“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you.” Jeremiah 1:5
Growing up in America with the amazing birthday parties and many presents, it hard for me to have birthdays in Uganda. This being my 9thbirthday here, I think I finally got it! Remove the selfishness and focus on God’s truth. I thought about how God knew me. All my sins and ugliness but yet He still wanted me. Not even that He alone but gave His only son for me! He had all these amazing plans for my life as he created me in Mommy’s womb! Seeing His love, grace and His knowledge of all things has overwhelmed me. This would have been plenty for me but it didn’t stop there. Many people brought gifts even though we didn’t plan a party. I cried happy tears and had to explain why my eyes watered. Again, feeling so unworthy and extremely blessed! I know how people struggle for money and what it means to work so hard just to try to get school fees. Yet they are bringing me nice thoughtful gifts. Who am I that God could bless me so much? It’s just the unmeasurable amounts of amazing God!
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6”
Our first ever locally ran, 3 day VBS was more amazing then we could ever have imagined! We had made a budget for 200 children but by the second day we had well over 300 children! We kept praying that God provide and multiply. Him being so faithful, He did! Since it was holiday season we were not expecting so many. We think because many parents were in the garden and most parents rarely know where their children are, many children from the Muslim homes around came. The second day they all brought their friends! The third day we had a few less than the second day and I assume it was because word got out by then. Everyone serving amazed me! We have so many new teachers and helpers in children’s ministry and all stepped up to the plate and served God whole heartedly. It went so much smoother then I thought possible. All the children extremely blessed and many came to accept Christ. Our VBS theme was “Fruits of the Spirit.” We also printed out handouts for parents to know what their children will be learning. We did this in hopes that it will encourage more parents to want to spend time with their children and share the Word of God with them.
- Please pray for Chandiru. She has had her face drained many times but it keeps coming back. We introduced her to the team that came from CC San Juan to get advice on how to help. They shared some ideas and even blessed her with enough to get some real tests done. Vincent has taken her to Arua today to do the tests we can. Please pray God shows us the answers on how to help this precious young lady and also that her and her family may be saved through this.
- Please continue to pray for strength and health for us, especially Vincent. He is really being used so mightily. We see the church members growing in their walks and so much fruit out of all the hard work so that makes it worth it a million times over.
- Please pray as the boys and I travel stateside this coming month. I already have all my doctor’s appointments lined up so please pray for guidance for the doctors. If I do need surgery that it won’t take too long to schedule so that I can heal and we can head back. Zachary’s school and therapies are all set up too. Please pray for us as we are apart from Daddy again!
- Please also pray for our vehicle to stay strong during our travels.
- The government tractors working on the roads have shared they are hoping to level our land for us. This would be a huge blessing!
- The boys are I have an opportunity to visit Calvary Chapel Galway, Ireland on our way stateside! Never thought this dream would come true but it is and we can’t wait to meet all the people that have been praying for us all these years. Also, can’t wait to spend time with the Clancy’s who helped me so much especially those first years of missions.
- The CC San Juan team had an amazing trip and were such a blessing. Angela and I even assisted some of the midwives with the delivery of babies and name them. Angela is now hooked and going to the hospital almost every day to take photos of the new babies born. We also joined them at the refugee camp and many other blessings.
- All the funding for the sports ministry has come! Praise God for His provision! Please continue to pray for the team as the next season is starting now.
- We made a video I can share stateside with Vincent and photos from this year. I am defiantly not tech gifted so I’m excited it is done!
Posted in Uncategorized by Vincent and Melissa Aniku with no comments yet.