account within our accounting department where all of their donations are posted. SGWM missionaries have direct access to their financial information either through our financial staff or their own personal and secure login. This is where the missionary can review and stay up-to-date on all their donor financial information.
Donor Tax Receipts
- SGWM is a licensed 501-c3 non-profit organization that allows all contributors of a missionary to receive a tax-deductible credit for their gift.
- All of our long term missionaries are considered full-time staff of SGWM and will receive payroll on the 1st and the 15th of every month based upon the missionary’s personal support.
E-mail Newsletters/Updates/Prayer Requests
- One of the services we provide our missionaries with is a Newsletter e-mail service. This means that the only thing a missionary needs to do is post their update to their website (see the bullet point about the personal missionary blog) and our SGWM staff will take their update and mass e-mail it within our SGWM template to the missionary’s specific e-mail list.
- SGWM offers an international health care plan for individuals and families that focuses on the specific care and needs of overseas missionaries.
Pastoral Support and Counseling
- As a Calvary Chapel based ministry we have a staff of Calvary Chapel Pastors that are here to help care for and shepherd our missionaries. Pastor Mike Thiemann who is the Director of SGWM was a missionary in Africa and has years of missions experience. Pastor Trent Douglass who is the Sr. Pastor of Calvary Chapel Saving Grace is also the President of Saving Grace World Missions.
Personal Missionary blog on www.SGWM.com
Online Giving & Ongoing Monthly Giving Options
- Living in the times that we do Online Giving and Ongoing Monthly Giving is a necessity. On every missionary’s website, there is a link for donors to be able to give either a one-time gift or be able to sign up for an ongoing monthly gift of any amount.
As a Calvary Chapel based ministry we have a passion to see the nations reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Word of God taught, lives touched and people ministered to. If God is calling you please don’t hesitate to contact us.
***Please note we are not currently accepting applications until September 2020***